Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Any Hip Hop/Rap fans?

ABR

I didn't want to ruin the vibe in the sharing music thread. They have a good thing going on. I was just curious if there were any fans of hip hop/rap music on here? 

I may also have a song to share. He mentions Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills so I thought it may appeal to some 🙂

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I don't mind it, as I have a varied musical taste but I'm mostly old school. Not into the gangsta rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scyC9A6o_Ts

I also feel like I have a varied taste, but if I'm being honest I mostly stick to one genre haha.

I grew up listening to strictly rock music, then eventually I heard hip hop/rap and that has stuck for me. 

Music is amazing in so many ways. I try to listen whenever I can. Rage is pretty special.

Never got into Beastie Boys as much aside from a select few but I have respect for them and any musician trying something different. 

Mostly I just appreciate the fact that we all have different music we enjoy. It may not have nearly the same sound, but you can find a lot of the same messages, expressed with different dialects using different vocabulary.

12 minutes ago, ABR said:

I also feel like I have a varied taste, but if I'm being honest I mostly stick to one genre haha.

I grew up listening to strictly rock music, then eventually I heard hip hop/rap and that has stuck for me. 

Music is amazing in so many ways. I try to listen whenever I can. Rage is pretty special.

Never got into Beastie Boys as much aside from a select few but I have respect for them and any musician trying something different. 

Mostly I just appreciate the fact that we all have different music we enjoy. It may not have nearly the same sound, but you can find a lot of the same messages, expressed with different dialects using different vocabulary.

So, what are some raps that you like? What is that Josh and the Bills one?

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

So, what are some raps that you like? What is that Josh and the Bills one?

I should warn you and anyone who may dare to listen - this one is not for young ears and honestly is quite disrespectful. With that said, I found some parts to be clever. I wouldn't expect any non-rap fan to enjoy it.

I really only bring it up here as he very briefly mentions Josh Allen and being on his Buffalo Bills as a way of him explaining that he makes money, using Bills as money obviously and basically showing some love to Josh Allen, in a way.

Song was a random find, as many of my jams tend to be. I have no clue who the artist is.

As far as which rap I tend to go for, I'm all over the place. Like the older gangsta rap like Notorious B.I.G. and Snoop Dogg to some newer vibey stuff like Post Malone

Here's a couple most have likely never heard of, yet I'm sure plenty can relate to the feel. Definitely not what they play on the radio as far as rap music, just because they're not trendy musicians but I find that's sometimes a good thing.

Edited by ABR
  • Like 1

Billsandhorns
3 hours ago, ABR said:

NF has some good tunes!

He does, I found him by accident honestly. I was shown a different independent artist by a friend and his songs came up as well 

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 9:26 PM, Billsandhorns said:

He does, I found him by accident honestly. I was shown a different independent artist by a friend and his songs came up as well 

Haha yeah I think I heard one of my buds listening to Let You Down on a snapchat story a few years back, I immediately liked it and have respected NF since.