Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Suspect in custody after three people killed and multiple injured in shooting at Oxford High School in Michigan

Foxx

8 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

You'd think that instead of a text, this would be important enough to justify . . . an actual phone call? Or am I going out on a limb?

Teenagers don’t answer the phone. They see who’s calling before they need to pick up. They read texts. She should have texted a few times and then called. That usually gets them to pick up. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Teenagers don’t answer the phone. They see who’s calling before they need to pick up. They read texts. 

Adults do that too

A friend of mine was texting me about some problems he was having with his Raspberry Pi this morning.  Eventually he sent a text asking if we could talk on the phone.

When I called him, I said "talk on the phone, what is this? 1999"

• Haha 1

These people need to go to prison.

But the absurdity of school officials being so concerned about the kid, but then just returning him to the classroom because the parents told them to &#%$ off is pretty hard to reconcile.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 12/3/2021 at 6:19 PM, Chandemonium said:

It’s a truly terrible situation all around. I don’t want to rush to judgement without all the facts, but based on the information available it seems like a major failure on the part of the school as well as the parents, although I understand why the school personnel weren’t charged and the parents were.

Because parents are terrorists and school employees are heroes. Duhhhhh!