Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Are white Americans facing Discrimination

Figster

Same as with any "designated group"

Some definitely are, most aren't.

Some minorities are, most aren't

Out in America, race is not the be all and end all problem that the Left and the media say.

Of course there are still episodes of racism, but it slowly but surely is being driven out.

My two cents.

• Like 6

Crap Throwing Clavin

I've been refused service at establishments on the claim that they're "blacks only," and seen job postings that have specified that only women and minorities will be considered.

So yeah, it happens.  But I suspect it's more an urban/regional phenomenon, and not nation-wide - what I've experienced as permissible in DC is probably much less so in, say, Cleveland or Tallahassee.  

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

CarpetCrawler

All the over-saturation of alleged racism and white supremacy only serves to further divide the races and drive a bigger wedge between people. Using it as a weapon is the only way Democrats have any hope in the '22 mid-term elections, so expect it to get worse before it gets better. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:49 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

All the over-saturation of racism and alleged white supremacy only serves to further divide the races and drive a bigger wedge between people. Using it as a weapon is the only way Democrats have any hope in the '22 mid-term elections, so expect it to get worse before it gets better. 

Myself personally, I've always backed our current president, always will, but for me this over-saturation of racism is having an adverse affect on me and how I may vote in the future. 

Thanks for the reply my friend. 

Edited by Figster
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, I've always backed our current president, always will, but for me this over-saturation of racism is having an adverse affect on me and how I may vote in the future. 

Thanks for the reply my friend. 

And who would that be?  The former vice president, or those that wind him up and turn him  loose each day?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

And who would that be?  The former vice president, or those that wind him up and turn him  loose each day?

Yup

I removed a post because I realized I'm expressing what the author of the article was referring to as Retributive racism. Continuing the cycle. The post felt out of character for me. Add to it a poster I have much respect for declined to reply. Lets just say I know what he was thinking. The article I posted is very informative. The author wise. Despite how I may feel personally I'll do my best to stop the cycle. Americans not working together. Or standing united in a time of hardship. Is one of the biggest problems our country faces in this day and age. In my humble opinion Keukasmallie.

Thanks for the reply.     

Edited by Figster
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Figster said:

Yup

I removed a post because I realized I'm expressing what the author of the article was referring to as Retributive racism. Continuing the cycle. The post felt out of character for me. Add to it a poster I have much respect for declined to reply. Lets just say I know what he was thinking. The article I posted is very informative. The author wise. Despite how I may feel personally I'll do my best to stop the cycle. Americans not working together. Or standing united in a time of hardship. Is one of the biggest problems our country faces in this day and age. In my humble opinion Keukasmallie.

Thanks for the reply.     

Americans are not nearly as divided as the MSM would have you think. They drive narratives in hopes of dividing us.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

47 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Americans are not nearly as divided as the MSM would have you think. They drive narratives in hopes of dividing us.

I'm not so sure my friend because the driven narratives are hitting home for many Americans. As hard as I try to put myself in another mans shoes its impossible for me to get a full understanding of how another ethnicity may feel. Myself personally, recent observations and discussion on this topic and article identified a part of me that was hidden away deep inside. I'll try harder now to make sure all the narratives do not weaken my resolve.

Thanks for the reply   

Edited by Figster

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Figster said:

I'm not so sure my friend because the driven narratives are hitting home for many Americans. As hard as I try to put myself in another mans shoes its impossible for me to get a full understanding of how another ethnicity may feel. Myself personally, recent observations and discussion on this topic and article identified a part of me that was hidden away deep inside. I'll try harder now to make sure all the narratives do not weaken my resolve.

Thanks for the reply   

If you go out in public and associate with people, you find we're really not as divided as the non-social "social media" makes us out to be.

Of course, our ability to go out in public and associate with people has been restricted the past two years...

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 11:09 AM, Foxx said:

The big divide is happening online and the divide is real.  Much like sports news, the internet provides way more information for the hardcore follower.  15 minutes here will get you better discussion and analysis than 24 hours watching ESPN.  Its the same, almost, with politics where you will find an ocean of "information" which goes way deeper than another flapping head panel show on network.   Unfortunately, a disturbingly large portion of the political "information" out there is propagated by veritable sociopaths who are intent to win some ridiculous culture war at any cost and foreign governments with the intent of sowing unrest. The algorithms and selective following in our tech make sure we get a steady dose of all the stories that turn us on. 

We don't have people sitting in Dealey Plaza waiting for JFK to reveal himself and declare Trump as president again because they watched too much Maddow or Hannity. That was born online. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I'd say that critical race theory is a subset of a nationwide, anti-white movement; and that this anti-white movement is very much top-down.

To what extent does this affect the average white American? Well, it depends. In some cases getting a government job or admission to a university can be harder if you're white. Critical race theory teaches people that white people are intrinsically bad due to being white. To the extent people buy into that, they're going to treat white people worse than non-whites. This means that whites are more likely to suffer racial discrimination at the hands of Leftists (whether white or non-white Leftists) than they are at the hands of those in the middle or on the right.

However, while I'm sure there are plenty of people on the Left who'd want to "give a chance" to a less qualified non-white candidate over a more qualified white candidate, I'm guessing that the vast majority of Leftists do not believe that being white in and of itself makes you evil. But if we assume that the Left will continue doing its best to instill CRT into people, that's subject to change. Ten years from now, I'm guessing there will be plenty of people on the Left who will believe that being white automatically makes you a bad person.