Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Tidbits

MothersMilk

I was thinking about this earlier. If the season had not been expanded to 17 games, a Pats* win against Miami this coming game would have won them the division and likely the number one seed. They'd have been 11-5 and the Bills would be 10-6.

We'd still be in the playoffs either way.

RochesterRob
2 hours ago, LB3 said:

I was thinking about this earlier. If the season had not been expanded to 17 games, a Pats* win against Miami this coming game would have won them the division and likely the number one seed. They'd have been 11-5 and the Bills would be 10-6.

We'd still be in the playoffs either way.

The NFL in my mind will regret going to a 17 game season.  Players will physically breakdown sooner and the quality of play will suffer in the long term.  The NFL should have added another bye for each team if it wanted a longer season.  Legit gambling will also threaten the existence of the NFL as there will be more pressure applied in terms of throwing more money at prone refs and league officials.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/3/2022 at 12:14 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This team is a little girl with a little curl...

Why do you assume their identity? Raysis!

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

The NFL in my mind will regret going to a 17 game season.  Players will physically breakdown sooner and the quality of play will suffer in the long term.  The NFL should have added another bye for each team if it wanted a longer season.  Legit gambling will also threaten the existence of the NFL as there will be more pressure applied in terms of throwing more money at prone refs and league officials.  

Wasnt this in the original discussion?

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Wasnt this in the original discussion?

The "original" discussion in this thread is how healthy the Bills are at the moment.  That could all change in one game.  May not be the case next year or the year after or the year after that.  

25 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The "original" discussion in this thread is how healthy the Bills are at the moment.  That could all change in one game.  May not be the case next year or the year after or the year after that.  

I believe you missed my point. Wasn't the original discussion when they expanded the season and removed a preseason game to include a second week off? 

RochesterRob
11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I believe you missed my point. Wasn't the original discussion when they expanded the season and removed a preseason game to include a second week off? 

OK, now I see what you are saying.  To me apple and oranges.  Preseason game means light contact and minimal field time versus going full bore for a majority of the game during regular season.  Certainly no second week off during the season thus far.  

• Like 1