Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Miami Week 8: The Aftermath

Ann

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I like the spirit, but that sounds pretty disappointing to me……. 

I guess it is all within the context that statement was meant in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Miami website is pretty funny tonight.  In case you’re wondering we ran up the score and McDermott and Allen Allen loathsome.

Yep, I saw the same thing.  Just a perverse psychological ploy to call out the manhood of their players (as if they all check in there every week) as if it will motivate them for the next meeting next year.  I'll have to check in after they play the Pats.  At what point does their heads simply explode.  If sports gets under a person's skin that bad then it is time to go do something else.  All that aside they think they should be granted royalty status over accomplishments they made a couple of generations in the past.  Some of their fans back in the 1970's and 1980's could have given BB-Brady era Pats fans lessons in being jerks.  

• Like 1

TtownBillsFan
8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's maybe a bit of both...their front 7 was playing really physical and they were doubling Diggs (and Sanders at times) but JA wasn't throwing the ball to the underneath guys and taking what was there. 

It's not really amazing that once we started doing that and keeping their DLine on the field that we started having success.

Haven't read the rest of the thread (pages two and three), but how much was this JA 'not reading' stuff, and the offense being mostly focused on running the ball, to the detriment of JA getting into a throwing rhythm?  I HATED the offensive focus in the first half (too many runs, with too little O-line and RB talent, at least compared to running teams in the league).  Our best/most physical/most POTENT runner is our QB.  I don't like them calling designed running plays for JA.  I LOVE when he scrambles and makes a BIG play.  But I'm not a fan of them trying to call running plays to him.  It's not where it works/not his strength.  He's best when he is looking downfield, and then just clowns them when they leave him with alot of 'green' between him and every defender that's ran downfield. 🙂

• Like 1

TtownBillsFan
8 hours ago, Ann said:

LOVE Cole Beasley!  HATED him when he played for the Cowgirls.  LOVE him now.  I HOPE that what we were hearing was BEEEEAAAASSSS!  Sounded more like BOOOOOS.  I'm HOPING I am wrong, but EE and OO are pretty easy to hear the difference.  If OO, then our fans in the crowd need to wisen up, BIG TIME!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

LOVE Cole Beasley!  HATED him when he played for the Cowgirls.  LOVE him now.  I HOPE that what we were hearing was BEEEEAAAASSSS!  Sounded more like BOOOOOS.  I'm HOPING I am wrong, but EE and OO are pretty easy to hear the difference.  If OO, then our fans in the crowd need to wisen up, BIG TIME!!!

Definitely Beas.  No way anyone is booing after some huge 3rd down conversion.

• Like 2

Buffalo Timmy

This game reminds me again of how spoiled we are to have Josh. He does poorly for a half and then rips off 4 straight scoring drives and a lot of us complain he did not put up 40. I am not immune but I then remind myself how often we had to hope to get to 21 pts to have a chance to win, forget about playing poorly for 38 minutes and still get to 26.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LB3 said:

At the end of this clip, Josh hugs Wilkins. Doesn't seem to be any ill will over the bye bye gesture.

Good. Glad to see my assessment was wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This game reminds me again of how spoiled we are to have Josh. He does poorly for a half and then rips off 4 straight scoring drives and a lot of us complain he did not put up 40. I am not immune but I then remind myself how often we had to hope to get to 21 pts to have a chance to win, forget about playing poorly for 38 minutes and still get to 26.

Told this story before, but I remember a much younger me going to see the Bills play the Bucs in Tampa when the Bills were putting up a shit ton of points in the 91 season. The Bucs were bottom of the league, and the game should have been a billion to nothing. They won 17-10, but the game was in question from start to finish, and I was a whiny bitch that they didn't crush them.

Took a while to accept all wins with joy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Told this story before, but I remember a much younger me going to see the Bills play the Bucs in Tampa when the Bills were putting up a shit ton of points in the 91 season. The Bucs were bottom of the league, and the game should have been a billion to nothing. They won 17-10, but the game was in question from start to finish, and I was a whiny bitch that they didn't crush them.

People really don't understand that just about every week you're playing against REALLY good players.  The team itself might not play well together but that doesn't mean there isn't talent.

The second you start taking wins for granted, you get beat.  Ask the Bucs how they feel getting raped by Trevor Simian.

• Like 3

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

People really don't understand that just about every week you're playing against REALLY good players.  The team itself might not play well together but that doesn't mean there isn't talent.

The second you start taking wins for granted, you get beat.  Ask the Bucs how they feel getting raped by Trevor Simian.

Your comments on Page 1 of this thread are right on. We remember getting beat twice a year by the Pats*, seemingly forever, but many of us somehow forget they didn't just always plow through the Bills. In fact, many of those losses stung because they were close losses where the game turned on a mistake made by the less-disciplined team. 

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Leodis.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Worse pertaining to Tampa Bay was our 1988 loss to them which cost us home field for the AFCCG.  We lost 10-5 to a good but not considered top shelf defense.  We more or less took them too lightly.  Good thing I was at a retirement dinner for my mother's uncle and there was an open bar that coincided with the game time.  

• Like 1