Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official ‘Other Games’ Thread - Week - 10

Foxx

If I were a Ravens fan, I don't think I'd be too excited about the prospect of giving Lamar a big contract.  John Harbaugh, who I think is a top NFL coach, might want to consider other options either via draft or free agency.  They have a talented team, but I can't see Lamar taking them all the way.  And get rid of Sammy Watkins, guy can't be counted on.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ann said:

The AFC is interesting this year.

Right.  Anyone can win it all, though right now I have to give an edge to Tennessee.  They're building up steam and haven't had a "let down game" lately.

6 hours ago, Core Four said:

Right.  Anyone can win it all, though right now I have to give an edge to Tennessee.  They're building up steam and haven't had a "let down game" lately.

If they don't have Henry for the postseason, Tannehill isn't winning them anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

The AFC is interesting this year.

If by interesting you mean far weaker than the NFC, especially at the top, you're probably right.

Tennessee looks like the best team in the conference at the moment. Physical, and it sickens me to say it, well coached.

New England's coming on strong, too. That defense is scary.

Believe it or not, the Dolphins winning last night was a good thing for two reasons

Firstly, it helps the Bills in the playoff seedings.

Secondly, it gives the Dolphins a glimmer of hope that Tua isn't a first round bust (which he is) so maybe they'll stick with him long term

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If by interesting you mean far weaker than the NFC, especially at the top, you're probably right.

Tennessee looks like the best team in the conference at the moment. Physical, and it sickens me to say it, well coached.

New England's coming on strong, too. That defense is scary.

NE has beaten the Jets, the Jets, the Chargers, the Texans and the Panthers.  IMO they need to do far more than that to earn the title of second best team in the AFC that you have bestowed upon them.

42 minutes ago, devnull said:

Believe it or not, the Dolphins winning last night was a good thing for two reasons

Firstly, it helps the Bills in the playoff seedings.

Secondly, it gives the Dolphins a glimmer of hope that Tua isn't a first round bust (which he is) so maybe they'll stick with him long term

The Tua thing on the broadcast was funny.  Airman/Buck cited it as having turned the game around.  At that point in the game, the fumble return was by far the biggest play but Tua was the savior.  These announcers are as bad as the refs.

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

NE has beaten the Jets, the Jets, the Chargers, the Texans and the Panthers.  IMO they need to do far more than that to earn the title of second best team in the AFC that you have bestowed upon them.

They also showed well against the Cowboys and the Bucs.

33 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Tua thing on the broadcast was funny.  Airman/Buck cited it as having turned the game around.  At that point in the game, the fumble return was by far the biggest play but Tua was the savior.  These announcers are as bad as the refs.

Fumble and two blown cover passes. 

8 hours ago, Core Four said:

2 hours ago, LB3 said:

If they don't have Henry for the postseason, Tannehill isn't winning them anything.

I hope, and think, @LB3 is right. Their remaining schedule has some difficult and easy games left. Without Henry, tannehill has to pick up the slack on production. Can he?

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hope, and think, @LB3 is right. Their remaining schedule has some difficult and easy games left. Without Henry, tannehill has to pick up the slack on production. Can he?

Well, they didn't have much of a problem with the LA Rams.  Titans didn't have Henry, yet sliced through a pretty good Rams defense.  Plus, they put a ton of pressure on Stafford and squashed a normally high powered Rams offense.

I don't like them at all, but Tennessee is a better team than many Bills fans give them credit for, and Meathead is a pretty good coach.  Titans won't run the table most likely, but they'll probably have the #1 seed in the AFC.

4 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Well, they didn't have much of a problem with the LA Rams.  Titans didn't have Henry, yet sliced through a pretty good Rams defense.  Plus, they put a ton of pressure on Stafford and squashed a normally high powered Rams offense.

I don't like them at all, but Tennessee is a better team than many Bills fans give them credit for, and Meathead is a pretty good coach.  Titans won't run the table most likely, but they'll probably have the #1 seed in the AFC.

No, they didn't. They had less than 200 yards of offense. The Rams had 12 penalties for over 100 yards. 14 of the Titans points came from an interception returned for a TD and an interception that led to a 2 yard TD drive. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I agree with you that right now the Titans are the team to beat.

But they didn't beat the Rams. Matthew Stafford did by fronting the Titans 14 ridiculously easy points to start the game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I agree with you that right now the Titans are the team to beat.

But they didn't beat the Rams. Matthew Stafford did by fronting the Titans 14 ridiculously easy points to start the game.

55 minutes ago, LB3 said:

No, they didn't. They had less than 200 yards of offense. The Rams had 12 penalties for over 100 yards. 14 of the Titans points came from an interception returned for a TD and an interception that led to a 2 yard TD drive. 

Looking back at the stats, 'sliced' was a bit much describing the Titans offense.  But they didn't make that many mistakes, at least not near what the Rams did; credit Titans defense, especially the front four.  From watching the game, I came away with the impression that the Rams were outclassed, though not to the extent that the stats indicate...for whatever that is worth.

Tannehill may not beat you by himself and the Titans are certainly better with Henry than without.  But Tenn proved that they can beat a very good opponent without their biggest weapon in a convincing way.  The game didn't come down to a 4th and 1.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe said:

They also showed well against the Cowboys and the Bucs.

Big deal.

The Bills "showed well" against the Titans that you're hyping.  How did that make you feel?