Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

School Kids - Pawns in Social Reform and their Domestic Terrorist Parents

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

“White Privilege” Cards Lead High School Students to Stage Walk Out in Frustration (msn.com)

The cards read, “White Privilege Trumps Everything. Member since birth. Good thru death. Card holder, Scott Free.”

She said the district’s students “are really good at reporting to us, so it wasn’t long before they let us know what was going on,” adding that she has no idea what the student’s intended purpose was in distributing the cards. 

Trump-supporting parents are raising their children in hateful households, then sending them off to school with kids they were taught to disrespect. Let’s say it once again, for the umpteenth time, for the people in the back: Racism is taught.

Fortunately, this story is from The Root, so there's only like 30 people who'll take it seriously.

Declining test scores, social skills caused by school boards and teachers unions, mother says (msn.com)

"I honestly think the school boards are very selfish," Kristin Jackson, whose kids attend public school in Fairfax County, Virginia, told Fox News. "I don't think they have the best interests of kids at all."

Average reading scores among nine-year-olds dropped five points compared to 2020, the sharpest decline in 30 years, while math scores decreased for the first time in history, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.

Jackson said school closures over the COVID-19 pandemic — implemented by her local school board and pushed by national teachers unions — led to her kids suffering academically and socially. She said her third-grade son tested below the third grade reading level at the end of the last school year. 

66k for 6 hrs / day and 2.5 months off in the summer isn't exactly chump change.

Flordia teachers are pissed that DeSantis kept the schools open and they had to work, while their woke comrades in other states got paid (at even higher rates) to sit home.

and don't bring in any of those retired military, that have not been indoctrinated in our wonderful woke learning factories,  to undercut our agenda against the kids

'What is woke math?': In Florida, public school teachers bristle at DeSantis's changes to education (msn.com)

Teachers surveyed in the poll once again cited increased workload, low pay and a lack of support from parents and school administrators for the decline and see little evidence of improvement on the horizon.

Lucas, for example, holds a master’s degree and numerous advanced teaching certifications, yet after 28 years teaching. She admits that if she did not have financial help from her husband and her parents, she’s unsure how she would be able to survive off just her salary.

“I still don't make over $66,000 with all of those things,” she said.

For Spar, the steep decline of teaching satisfaction in Florida is reflective of the state majority conservative leadership’s priorities.

According to a June survey by Hart Research Associates on behalf of the American Federation of Teachers, the second largest teacher’s union in the country, 79% of pre-K-12 teachers were very dissatisfied or somewhat dissatisfied with their overall conditions, nearly double the 45% who expressed dissatisfaction before the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

66k for 6 hrs / day and 2.5 months off in the summer isn't exactly chump change.

Their work day doesn’t end the second the kids go home. There’s planning, there’s grading. You’re significantly underestimating the time they spend. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Everyone but the most intellectually dishonest partisan now acknowledges that long school shutdowns were an abject disaster for kids, especially for poor kids.   My liberal brother-in-law is counting the days to retirement because the kids are so out of control after sitting home playing video games for over a year.  But he and my sister still can't acknowledge that the liberals were flat out wrong.

Of course, we need to keep the focus on anti-DeSantis, so the media tries to make it all about pay rates and 'unfair' blah, blah, blah.

Another 24-year-old male middle school teacher for the Palm Beach School District, who agreed to speak to Yahoo News under condition of anonymity for fear of retribution from his school or state government, expressed how different this school year has been.

“Teaching and interacting with students has made a complete 180 for me this school year, as I identify as a gay male,” the teacher told Yahoo News. “So the governor’s hurtful legislation has directly affected my day-to-day at work. Last year, I had a pride flag in my classroom. I regularly spoke about my boyfriend of three years, and I helped many students who felt open enough to discuss with me some confusing thoughts they had been having, and I helped them talk through them with the guidance counselor.

Why would any teacher need to "regularly speak" about their personal romantic life in a classroom?  Did anyone here ever have a teacher, straight or gay (yes, even decades ago everyone knew which teachers were gay), feel the need to do that?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Why would any teacher need to "regularly speak" about their personal romantic life in a classroom?  Did anyone here ever have a teacher, straight or gay (yes, even decades ago everyone knew which teachers were gay), feel the need to do that?

Yes.  My fifth grade teacher, Mr. Beris.  Bitched about divorce and his soon-to-be-ex-wife every day.  Was fired for it.

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Everyone but the most intellectually dishonest partisan now acknowledges that long school shutdowns were an abject disaster for kids, especially for poor kids.   My liberal brother-in-law is counting the days to retirement because the kids are so out of control after sitting home playing video games for over a year.  But he and my sister still can't acknowledge that the liberals were flat out wrong.

Of course, we need to keep the focus on anti-DeSantis, so the media tries to make it all about pay rates and 'unfair' blah, blah, blah.

The closest I can think of is My 3rd grade teacher who actually invited the entire class to her wedding, and before the wedding she had a countdown posted in the classroom. Other than the cutesy wedding related stuff and making sure we remembered her new last name, her personal life never came up that I recall.

The man who worried Guam would tip over before there were too many people there is letting everyone know that the parents who went to school board meetings were MAGA Republicans and part of a coordinated attack just like J6.

EDIT: He also says 5 people were killed and hundreds of capitol police were beaten.

Will anyone challenge this?

No. No, they will not.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Facepalm 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The man who worried Guam would tip over before there were too many people there is letting everyone know that the parents who went to school board meetings were MAGA Republicans and part of a coordinated attack just like J6.

EDIT: He also says 5 people were killed and hundreds of capitol police were beaten.

Will anyone challenge this?

No. No, they will not.

At least 30% of the country believes this.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It’s not so much speaking of “romantic life”, but there were plenty of little “Mr. Smith and I went to the store yesterday” type comments over the years. I can’t picture a teacher making it through a school year never saying something like that. I don’t know what these florida laws are, but I can’t imagine they’d stop a male teacher from saying something like that, it’s damn near impossible. 

In the article there is a throw-away line that the parents didn't take them seriously, but obviously several parents did.

The middle school boys thought their teacher was a ‘creep.’ So they tracked how he treated the girls.

A “pedo database” where some Davisville Middle School students documented how their teacher harassed girls in their class is now part of an investigation into the North Kingstown teacher.

As sixth graders, the students thought their teacher at Davisville Middle School was a creep.

They saw him leering at some girls, singling them out with pet nicknames, encouraging them to dance for him. They saw him treating boys with contempt, and sometimes cruelty.

The teacher, who was also a coach and involved with extracurricular activities, told the students that he’d weathered parents’ complaints for nearly 30 years, and there was nothing anyone could do to him.

By seventh grade, some of the boys had started taking notes, documenting what the teacher was saying and doing, particularly to the girls, at the school.

In an exclusive interview with The Boston Globe, one of the boys described how in January 2021, he and his friends decided to start their “Pedo Database,” to track the teacher’s words and actions.

They had tried talking to adults about what they heard and saw. None of the adults listened or took them seriously, the student told the Globe. It made the boys uncomfortable to see the girls in their class struggling to deal with their teacher flirting with them.

</snip>

They set up a subchannel on Discord, named it after the teacher, and called it the “Pedo Database.” “Post the [teacher’s] pedo moments and quotes here so we can get evidence,” one boy wrote.

“This is now the official chat that we will later use as evidence against [the teacher] about pedophilia in case anything does come up in the future and we do turn out to be right,” wrote another.

During COVID, as they attended class online, they’d open the Discord channel on a split-screen and document the teacher’s comments in real time:

“You all love me so choose love.”

“You gotta stand up and dance now.”

Everyone “in bathing suits tomorrow.”

Once they were back in class in person, the boys jotted down notes to add to the channel later: Flirting with one girl. Teasing another. Calling the girls “sweetheart” and “sunshine.” Asking one girl to take off her shoes and try wiggling her toes without moving her pinkies.

</snip>

The middle school girl’s family had complained to the previous superintendent, but it wasn’t until they threatened to get a restraining order that the teacher was made to stop coaching middle schoolers in North Kingstown.

The teacher went on to coach in two other school districts, while continuing to teach at Davisville, earning more than $87,000 a year, according to school records. And parents at another school district told the North Kingstown family that the teacher had coaching sessions in his basement and appeared to fixate on a select few girls, according to Conlon.

</snip>

While she knew that the teacher was “angry and mean” towards boys — she complained to the school after her son told her about it — she said she didn’t realize what else was happening in the classroom.

That’s why they kept the log, he told the Globe.

“I don’t think there was a single adult who would ever — like their parents, my mom, like anybody in the school — who had ever really taken the whole thing seriously before,” he added.

The boy’s mother contacted Conlon, and now the “Pedo Database” is in the hands of the US attorney’s Office, the state Department of Children, Youth, and Families, the state Department of Education, and with lawyer Matthew Oliverio, who is conducting the school’s internal investigation.

“I did not ever think this would actually be used as evidence, but we always had it as if it was,” said the boy, who is now 15 and a student at North Kingstown High School. “So I’m glad that we did, even though it might have seemed like slightly stupid at times.”

</snip>

8 hours ago, shrader said:

Their work day doesn’t end the second the kids go home. There’s planning, there’s grading. You’re significantly underestimating the time they spend. 

kids go home at 2.

they work till 5 for their 8 hrs, like many others in the working world.

then they get 2.5 months off for the summer, or if they work summer school, they get paid extra

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

kids go home at 2.

they work till 5 for their 8 hrs, like many others in the working world.

then they get 2.5 months off for the summer, or if they work summer school, they get paid extra

So that’s it, they hit 5pm, everything ends, and they don’t bring any work gone with them? My wife was probably putting in a good 60 hours or so each week. I’d ask you to do the math on that as to how that extra time may balance out the time off, but you’ve regularly displayed your inability to understand math. 

But hey, you know better than everyone on just about everything, so I’ll take your word for it. 

9 hours ago, shrader said:

So that’s it, they hit 5pm, everything ends, and they don’t bring any work gone with them? My wife was probably putting in a good 60 hours or so each week. I’d ask you to do the math on that as to how that extra time may balance out the time off, but you’ve regularly displayed your inability to understand math. 

But hey, you know better than everyone on just about everything, so I’ll take your word for it. 

Don't worry, now that he's decided his analysis is true he'll repeat it ad nauseum.

And you know his analysis is true because of his countless demonstrations of expert data gathering, interpretation, analysis, and deduction.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 hours ago, shrader said:

You're just a shill for the teachers' unions.  Or sheeple.  One of the two.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Don't worry, now that he's decided his analysis is true he'll repeat it ad nauseum.

And you know his analysis is true because of his countless demonstrations of expert data gathering, interpretation, analysis, and deduction.

Tyler Durden over at zerohedge has nothing to say about the laziness of teachers, so I'm genuinely wondering where Spartacus got his malformed opinion this time.

12 hours ago, shrader said:

Use of past tense suggests your wife is either retired or no longer teaching.

I'd be curious what her thoughts are on all the teachers pushing students to go trans, hear how their teacher is bisexual, giving them books to show their young boys how to suck dick, and providing 'changing rooms' where boys can dress like girls and then change back before they go home so their parents are unaware what is happening.

I have to believe this is NOT happening everyone, but these teachers are like AOC: she doesn't represent everyone, but she's so batschittcrazy that it's easy to suggest all congresswomen are as batschitcrazy as AOC.

Does your wife have a take on this?

33 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You're just a shill for the teachers' unions.  Or sheeple.  One of the two.

Why not both?

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Use of past tense suggests your wife is either retired or no longer teaching.

I'd be curious what her thoughts are on all the teachers pushing students to go trans, hear how their teacher is bisexual, giving them books to show their young boys how to suck dick, and providing 'changing rooms' where boys can dress like girls and then change back before they go home so their parents are unaware what is happening.

I have to believe this is NOT happening everyone, but these teachers are like AOC: she doesn't represent everyone, but she's so batschittcrazy that it's easy to suggest all congresswomen are as batschitcrazy as AOC.

Does your wife have a take on this?

She was teaching in a catholic school. I’m not trying to be short, but I feel like that addresses each of your questions. 

Just now, shrader said:

She was teaching in a catholic school. I’m not trying to be short, but I feel like that addresses each of your questions. 

Fair enough, but is she a practicing Catholic, or was she just teaching at a Catholic school. I don't know if the Catholic schools insist their teachers be Catholics or not.