Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

It's Tua Time!

Foxx

Guess they are giving up on the playoffs this year. Yeah, yeah, no one really expected it, but with Good Fitz playing and the team as a whole not being terrible... it was possible, if unlikely. 

If Tua can stay healthy and ends up being the real deal, Miami is gonna be a good team over the next few years (having the Houston first and  second round picks next year should help them fill glaring holes with high draft picks). 

• Cheers 1

I was really surprised when i heard this. 3-1 last 4 right? In the thick of a playoff race. Maybe Tua been lighten it up in practice..but damn. Maybe he is the real deal

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Maybe Tua been lighten it up in practice..but damn. 

You know who else lit it up in practice?

Peterman.

This move makes no sense to me, honestly, because Fitzy has been playing great football, and we're starting to see neither the Bills nor the Pats* are shoo-ins. I'd at least kept Fitzy for the Rams to see if they can keep par, because the Rams -- live everyone else -- seem to be good for a couple of weeks, then rendered impotent. Garappolo was cooking burgers in the pocket last week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was really surprised when i heard this. 3-1 last 4 right? In the thick of a playoff race. Maybe Tua been lighten it up in practice..but damn. Maybe he is the real deal

I guess so.....given how well Miami has been playing, there's no way they'd do this if they were not confident he's going to be at least as good as Fitz.

A return to the good old days with Buffalo and Miami battling for the division crown for the next decade while the Pats* and Jets suck wouldn't be so awful!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snafu said:

I'd keep Fitz in while he's got the hot hand.

But maybe putting Tu(n)a helps our chances for the division title.

Maybe the Dolphins figure the division comes down to the rematch w/ Buffalo and Fitz doesn't have a very good record against us.

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You know who else lit it up in practice?

Peterman.

This move makes no sense to me, honestly, because Fitzy has been playing great football, and we're starting to see neither the Bills nor the Pats* are shoo-ins. I'd at least kept Fitzy for the Rams to see if they can keep par, because the Rams -- live everyone else -- seem to be good for a couple of weeks, then rendered impotent. Garappolo was cooking burgers in the pocket last week.

That's pry why they did it.  The first team he's been on to sell high when we all know Bad Fitz is coming.

• Like 1

Which is less douchy - to root for the hip to give out in a way that prevents him from playing football, but leaves him healthy enough to enjoy life like normal, or to root that he sucks massively and busts out? 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Which is less douchy - to root for the hip to give out in a way that prevents him from playing football, but leaves him healthy enough to enjoy life like normal, or to root that he sucks massively and busts out? 

Never wish injury on someone, bad JuJu. Speaking of JuJu did you hear the one about Jay Zones...

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I prefer the third alternative.  A below average starter who shows flashes that he can be your franchise QB until you waste four plus years as him as a starter before realizing he's not your guy.  Marcus Mariota comes to mind.  The Browns are currently doing that with Mayfield.

Dolphinflavoredtuna

Sure wish Buffalo could find a way to acquire Fitz, so that he could retire a Bill (while upgrading both the backup QB /placeholder positions and adding to the veteran presence).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolphinflavoredtuna said:

Sure wish Buffalo could find a way to acquire Fitz, so that he could retire a Bill (while upgrading both the backup QB /placeholder positions and adding to the veteran presence).

I'd fear for Josh's health if the Bills signed Fitz. :classic_dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler

I guess all they wanted was to believe in somebody.

I was a little afraid of Fitz putting together a few good games in a row and challenging us for the Division. I'm less worried now.