Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Jaguars Week 9: The Aftermath

Ann

8 hours ago, Meazza said:

That's a stretch.

Really, though? Even if the team didn't care, the talent disparity (supposed) should have indicated a comfortable win.

And yet, they scored 6 and were utterly humiliated. What'll you think when they struggle with the Jets next week?

I'm gonna take a flyer on that very thing happening, because I believe it's a distinct possibility.

Buscaglia's All-22 on the Jags. When a homer like myself can tell you they needed to roll Allen out more, it's clearly too obvious for everyone else. 

But in the end, the inability to run was their poison.

Although the Bills failed to score a touchdown Sunday, their late success against the Cover-2 shell is, at the very least, some reason for optimism. An effective rushing attack would solve a lot of the Bills’ problems, but Allen changing the angle on some plays to attack the intermediate of the field can change things up a bit. Don’t be surprised to see the Bills work to move the pocket against this specific defense in the future, as they also try to rejuvenate their running game.

• Like 2

I watched McD's presser this morning, and Sal is right. McDermott exhibited the quiet fury of a person who is ready to make changes, particularly if the run game doesn't improve quickly. I've watched a lot of McDermott, and I've never seen him this way. He was asked about if he expected the run game to be better at this point in the season and he essentially said "I expected it to be better last year, and you saw what happened."

No idea how it translates, but it was very different to me.

• Like 3