Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

You hear announcers who used to be quarterbacks say, with some frequency, that when you need a play, you choose a matchup. A player.

I think that throw was predetermined.

Like the third down play to Knox, that completely omitted a streaking Diggs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think the oline is an issue but I also think the play calling gets a bit wonky.

Yes and our Division III running backs need to be replaced.  I'm saying they are DIII caliber right now.  Moss is too small for his running style and Singletary isn't athletic enough for his size either.  Super nice guys both of them I'm sure but not championship caliber IMO. 

We got to see a lot of Patriot running play replays tonight.  Their line and their fullback executed and overpowered the Bills D on enough plays to make a difference. Their backs are bigger/stronger/faster.

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 3

Just now, Ninety-4 said:

Yes and our Division III running backs need to be replaced.  I'm saying they are DIII caliber right now.  Moss is too small for his running style and Singletary isn't athletic enough for his size either.  Super nice guys both of them I'm sure but not championship caliber IMO. 

We got to see a lot of Patriot running play replays tonight.  Their line and their fullback executed and overpowered the Bills D on enough plays to make a difference. 

That's what makes good running teams good - their line.  I suspect if we add a C, LG, and possibly LT, the line would be much better which would make the RBs much better.  I don't think Derrick Henry would run well behind our current OLine.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, Ninety-4 said:

Now that pass interference non-call in the end zone late is a head scratcher.  Defender deflected ball but not until after mugging Knox.

It was egregious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Core Four said:

Agree.  Daboll outsmarts himself all too often.  That and the OLine kills us.  I believe Daboll will be gone after this season.

19 deserve his benching for ST brain farts IMO but he is a unique component on O that would have been useful on O tonight.

The way I see the rest of the regular season is:

TB highly likely loss.  This is where missing 27 kills us.  We may score some points or it could get out of hand early but I don’t think the D will hang for 60.

Car, Atl, NYJ….wins.

at NE is obviously the big one.  I do think NE will lose to Indy or Mia and both is not out of the realm of possibility.  Even with one, that means the game is for the division even with a TB loss.  I think we’ll do more on O in that game but without RZ execution it won’t matter.  I also think NE will score more, although not an overwhelming amount.  Mixing in dink and dunk gets them 21-27.  We need 28.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Core Four said:

That's what makes good running teams good - their line.  I suspect if we add a C, LG, and possibly LT, the line would be much better which would make the RBs much better.  I don't think Derrick Henry would run well behind our current OLine.

He'd do much better, but he's not available.  They have to get bigger and stronger at that position IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

He'd do much better, but he's not available.  They have to get bigger and stronger at that position IMO. 

Boo boo foot?

36 minutes ago, Meazza said:

They scored 14 points and threw the ball 3 times with 2 completions 😂😂😂

Listen if you think the bills didn’t play so bad and the future is ours, go right ahead.  Personally that was not a playoff team and at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if we shit the bed the rest of the season.

they are not a good team, but not because of the defense. 

this is entirely on the offense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Moss and Singletary are very similar backs.  I don't understand Beane drafting Moss when he already had a comparable back in Singletary.  A back like Jonathan Taylor or Derrick Henry would definitely help.

• Haha 1

Moss and Singletary are very similar backs.  I don't understand Beane drafting Moss when he already had a comparable back in Singletary.  A back like Jonathan Taylor or Derrick Henry would definitely help.

yes. A back like the two best backs in the NFL would help. Hard to argue that. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dubs said:

they are not a good team, but not because of the defense. 

this is entirely on the offense. 

I wouldn't give the defense a pass.  They can't stop the run and get off the field, which is a recurring issue.

I wouldn't give the defense a pass.  They can't stop the run and get off the field, which is a recurring issue.

I disagree. It’s not great, but they are good enough. They gave up one bad play today. One. Outside of that the run defense was actually pretty good. 3.5/carry. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I wouldn't say they're similar at all.  Moss much more N-S sometimes 1 cut "power" runner.  Singletary quicker and more elusive.  Problem is, not a lot of power or elusiveness among them. 

Yes O-line doesn't provide much space for either of them. 

Edited by Ninety-4

1 minute ago, Dubs said:

I disagree. It’s not great, but they are good enough. They gave up one bad play today. One. Outside of that the run defense was actually pretty good. 3.5/carry. 

Put it this way, if Edmunds is in position to make the tackle in the 1st quarter, we could be celebrating a win.  Instead, he pulls himself out of position while biting on the play fake.  Star, while we're better with him than without, needs to be upgraded, too.  He is depth on NE, Indy, Pitt, Tenn, etc, if he even makes the team; he's not the "space eater" that some Bills fans think he is.  The offense is certainly a problem, but the defense couldn't get off the field.

In the prehistoric days of the internet when I was part of one of the first Bills fan sites, I wrote a post game piece marveling at HOF caliber coaches who didn't do their homework on Rich Stadium and allowed the Bills to go eastward in the 4th quarter.  These gafs usually meant the difference in close games after October.

I'm still astounded that in his 5th year, McDermott still hasn't figured out what a 10 year old growing up in Buffalo instinctively knows. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

I wouldn't say they're similar at all.  Moss much more N-S sometimes 1 cut "power" runner.  Singletary quicker and more elusive.  Problem is, not a lot of power or elusiveness among them. 

Yes O-line doesn't provide much space for either of them. 

Very similar build.  For a N-S power runner, Moss needs to be bigger.  That is what I meant, but didn't really say it, when I said a back like Henry or Taylor would help...bigger and stronger, a back more comparable to them.