Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Jets Week 10: The Aftermath

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin

Flacco's touchdown pass with the sixth allowed by the Bills defense this season.

The Jets have given up a QB sack in 44 straight games.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

This was exactly the type of game we needed to see.  Blocking and run game were greatly improved and Daboll did a good job of mixing up plays and getting everyone involved rather than just forcing throws to Sanders.

Defense looked good and hope we see a larger role for Klein going forward.  As another poster pointed out in the game day thread, there won't be a defensive philosophy change, but Klein should see more playing time against teams like NE with two TE sets.  Klein would also be beneficial against teams like Cleveland and Tennessee with a power running attack.

• Like 2

I think that last second loss to the Titans really put us in a funk. we had to go through the bye and barely got by the Dolphins (though the score wouldn't indicate it) and lingered on into the Jags game. Hopefully McBeane got through to them this past week (McBeane probably needed the wakeup call themselves) and we are back on course.

We looked pretty good today but against a sub-par Jets team, anyone could look good. We have the Colts at home next week and if we are running anywhere near normal, we should handle them too. My only concern with the Colts is their running game.  

• Like 2

Glad for the convincing win but am I the only one who was a little concerned with how the 4th quarter went?  Int, fumble, and 2 TD's by the Jets.  I guess while we had our foot on their throat I wanted to crush them.  

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Glad for the convincing win but am I the only one who was a little concerned with how the 4th quarter went?  Int, fumble, and 2 TD's by the Jets.  I guess while we had our foot on their throat I wanted to crush them.  

john-wick-keanu-reeves.gif

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think that last second loss to the Titans really put us in a funk. we had to go through the bye and barely got by the Dolphins (though the score wouldn't indicate it) and lingered on into the Jags game. Hopefully McBeane got through to them this past week (McBeane probably needed the wakeup call themselves) and we are back on course.

We looked pretty good today but against a sub-par Jets team, anyone could look good. We have the Colts at home next week and if we are running anywhere near normal, we should handle them too. My only concern with the Colts is their running game.  

Agree.  The Colts D isn't very good and Wentz isn't a special QB.  He's prone to really bad, ill-advised passes.  Make them beat you by throwing and commit to stopping the run.

• Like 2

Just now, Core Four said:

Agree.  The Colts D isn't very good and Wentz isn't a special QB.  He's prone to really bad, ill-advised passes.  Make them beat you by throwing and commit to stopping the run.

Hopefully Star will be back.

• Like 4

USATSI_17164022.jpg

© Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

Nov 14, 2021; East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA; Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen (17)

celebrates a touchdown against the New York Jets during the first quarter at MetLife Stadium.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Hopefully Star will be back.

Yeah, I'd rather not try do defend a better than the Jets running attack with Butler as the 1TDT.

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

We stepped back after we went up 38-10.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Yes 

Pure garbage time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

We stepped back after we went up 38-10.

I don't mind giving up some yards on defense and a couple 3 and outs on offense but that quarter was a bit much for me.  I guess that is what I get for going out and doing a couple chores that needed doing ahead of the weather such as getting the recycling down by the road.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I don't mind giving up some yards on defense and a couple 3 and outs on offense but that quarter was a bit much for me.  I guess that is what I get for going out and doing a couple chores that needed doing ahead of the weather such as getting the recycling down by the road.

To be fair, they pretty much matched us for yardage in the first half.  The main difference was that they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. Then the beginning of the second half, we just put the pedal to the metal and left them in the dust as they continued to make one mistake after another. 

Then we settled into prevent...

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

To be fair, they pretty much matched us for yardage in the first half.  The main difference was that they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. Then the beginning of the second half, we just put the pedal to the metal and left them in the dust as they continued to make one mistake after another. 

Then we settled into prevent...

I’m fine with that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Not really.  Josh's INT was him trying to run up the score and getting greedy.  Two Jet scoring drives aided by give-it-to-them penalties that don't get called in a close game. 

• Cheers 1