Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Henry Ruggs III Involved in Fatal Car Crash.

B-Man

Negligence is a sliding scale, and at the extreme end approaches if not meets the line of intent.  Everything reported about this case puts the level of negligence at that line.   

If he stood on the sidewalk firing a gun randomly and happened to kill someone, no one would be saying "well, he didn't really mean to kill anyone".   To me the only difference between that and what he did is the way our country's attitudes have evolved (or not) around guns vs drunk driving.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, GG1 said:

And yet ESPN devoted more outrage to Rodgers lying about his vax status

Great point! Do we know if Ruggs was vaccinated?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Foxx said:

Judge orders Ruggs back to court after missed alcohol test

... Ruggs’ lawyers told Justice of the Peace Suzan Baucum that Ruggs “self-tested” negative shortly after missing one of his calls for a breath test last weekend. ...

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

... Ruggs’ lawyers told Justice of the Peace Suzan Baucum that Ruggs “self-tested” negative shortly after missing one of his calls for a breath test last weekend. ...

Da fuq? Self tested? :facepalm:

So, his defense is that firefighters were culpable in Tintor’s death because they didnt try to extinguish the flames in a timely manner? Lovely. 

• Angry 1

On 11/19/2021 at 3:16 PM, Foxx said:

I self-tested my own employment skills. Turns out I’m qualified for a nine figure job! 😎 I’ve helpfully informed my intended employer that I’ll be expecting my first paycheck by the end of next week.

Edited by Arm of Harm
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So, his defense is that firefighters were culpable in Tintor’s death because they didnt try to extinguish the flames in a timely manner? Lovely. 

Don't all fire trucks go 156 mph?

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Don't all fire trucks go 156 mph?

But who even needs to?  You don't need to go any faster than 88 to see some serious shit.

• 1 year later...

</snip>

According to a plea agreement presented Tuesday in Las Vegas justice court, Ruggs will serve three to 10 years in the Nevada state prison. His next court date is May 10, when he is expected to formally plead guilty.

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin

Just remember the next time someone tells you the justice system is racist that the only color that truly matters is green.  This dude should be under a jail.

• Love 1

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just remember the next time someone tells you the justice system is racist that the only color that truly matters is green.  This dude should be under a jail.

Hate to see anyone killed like this but the dog too!! I agree!!

John Wick Keanu Reeves GIF - John Wick Keanu Reeves Dog ...

• Cheers 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ruggs is lucky the judge is such a pansy.  I'd have given him the max.

Too bad no one had video of him in DC on J6. He'd get life for sure.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ruggs is lucky the judge is such a pansy.  I'd have given him the max.

For the dog alone.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

No matter what city they are in,

They're still the Raiders.

On day Henry Ruggs goes to prison, Raiders announce questionable 'official' drink partnership

By Eric Smithling  

The Raiders made an extremely tone-deaf move on Wednesday.

The team announced a partnership with Charles Woodson's Woodson Bourbon Whiskey on the same day former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for his DUI wreck in November 2021 that killed Las Vegas resident Tina Tintor and her dog.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/on_day_henry_ruggs_goes_to_prison_raiders_announce_questionable_official_drink_partnership/s1_13132_39113837?fbclid=IwAR2pQzyKVQU14GjErjwpeEgmj5yibpHhv4QFeASi01fdZ6TUuCvCovIitYY

• Facepalm 4

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

No matter what city they are in,

They're still the Raiders.

On day Henry Ruggs goes to prison, Raiders announce questionable 'official' drink partnership

By Eric Smithling  

The Raiders made an extremely tone-deaf move on Wednesday.

The team announced a partnership with Charles Woodson's Woodson Bourbon Whiskey on the same day former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for his DUI wreck in November 2021 that killed Las Vegas resident Tina Tintor and her dog.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/on_day_henry_ruggs_goes_to_prison_raiders_announce_questionable_official_drink_partnership/s1_13132_39113837?fbclid=IwAR2pQzyKVQU14GjErjwpeEgmj5yibpHhv4QFeASi01fdZ6TUuCvCovIitYY

Is it questionable because it's a celebrity bourbon that's probably wildly overpriced for being below average?

Just looked it up:  https://woodsonwhiskey.com/

It's a "rapid aged" bourbon which almost undoubtedly means it's young and tastes like shit as I've never seen that gimmick work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Apparently no vehicular homicide law or similar in NV?  Outrageously light sentence.  

There's a bit more to the story - apparently there was some issue with the administered blood test and its admissibility, which is what led to the plea agreement.  So once again, a governmental procedural error leads to some dude getting off seriously light.

Her poor family.

• Sad 1