Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

Nouseforaname
Just now, Ann said:

Came down to the NE red zone defense vs the Bills red zone offense, and the NE defense won the battle.

Came down to a team that couldn't stop the run even with the other teams playbook.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ann said:

Came down to the NE red zone defense vs the Bills red zone offense, and the NE defense won the battle.

A lot of that comes down to physical play up front.  

I hope they make the play-offs, winning the division seems like a long shot right now. Home field honestly doesn't help this team anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

Oh well, cant win them all. 

Well, we lost 5.  Can't lose another game for the rest of the season, that includes in Foxboro.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
Just now, Ann said:

I hope they make the play-offs, winning the division seems like a long shot right now. Home field honestly doesn't help this team anyway.

They don't deserve to.  Every team that has a half decent run game has run them over.  

• Like 1

Missed FG cost us.  One huge run play.  Too late D adjustments.

But a little red zone o……just a little….wins that…..possibly going away.  I think if #19 were in there……

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meazza said:

Came down to a team that couldn't stop the run even with the other teams playbook.

The Bills have been chewed up on the run game before, and we knew they'd be chewed up tonight. And yet, NE only scored 14 points. If the Bills make that FG, well, it isn't 4/14 at the end, it is another FG try.

• Like 1

Just now, Ann said:

No, they just have to win out, including at Foxboro.  Of course it would help in NE loses a game, say to Miami.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Still very possible but a long shot sure.

1 minute ago, Ann said:

It’s not that much of a long shot really.  Beat NE, Atl, NYJ and Car and all that needs to happen is one additional NE loss.  Beat TB on top of that and we don’t even need an NE loss.  We are not the favorite but it is far from over.

• Like 2

The Game:

You aren't going to win if you keep blowing your opportunities:

>Bredia fumble

>Diggs TD drop (I know it was a tough chance)

>Josh missing Davis for TD in Q3 (tough to nitpick on Josh b/c he played a good game)

>Cluster&#%$ of play calling and execution on both 4Q red zone series.  On both drives they wasted first down in the red zone with impotent, straight ahead runs for no gain after they had been moving the ball crisply.  Why?!?  Total of those two drives = zero points.

The Team:

Even if they had squeaked out a win, they are just not good enough to be a serious title contender because:

1)They can not run the ball under any circumstances.  The line doesn't open holes.  This is compounded by the repeated attempts to do what you know will not work, and in the most critical situations (see above).

2)They can not stop the run.  NE opened up huge holes all game despite no passing threat.  NE will score 30+ with ease in Foxboro in a few weeks.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Ann said:

The Bills have been chewed up on the run game before, and we knew they'd be chewed up tonight. And yet, NE only scored 14 points. If the Bills make that FG, well, it isn't 4/14 at the end, it is another FG try.

If when or but.  They suck.  This team might not even make the playoffs.  Consider that they were supposed to win the AFC at the start of the season.

I'm not usually a pessimist.  This team sucks ass. 

Nouseforaname
Just now, Core Four said:

I can't blame Bass for the missed FG.  He was kicking into the wind, which pushed the ball right.

Even my mother knew that he would miss that kick.