Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

Just now, Foxx said:

Josh just plain missed that 4th down. Bease was streaking to the EZ and those are the passes he catches, repeatedly. Josh had time, I don't know what he was thinking there but he flat out missed it. 

He was thinking a defender was right in his face?

1 minute ago, Core Four said:

No, not this game.  They seemed prepared this game, they just got out-physicaled.  I was referring to Jax, Indy, and Pitt games.  The defense was near useless during the Tenn game.

Honestly, i could handle losing this game with crazy weather conditions. But, losing this one just makes the bs games against jax and pit *that* much worse (Indy was just a total abomination). Hell, even the foot slip in tennessee. Those close woulda, coulda, shoulda losses are exacerbated by this kinda crap.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Really? Right before that huge run, the announcer said that it's nearly impossible to execute a play when the other team knows with certainty what you would do. Ten seconds later, 64 yard run.  

They scored 14 points.  Yes there were plays and drives that were too long but our defense gave our offense enough opportunity to score 15 or more. If you were given the opportunity before the game to know that NE would score 14 and only 14 if you just said so, would you have taken that?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Josh just plain missed that 4th down. Bease was streaking to the EZ and those are the passes he catches, repeatedly. Josh had time, I don't know what he was thinking there but he flat out missed it. 

Bease has gone to the 4th option on this offense, for God  knows what reason. But, I’m of the strong opinion that this is a main reason that the offense struggles so often this year. 

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

It's hard to argue that the bills are more than mediocre at this point. We're 3-4 in our last seven games. The only halfway decent team we've beaten this year is Kansas City and that was when they were on a downstreak. Every other game that presented any kind of challenge has been a loss, and we even managed to lose to the &#%$ing Jags. This season is a huge disappointment.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Bease has gone to the 4th option on this offense, for God  knows what reason. But, I’m of the strong opinion that this is a main reason that the offense struggles so often this year. 

I also want to know why Gabe Davis is an afterthought. All the guy does is get open and catch balls.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I don't know if NE won that battle. I'm of the mind we handed it to them.

The 4Q red zone offense is the part that will haunt this game. 

-Basically forfeiting first down on both drives by stupidly running straight into a DL that was dominating us.

-Penalties

-No creative play calls.   Misdirection?  Josh roll out?  Quick slant?  Anything that doesn't play directly into the hands of their pass rush?

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

He was thinking a defender was right in his face?

They showed it from behind on replay, no. I mean, maybe I missed it but I didn't see that.

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

They scored 14 points.  Yes there were plays and drives that were too long but our defense gave our offense enough opportunity to score 15 or more. If you were given the opportunity before the game to know that NE would score 14 and only 14 if you just said so, would you have taken that?

They scored 14 points and threw the ball 3 times with 2 completions 😂😂😂

Listen if you think the bills didn’t play so bad and the future is ours, go right ahead.  Personally that was not a playoff team and at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if we shit the bed the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

You were playing a team that you knew was going to run every play and couldn't stop it 

The offense was bad yes. But show any physicality to them, it goes badly

So how many points allowed would have been reasonable?  13?  10?  3? 0?

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Gave up 14 points.  One big play.  The defense was not perfect but this is 90% on the O, 3% on Bass, 7% on the D.

I see it this way, too.

NE averaged just over 3 yards per carry if you take out the one 70 yard run. Our defense gave up two field goals and a big run.

The offense can’t run the ball and it kills everything else they want to do.  This was the best running I saw all season and it wasn’t nearly good enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

I also want to know why Gabe Davis is an afterthought. All the guy does is get open and catch balls.

Talk to Daboll and let us know what he says.  Seems Daboll is too busy enjoying his new toy in Manny Sanders.  I agree with you, the more Davis is involved, the better as he is a more versatile WR than Sanders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I agree completely. Sanders is nice and all but I believe he has wrecked the chemistry. We caught lightning in a bottle last year...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robs House said:

It's hard to argue that the bills are more than mediocre at this point. We're 3-4 in our last seven games. The only halfway decent team we've beaten this year is Kansas City and that was when they were on a downstreak. Every other game that presented any kind of challenge has been a loss, and we even managed to lose to the &#%$ing Jags. This season is a huge disappointment.

…so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

They showed it from behind on replay, no. I mean, maybe I missed it but I didn't see that.

Same problem as usual, the OLine can't block.  That is a big reason for the RZ issues, among others.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The 4Q red zone offense is the part that will haunt this game. 

-Basically forfeiting first down on both drives by stupidly running straight into a DL that was dominating us.

-Penalties

-No creative play calls.   Misdirection?  Josh roll out?  Quick slant?  Anything that doesn't play directly into the hands of their pass rush?

When we played with a sense or urgency, they couldn't stop us until we started shooting ourselves in the foot. What is the story here? Do we need to run a tempo early on, like the first drive of the game, to get the boys in a groove or what?

• Like 1