Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

38 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your team has benefitted from stable ownership which seems to know when to delegate.  Our situation was what it was.  An older owner who as time went forward seemed to have declining football judgement coupled with less trust of those around him.  Now we have ownership that is prime in age and seems to be learning.  Hopefully, McDermott is the last stop for a while.  Honestly, would you prefer looking at Kraft or Kim Pegula every week during the season?  Terry got lucky!  Anyways, I can't speak for NY or Miami but a lopsided series such as it was with NE and Buffalo should be a thing of the past.

Mr. Kraft...  Let's just say he has been a GREAT owner and not mention strip malls...

WRT BB, he is doing all right for a guy his age I would say.

iu-8.jpeg

Edited by Aloyouis

33 minutes ago, Ann said:

That's a no. We have McClappy. What need have we for the Cheater? 

The "cheater" stuff is for haters.  The NFL wanted to take the Pats down a few pegs so they tried.  And it didn't work, but they sure as hell tried.

You want privacy in your locker room in the playoffs?  Win home field advantage.  LOL.🤣

Or take your meetings in the shower with 5head.🤣

Just kidding.  That shit never happened. 

2 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Mr. Kraft...  Let's just say he has been a GREAT owner and not mention strip malls...

iu-8.jpeg

In all fairness, having spent the past 30 years living in CA, you can see BB's wife looks to have spent more time under a knife than under his arms.

That looks to be the signature Dr. Lahijani nose job and breast reduction. We all know Bill likes a little air taken out of his funbags. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

The "cheater" stuff is for haters.  The NFL wanted to take the Pats down a few pegs so they tried.  And it didn't work, but they sure as hell tried.

You want privacy in your locker room in the playoffs?  Win home field advantage.  LOL.🤣

Come on. It is pretty well known around the league that the Patriots cheat. Unless you somehow think all those players are lying or deluded? Was Mangini exposing what they were doing sour grapes or actual truth? They were even stripped a draft pick or two if memory serves me correctly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In all fairness, having spent the past 30 years living in CA, you can see BB's wife looks to have spent more time under a knife than under his arms.

That looks to be the signature Dr. Lahijani nose job and breast reduction. We all know Bill likes a little air taken out of his funbags. :classic_biggrin:

Not wife, girlfriend.  

"Air out of his fun bags" clever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's not nice to talk about bellyboy that way just because he carries a few extra pounds. I do wonder if he lost his manziere though...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Come on. It is pretty well known around the league that the Patriots cheat. Unless you somehow think all those players are lying or deluded? Was Mangini exposing what they were doing sour grapes or actual truth? They were even stripped a draft pick or two if memory serves me correctly.

I could spend all day debunking "the haterz guide to the Patriots are the cheaters!"

You have to try really hard to believe that shit and many do.

Do you know how air pressure works?  Not the "Bernoulli" keep a plane in the air kind of pressure. The kind inside of a football.

This is is just one: 

Now, understand that I don't for a flipping second think I will convince any of you anything.  I am simply showing you ONE.  

Edited by Aloyouis

22 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

iu-8.jpeg

I'd put Kraft down as both good and lucky.  He found a winning lottery ticket in Brady that others ignored.  I still think that BB without that luck is more like the coach we saw in him while with Cleveland.  Look at Shula.  He also "won" twice with Griese and Marino but when age caught up with Marino Shula became JAG.  Most coaches are doomed because they never had a true franchise QB to work with.   

18 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

This is why the Pats have been successful.  He was smart enough to build a good front office foundation around him.  That front office (BB is part of that) were smart enough to install good coordinators, implement dynamic schemes and acquire the right players who are smart and physical, and can adjust as the scheme adjusted based on the opponent.

For the past 20+ years the Bills haven't had that as proven by their results.  The Pegulas want to win, but do they have the right people around them now?  Not sure.  The losses we had this year were preventable largely with better coaching.

The Patriots absolutely did cheat and the NFL let them get away with it.  Thing is, they were good enough that they didn't need to cheat to win, but did anyway.

6 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

I could spend all day debunking "the haterz guide to the Patriots are the cheaters!"

You have to try really hard to believe that shit and many do.

Do you know how air pressure works?  Not the "Bernoulli" keep a plane in the air kind of pressure. The kind inside of a football.

This is is just one: 

Now, understand that I don't for a flipping second think I will convince any of you anything.  I am simply showing you ONE.  

I was more referring to spygate that Mangini exposed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'd put Kraft down as both good and lucky.  He found a winning lottery ticket in Brady that others ignored.  I still think that BB without that luck is more like the coach we saw in him while with Cleveland.  Look at Shula.  He also "won" twice with Griese and Marino but when age caught up with Marino Shula became JAG.  Most coaches are doomed because they never had a true franchise QB to work with.   

And this is really what we are waiting to see.  Some believe it was Brady and others believe it was Belichick.  I watched it with my own eyes and will tell you very confidently that it was both.

And now BB is trying to do it again with another young QB, tough D and brains.  

Once again, as it did in the first 3 SB wins, this formula goes against the current conventional thinking in that a team has to have the highly athletic QB that can extend plays and make the 65 yard across his body throws.  

I think BB prefers to have a QB that gets the situation diagnosed right at the line or makes the audible and have the play work as designed.  Too often those 65 yard bombs, thrown across the QB's body on a frozen rope at the chest of the now wide open receiver are......

...picked off.

BTW - of the 5 QB's taken in the first round can you guess which had the fastest 40 time?

20 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Shula didn't win anything with Marino.

Not anything that counts.

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I was more referring to spygate that Mangini exposed.

OK.  So what EXACTLY was it that the Patriots were penalized for doing?  What was the "cheating"?

Edited by Aloyouis
  • Doh! 1

51 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

The cheater stuff is for fans around the league who "saw" the Patriots cheat. My favorite part was when the NFL made everything disappear... because it isn't like they should keep tape, emails, interviews, etc.  

• Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Shula didn't win anything with Marino.

Not anything that counts.

Which is why I put the word won in quotation marks.  Shula did win in that he had Marino's services (from 1983 forward) for as long as he coached in Miami.  While Marino outlasted Shula in Miami he was not the same player from 1993 onward that he was during the 1980's.  As I said before many coaches were doomed from the point that they were hired because they never had a franchise QB to work with.  Look at your team in that Eason never achieved the performance that you expect with a first round draft pick.  Eason's lack of progress certainly had a hand in the departure of highly regarded Raymond Berry.  

Edited by RochesterRob

30 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

OK.  So what EXACTLY was it that the Patriots were penalized for doing?  What was the "cheating"?

Being you are a life long Pats fan, I suspect you know or maybe it is that fandom that has created a blind spot, I do not know which. That said, I'll play along here.

Back in '07, the Patriots were caught taping defensive signals, on the Jets sideline (lol @ the brazenness), during the game. The league confiscated the camera.

From the '07 rule book:

“No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.” 

Belichick was fined what at the time was, and still is the largest amount ever levied against a NFL head coach; 
$500,000.00 and the team lost their first round pick in the subsequent draft. 

End of story, right? Not so fast.

12 years later, during week 14 of the '19 season, they did the same shit again. This one was dubbed Spygate 2.0 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1277394412411260930

How many times have they done it and not gotten caught?

But I guess that stuff has been debunked, right? Once a cheat, always a cheat.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

The team was caught cheating by deflating balls and videotaping other team practices. That's not ME saying that. It's the NFL saying that.

Or perhaps you forgot when the Pats* had to pay a million dollar fine, lost a draft pick and put Brady on the bench with a four-game suspension. Did they NFL just do that to make people feel better?

It's like saying "Yes, Cuomo resigned because a bunch of women accused him of sexual harassment, but did anyone really see him do it?"

• Like 2