Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Saints Week 12: The Aftermath

Ann

25 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I wouldn't say that Stevenson did anything to stop McKenzie from getting another shot, and that is unfortunate.  

100% yes.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Also according to PFF during the beginning of the game during intros:

Tre White was the 52nd ranked PFF CB.  Not to typo…..52nd

New Orleans three foot two WR Dionte Something was the 2nd ranked WR in the NFL.

So despite their cashing in on their supposedly mathematical and analytical genius, you’ll pardon me if I ignore them for a while.

I suddenly have no respect for PFF

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Also according to PFF during the beginning of the game during intros:

Tre White was the 52nd ranked PFF CB.  Not a typo…..52nd

New Orleans three foot two WR Dionte Something was the 2nd ranked WR in the NFL.

So despite their cashing in on their supposedly mathematical and analytical genius, you’ll pardon me if I ignore them for a while.

It was more to post the stats than to advocate their rankings.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It was more to post the stats than to advocate their rankings.

Understood and I didn’t mean to be critical of you posting it.  It’s just they present themselves as definitive truth and Michaels will even plug Collinsworth occasionally during broadcasts.  Any system that produces a rank of 52 for White ought to be immediately re-evaluated by its writers, but instead they puff out their chests and double down.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I wouldn't say that Stevenson did anything to stop McKenzie from getting another shot, and that is unfortunate.  

Stevenson has a better chance of taking one to the house in my humble opinion Core Four. My hopes are it was enough to earn another start.

The Daboll game plan and Allens ability to execute more of a dink and dunk your way down the field philosophy is an absolute game changer for the Buffalo Bills IMO. Stevenson should IMO, become an even bigger part of the Bills O. Kids a big play maker, and like Breida adds more speed to the equation.

Four Score and four days later...

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2

DaBillsFanSince1973

don't want to really take anything away from the W but beating a depleted saints team doesn't change my confidence level too much and the colts loss still has a sting to it. seems this team has no trouble beating the non contenders. so far, kc is the only contender they have beaten and they now hold the same w/l record at 7-4.

it looks good to see them for now atop the division but if the pats beat the titans, they'll drop back to 2nd place. the titans losing to the texans last week and having to go in to gillette stadium may spell a loss for the mighty titans?

I will add something positive and that is buffalo is the only team in the afc to hold on to an undefeated division record so far to this point, 3-0.

it will come down to either sweeping or hopefully at least splitting with the pats to win the division as I can only hope they finish off the jets in week 17 for the sweep for the complete division sweep or 5-1?

the win did, for the time being, make the bills look much better in the playoff picture then before last nights game. so, we need to root for the titans and pray to the almighty football gods the bills can win in orchard park next monday night?

it hurts that last nights game they may of lost tre for what looks like the rest of the season, so they'll need the reserves to step up, big time in his stead.

popic.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

26 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

They had 3 or 4 yesterday they got away with, including a taunting foul that should have been called.

The officiating in the NFL sucks and it decides just about ever close game.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They had 3 or 4 yesterday they got away with, including a taunting foul that should have been called.

The officiating in the NFL sucks and it decides just about ever close game.

Jerry is bitching about it after yesterday's loss, so maybe now the NFL will listen.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Payton is arguably the second best coach in the NFL.  They're going to miss him a lot when he finally hangs them up.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

don't want to really take anything away from the W but beating a depleted saints team doesn't change my confidence level too much and the colts loss still has a sting to it. seems this team has no trouble beating the non contenders. so far, kc is the only contender they have beaten and they now hold the same w/l record at 7-4.

That seems to be the hallmark of McDermott teams - feast on .500ish and less teams, and struggle with contenders.  The Chiefs was a big win, but they were in a bit of a slump when we played them.  Looks like they've come out of that slump.  I'll take the W, none the less.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it will come down to either sweeping or hopefully at least splitting with the pats to win the division as I can only hope they finish off the jets in week 17 for the sweep for the complete division sweep or 5-1?

If we sweep the Pats and beat the Jets, the division is ours; easier said than done with Tre White out.  McD and Frazier are going to need to get much more creative/aggressive with the front 7 and put pressure on the QB which will make the DB's job easier.  I can't imagine they will win with coverage, alone.

Might as well root for the Titans since winning the division is the easiest route to the playoffs.  I don't think any potential tie breaker will work in our favor.

Beer__League__Hockey
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

He seems to do better against straight pressure vs. the stunts that JAX was running every single obv passing down.  That is somewhat a discipline problem; blocking air for 1 second is tough for a mauler.  He'll pick it up - if he has anything between his ears.

That being said, I wonder if he'll get rotated in this week.  The run game will be important, and he may be a better option vs Daryll Williams in the run game.  Spencer Brown is def starting.

• Like 1