Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Waukesha, WI

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

CBS News’ David Begnaud is getting rightly torched for reporting that a child has become the sixth victim to die ‘in deadly Wisconsin parade crash’

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/23/cbs-news-david-begnaud-is-getting-rightly-torched-for-reporting-that-a-child-has-become-the-sixth-victim-to-die-in-deadly-wisconsin-parade-crash/

May Jackson Sparks rest in peace. We send our thoughts to the family, who’s child’s memory deserves far better than to be written off as a casualty of a “parade crash,” as CBS News’ David Begnaud has done:

Apparently “parade crash” is the wording that CBS News has decided to go with:

Do better, David Begnaud. Do better, CBS News.

The victims and their loved ones deserve better.

What, no one remembers CBS News referring to Charlottesville as a "protest crash?"

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Worst example yet.

Consistent with "the bullet flew out of the gun" reporting on the Rust shooting by Baldwin.  Where media-supported demographics are concerned, it's the objects that have agency, not the people.

On 11/22/2021 at 10:25 PM, snafu said:

Are you applying to head my Directorate of Public Music Performances?  Not a good start.

I remember seeing I think it was U of Miami, OH as the Bills halftime marching band (was I think, late 80s). They played a medley of Zappa songs including Valley Girl and Dancing Fool.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

I remember seeing I think it was U of Miami, OH as the Bills halftime marching band (was I think, late 80s). They played a medley of Zappa songs including Valley Girl and Dancing Fool.

Ohio U

Just now, Wacka said:

Pretty good for a >30 year memory. At least I had the right state.😀

It's weird that I still run into people who were at that game AND remember the half time band.

The band was great.  

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Massacre?  I think the official AP style guide requires it be referred to as the "Waukesha Oopsie."

Some people did some things. NBD.

DA says Waukesha massacre suspect's release on low bail was due to 'human error' by overloaded staffer

"That's a mistake. That's human error. It set in motion a chain of events that resulted in a tragedy," said Chisholm.

Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm revealed on Thursday that career criminal Darrell Brooks, the suspect arrested in connection with the Waukesha parade massacre last month, was released on a low cash bail due to "human error" by an overloaded, early-career assistant prosecutor is his office.

</snip>

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Ann said:

DA says Waukesha massacre suspect's release on low bail was due to 'human error' by overloaded staffer

"That's a mistake. That's human error. It set in motion a chain of events that resulted in a tragedy," said Chisholm.

Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm revealed on Thursday that career criminal Darrell Brooks, the suspect arrested in connection with the Waukesha parade massacre last month, was released on a low cash bail due to "human error" by an overloaded, early-career assistant prosecutor is his office.

</snip>

Nice, throw the mail clerk under the bus. Can't admit where the real failure lies. I would argue that it was not human error but rather systemic and bureaucratic error.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Nice, throw the mail clerk under the bus. Can't admit where the real failure lies. I would argue that it was not human error but rather systemic and bureaucratic error.

I don't think it was an "error" at all. 

• Like 4

On 11/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, Koko said:

The one thing that I don't understand about this entire situation is why the &#%$ would anyone hold a CHRISTMAS parade before Thanksgiving.

Easy, Easter was too far in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't hold your breath...

Chisholm firing sought with complaint; Evers to take it 'seriously'

Milwaukee County residents have officially asked Governor Tony Evers to fire District Attorney John Chisholm. Evers says he'll take the complaint seriously.

Wisconsin state law allows the governor to oust a district attorney for cause, but it requires a verified complaint filed by a taxpayer of the jurisdiction, which then starts a process. That document was handed over to the governor, asking Evers to remove Chisholm from office.

</snip>

Evers answered questions about the submission on Mon., Dec. 20. 

"We’ll take it seriously but no prognosis as to what decision will be made," said Evers.

Evers says it's too early to say if he'll oust Chisholm.

"It’s too early to answer the latter question, but clearly, we do now have a letter," said Evers. "We have to verify that yet and make sure it’s Milwaukee County people that have submitted it, but we’ll do an investigation. I’m sure we’ll be looking to have some help from both the office in Milwaukee, but also Attorney General Kaul."

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1