Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Is Cody Ford cut yet?

Joe

18 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Yeah i got it..prob too soon. Didn’t mean to offend. Apologies.

Don't sweat things! I guess I'm super pissed about 9-6......it's ruining my life currently. 

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

Replace "Cody Ford" with "the entire offensive line" and we have a story.

Folks I'm going to say this now and here. 

WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD. 

We are one-dimensional. No running game, bad O-line, GREAT defense. Josh........stop being sugar-high!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Don't sweat things! I guess I'm super pissed about 9-6......it's ruining my life currently. 

Make your life more than football. It sucks that we looked terrible but this is just a game.  

Edit, not trying to talk down or make light of your feelings. Just trying to help you pick up your chin. 

Edited by Fansince88

On 11/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Folks I'm going to say this now and here. 

WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD. 

We are one-dimensional. No running game, bad O-line, GREAT defense. Josh........stop being sugar-high!

I think this could be an AFCCG team, but not a SB team.  At the very least, they should get past the WC round.  But...this requires some player changes as well as scheme and philosophy changes, both offensively and defensively. 

I doubt a coach gets fired or a player gets cut before the season ends, which does not appear to be McDermott's SOP.  Think about the cases of Rick Dennison and Juan Castillo; I would guess that is re-playing right now.  IMO, it all flows back to McDermott; he is the HC and boss who made the current coaching hires and is letting the schemes go into the game plans.

• Like 1

With our O-line troubles, it is tough to say but perhaps it is the coaching. We have not been very good since Bobby Johnson took over that duty.  We could probably use a better (different) scheme as well.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Foxx said:

With our O-line troubles, it is tough to say but perhaps it is the coaching. We have not been very good since Bobby Johnson took over that duty.  We could probably use a better (different) scheme as well.

Last year we were actually ok as far as pass protection goes.  We were not that strong at run protection, but I don't recall it being quite this bad.  During this past off-season, I'm guessing that McD and Beane decided to go with continuity in hopes that would iron things out.  It hasn't and it sounds like McD is pissed.

A simpler scheme could be the answer.  It looks like communication is non existent, so KISS principle, perhaps.  And remembering the snap count would help.