Just changed saved $1400. 
house and cars 

Geiko thanks you for the advert.

Seriously though, that is terrific!

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Geiko thanks you for the advert.

Seriously though, that is terrific!

Farmers 

daughter is way up in liberty mutual and she switched and save a ton. 
you would think they would give upper management a special rate

9 hours ago, mead107 said:

Farmers 

daughter is way up in liberty mutual and she switched and save a ton. 
you would think they would give upper management a special rate

Who did you start with?

I love the Farmers commercials.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Who did you start with?

I love the Farmers commercials.

With a company called Adirondack 

part of 

National General Holdings Corp.

Edited by mead107
  • Like 1

Never hurts to shop around if you don't mind sparing a bit of time. Rates change from year to year, month to month, even day to day!

All companies rate you differently, and they change how they weigh certain factors over the years also. Just because they were cheaper when you signed up, it doesn't mean they still are. 

Don't always look at the price though, as I'm sure most of you know, it's all about the coverage.

Independent companies can be nice cuz they will/can shop around for you. But the big firms aren't so bad either. Can't really go "wrong" as long as you're covered properly.

- Former insurance agent, with Farmers even 😅

Good company that tends to sell based on coverage, not price. And yes, great commercials, though I've quite enjoyed the Progressive ones as of late as well.

Congrats on the savings 👏 From my experience, companies give an employee discount but it was only like 10-15%, I never made it high up though 🙂

Just switched homeowners.  

Global warming or not, P&C insurers have been paying up for damage in the North East recently, and premium increases have gone through the roof.

• 3 weeks later...

Changed from Travelers to State Farm.  Saved some $, but used some of the savings to add an umbrella liability policy.  I like the idea of extra protection beyond my automobile, house and boat coverages.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, Robs House said:

Just steer clear of any insurance company with "state" in the name. They're great until you need them.

Also if they have "Geico" or "AAA" in the name.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Also if they have "Geico" or "AAA" in the name.

We switched companies when we had the big ice storm of 98. Our insurance we had through our local broker failed us miserably and our broker basically said, "Oh well, nothing I can do about it." Well, we did something about it next cycle and found a different broker. We told her to put us on the company that shined the best during that time. She set us up and now searches prices for us every 3 years and we do as well. Have not been able to beat their price and they have served us well. 

• Cheers 2