Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Okay, technically Week 12 isn't over yet, until tonight's game ends.  So we can be nice.

But you understand that, after the whistle tonight, and given that the Bills and Patriots play next Monday night, we are absolutely required to give you nothing but massive amounts of shit for the next week, right?

Nothing personal, of course.  It's just that...

moral-imperative-real-genius.gif

Nothing personal.

I’ll just busy myself correct in some of the Myths.  Like Mac is a dink and dunk weak armed game manager.  

Well, he actually is a game manager but in the good way. When he to take shots downfield he’s really accurate. Lots of touch.

1 hour ago, Aloyouis said:

Hi folks!  

Patriots fan here.  Just looking for some interesting conversation.  Not a troll.

That said, I like Bill.

Hey, welcome!

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Nothing personal.

I’ll just busy myself correct in some of the Myths.  Like Mac is a dink and dunk weak armed game manager.  

Well, he actually is a game manager but in the good way. When he to take shots downfield he’s really accurate. Lots of touch.

Though I'm certain he's not up to Brady's level yet, I haven't watched a Pats game yet this season, so I'm going to withhold my judgement on his Patriots quarterbacking skills until I see him cheating in action next week...  

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

Actually, this has changed drastically over the last six weeks. I read over at my home board (patriots planet) some ridiculous stats about how much has changed over the winning streak. 

Welcome. This is a great Bills board. Not a ton of people, but a ton of the people here are smart foot ball people, unlike other boards where they continue to want to destroy the team and move it to any other state than NY because someone didn't draft Mahomes.

Your observation above is correct. If no one is watching, they assume Mac is still throwing the short underneath stuff, but he does a great job hitting deeper passes. Especially this past week, where he ate up the zone coverage. 

I don't have a lot of confidence in the team right now after losing to the Jags and getting prison-raped by the Colts. The Saints win was nothing special given we were playing their farm team, but it was good to get back into rhythm. Saints don't have a bad defense, just a bad offense that was fully depleted.

We'll learn a lot about both teams on Monday. Hopefully everyone for the Bills (short of Tre White) will be back on the field, and we desperately need Brown  back on the O line.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

That said, I like Bill.

I dunno. I personally associate Bill with rainbows and pink unicorns and pixie dust. At some point, Bill Belichick needs to stop acting like a giggling schoolgirl, and start showing the world his serious side.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

I didn't bring it up.  He said no one does.  I responded.  You know, message board thingy.  

Grogan is my favorite all-time Patriot.  Met him at a gas station I worked at when I was a kid.  

Fryor?  Not so much.  Domestic issues turned me off.

Tip?  A beast.

Lippett, also a good one.  

TC was very under rated.

I have a soft spot for Edelperson.

Did I read snow for next Monday?  I worry Mac has so little experience in the winter.  Could be a factor.  

Can you be less nice so it's easier to hate you please

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

Nothing personal.

I have the feeling that when all is said and done, Mac Jones will end up being the second-best draft pick of Bill Belichick's career.

• Like 1
  • Boo 1

9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Welcome. This is a great Bills board. Not a ton of people, but a ton of the people here are smart foot ball people, unlike other boards where they continue to want to destroy the team and move it to any other state than NY because someone didn't draft Mahomes.

Your observation above is correct. If no one is watching, they assume Mac is still throwing the short underneath stuff, but he does a great job hitting deeper passes. Especially this past week, where he ate up the zone coverage. 

I don't have a lot of confidence in the team right now after losing to the Jags and getting prison-raped by the Colts. The Saints win was nothing special given we were playing their farm team, but it was good to get back into rhythm. Saints don't have a bad defense, just a bad offense that was fully depleted.

We'll learn a lot about both teams on Monday. Hopefully everyone for the Bills (short of Tre White) will be back on the field, and we desperately need Brown  back on the O line.

The dink and dunk is still here if that is what the defense gives him (well, McDaniels the OC).  If the box gets crowded it seems like he will throw it over the LB's to pull the safeties up and then try to catch a safety flatfooted over their heads.  We will see how this plays out vs, the bills.  

I think they will try to run and eat clock and keep Josh off the field as much as possible.  Keep it boring and frustrating because fireworks probably doesn't end well for the Pats.

Edited by Aloyouis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I have the feeling that when all is said and done, Mac Jones will end up being the second-best draft pick of Bill Belichick's career.

There were quite a few of us that were praying for Mac to be there at 15 or for BB to move up.  We know the way things get run and the way BB likes to build teams.  The first phase was the best.  Run the ball, run it again and then beat you with a smart decision.  Felt like Mac was the best between the ears to do that the fastest.  Then they added Stevenson to help kill the clock.

And let's be real:  When Bill selected Brady 199 in 2000 they were completely guessing.  They had just signed Drew to the fattest contract ever and did not need a QB.  Hell, was Bill even still in the room?  LOL. 

The Mac choice was his for sure.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

But that smile!!

1600870280191.png

You would take him in heart beat.

My friends here in Detroit would give up a lung.. or more for 3 years of Bill on the sidelines of Ford Field.

18 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

The dink and dunk is still here if that is what the defense gives him (well, McDaniels the OC).  If the box gets crowded it seems like he will throw it over the LB's to pull the safeties up and then try to catch a safety flatfooted over their heads.  We will see how this plays out vs, the bills.  

I think they will try to run and eat clock and keep Josh off the field as much as possible.  Keep it boring and frustrating because fireworks probably doesn't end well for the Pats.

I gather that they have been opening more and more of the playbook to Mac as the season rolls on. 

It is possibly too early in his young career to anoint him the next golden child of the NFL but it does appear that he is not lost on the field of play. Shall be interesting to see how the defenses around the league catch up to what he does. Hopefully that somewhat begins this coming Monday.

Welcome aboard BTW.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I gather that they have been opening more and more of the playbook to Mac as the season rolls on. 

It is possibly too early in his young career to anoint him the next golden child of the NFL but it does appear that he is not lost on the field of play. Shall be interesting to see how the defenses around the league catch up to what he does. Hopefully that somewhat begins this coming Monday.

Welcome aboard BTW.

Thank you.  

You are correct.  Each week we see something new (to him) show up.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I have been frustrated with the slow roll out of the playbook as he seems to be able to process more and faster, but there is an element of showing less to to the future opponents as well I am sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devnull said:

How about haiku?

Boston fans on bandwagon

And Buck Felicheck

Bandwagon?

Maybe, but this has been one hell of long ass wagon ride.  My daughter was an infant for the first win and she is now a junior at Michigan State.  She has known only one coach for the Patriots.  

I lived through the 70's and 80's so I have perspective.  She has none.

Edited by Aloyouis

9 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I dunno. I personally associate Bill with rainbows and pink unicorns and pixie dust. At some point, Bill Belichick needs to stop acting like a giggling schoolgirl, and start showing the world his serious side.

• Like 1

Bandwagon?

Maybe, but this has been one hell of long ass wagon ride.  My daughter was an infant for the first win and she is now a junior at Michigan State.  She has known only one coach for the Patriots.  

I lived through the 70's and 80's so I have perspective.  She has none.

Your team has benefitted from stable ownership which seems to know when to delegate.  Our situation was what it was.  An older owner who as time went forward seemed to have declining football judgement coupled with less trust of those around him.  Now we have ownership that is prime in age and seems to be learning.  Hopefully, McDermott is the last stop for a while.  Honestly, would you prefer looking at Kraft or Kim Pegula every week during the season?  Terry got lucky!  Anyways, I can't speak for NY or Miami but a lopsided series such as it was with NE and Buffalo should be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

You would take him in heart beat.

My friends here in Detroit would give up a lung.. or more for 3 years of Bill on the sidelines of Ford Field.

That's a no. We have McClappy. What need have we for the Cheater? 

• Like 1