Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New York Jets : Week 10 Game Week Thread

Ann

15 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Sucks for Zimmer. He had really earned his playing time.

Agree.  What's worse is that means Vernon Butler will be active and probably see playing time.  Butler is useless and another Carolina carry-over that McDermott and Beane seem to like so well, but tend to be of little value.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

We did pretty well when Klein stepped in for Milano last year. Who plays the Mike?

I think Klein plays MLB, he has in the past.  Just don't drop him into coverage, that is not his strength.

• Like 1

Away Game Tailgate

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of Bills fans on Sunday at our Bills tailgate. If anyone from this site is going please make sure to let us know. Thanks.

DaBillsFanSince1973

here it is friday and I'm just catching my breath after getting the wind knocked out of me scoring only 6 points, thanks to tyler bass, and losing to a 1-6 jags team 6-9.  

never, ever underestimate an opponent in the nfl. any given sunday was tattooed all over jacksonville last sunday. 

mental game. as much as physical is a must in a game like football, mental game goes above and beyond physical when you let an opponent or a single player in your head. you're toast, in most cases, you're toast.

as was in the case of josh allen vs josh allen and the wrong josh won the mental game as well as the physical game.

ICWBXACAY5SEQC4S7QUWKE3O2I.jpg

JA needs to work and work hard on his mental game. there wont be a josh allen on the other side of the ball sunday but he and the offense need to bounce back in a big way and most times going up against the lowly jets you think about the sweep yet also know it's a division game so, anything goes

this week it's anything goes with a question in the back of ones mind, will they dominate, will JA continue to struggle?

13jets-1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

can't call it. frankly, I haven't the confidence I once had like most fans and the media early on had and it really started out the gate against the steelers at home. then the last two games, especially last week, took the air out. they opened the season with a loss. a conference loss. now sitting at 3 conference losses so they can't afford to lose anymore if they want to get back to the afcc game.

b5696da5-74d5-4190-b475-529ff79bacd7-lar

there is still some football to be had, they can go on a good run if they turn things around starting sunday at the jets then the colts at home next week followed by our first division game against a pats team that could give the bills some competition for the division crown?

starting-quarterback-trent-edwards-of-th

it was the mental game that ended or at least changed the direction trent edwards career was going after that hit in arizona, he was never the same after that even though he went on as a back up he was an example of how important mental toughness is in the nfl and how it can have a negative impact on your game.

AP21311709795612.jpg?w=2383&h=1440&crop=

I'm not by any means saying that type of impact will come close to the the game that impacted edwards career or even have a real negative affect on JA's game going forward but he needs to prove he can play tough mentally and not let a player or team in his head like he let josh allen in his head last week, big time. a sack, int and a fumble recovery all in one game? 

5230dab384994f129034e8bc77591fe2.jpg

that had to get in to his head so I'm looking to see how he bounces back starting this week and really anticipating his next chance against allen and the jags. which likely wont be this season but maybe next? seems we play them every year.

g8gv5inpxj5dknjo3ujl.jpg

JA has shown signs of becoming a great player but he has also shown he still needs work and if he can get his mental game in line with his physical game, who knows, they may end up being that sb contender so many felt they were coming in to 2021?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Everyone who hates Edmunds gets to see what happens without him.

If Frazier modifies what he does to suit Klein's strengths, I think we'll be fine.  If you try to make Klein play an Edmunds role, yeah, that would be bad. 

You think it will make that much of a difference?  I personally feel that Edmunds is not a difference maker, at least not in the role Frazier has him playing.