Jump to content

Domed Stadium


Big Gun
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Big Gun said:

FYI, I think the Bills win for fun last night if they played in a dome. This home field advantage weather crap is such a fallacy it's comical! 

 

I think they would have gotten crushed in a dome last night.  The weather made the Pats a one-dimensional offense.  Had the Bills had to defend the run and the pass, they would been blown out by the end of the first half.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

 

I think they would have gotten crushed in a dome last night.  The weather made the Pats a one-dimensional offense.  Had the Bills had to defend the run and the pass, they would been blown out by the end of the first half.

Disagree, they took the ball out of Jones hands, he's no Tom Brady. BB wouldn't have run as much which is our D weakness therefor our D would have created problem for a rookie QB. Also think Allen would have thrown the ball all over the place, like, 300+ and 3 TDs.

Edited by Big Gun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

 

I think they would have gotten crushed in a dome last night.  The weather made the Pats a one-dimensional offense.  Had the Bills had to defend the run and the pass, they would been blown out by the end of the first half.

 

This is spot on.  There is no way we defend against the pass and run.  The game would have been 41-10 if weather was not a factor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Disagree, they took the ball out of Jones hands, he's no Tom Brady. BB wouldn't have run as much which is our D weakness therefor our D would have created problem for a rookie QB. Also think Allen would have thrown the ball all over the place, like, 300+ and 3 TDs.

 

Belichick wouldn't have run as much...but he still would have run a lot (as will everyone after the Colts game), and the Bills wouldn't have been able to play the run by stacking 9-10 in the box all night.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

 

Belichick wouldn't have run as much...but he still would have run a lot (as will everyone after the Colts game), and the Bills wouldn't have been able to play the run by stacking 9-10 in the box all night.

 

 

Sad thing is, even with 8-10 in the box at any given time, they still gave up 222 yards rushing to the Pats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Core Four said:

 

Sad thing is, even with 8-10 in the box at any given time, they still gave up 222 yards rushing to the Pats.

 

On 46 attempts, one of which was a 64 yard run.  

 

And that highlights the real issue: lack of consistency.  Giving up 200+  yards on 46 attempts, with only three passes to defend, wouldn't be nearly as bad if 100+ of those yards didn't come on long runs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Core Four said:

 

Sad thing is, even with 8-10 in the box at any given time, they still gave up 222 yards rushing to the Pats.

3.9 ypg taking away one 65 yard run, so no I still disagree with your premise that Buffalo would have been crushed if they played in a dome. I believe the Bills score 30+ points last night whereas I think NE only get in the 20 had the game been climate controlled. Josh still moved the ball last nigh in spite of the weather.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Gun said:

3.9 ypg taking away one 65 yard run, so no I still disagree with your premise that Buffalo would have been crushed if they played in a dome. I believe the Bills score 30+ points last night whereas I think NE only get in the 20 had the game been climate controlled. Josh still moved the ball last nigh in spite of the weather.

 

NE still ripped a 65 yard TD run and you can pretend to take that away all you want.  Edmunds wasn't covering the 'A' gap behind the LOS.  A dome wouldn't have changed that.

 

The weather made NE a 1 dimensional team.  A dome would have allowed them to pass, also.  We would have had to defend the run and pass.  They would have beat us bad.  

 

How would we have scored 30+ points behind our OLine and NE's very good DLine?  A dome wouldn't have helped.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Gun said:

I believe the Bills score 30+ points last night whereas I think NE only get in the 20 had the game been climate controlled. Josh still moved the ball last nigh in spite of the weather.

 

What's that belief based on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

 

NE still ripped a 65 yard TD run and you can pretend to take that away all you want.  Edmunds wasn't covering the 'A' gap behind the LOS.  A dome wouldn't have changed that.

 

The weather made NE a 1 dimensional team.  A dome would have allowed them to pass, also.  We would have had to defend the run and pass.  They would have beat us bad.  

 

How would we have scored 30+ points behind our OLine and NE's very good DLine?  A dome wouldn't have helped.

Nah, less runs and more passes from a rookie QB equals more chance for errors by Pats, no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

IDK, a missed FG and in the red zone, what 3 other times, maybe.

 

So it's based on four specific plays and not the overall ebb and flow of the game overall?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Nah, less runs and more passes from a rookie QB equals more chance for errors by Pats, no.

 

They would have opted for a lot of short passes, which we're susceptible to, and MJ executes well even for a rookie.  Additionally, they would have had better footing in their run game.  A dome would have taken out the weather neutralizer and allowed McDaniels to make them a multi dimensional offense, as I pointed out earlier.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah. Weather factor was big in the late 80’s early 90’s. It’s still a factor now. We just had an offensive coordinator who couldn’t pull his face out of the coaches box menu long enough to figure out what to do to win the game. Wind or not; we could have won by playing to our strengths.

 

Pats fan this morning as soon as he arrived at work “What the &#%$ happened? You guys should have clobbered us. You got out coached.”

 

Yeah we did.

 

 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Nah. Weather factor was big in the late 80’s early 90’s. It’s still a factor now. We just had an offensive coordinator who couldn’t pull his face out of the coaches box menu long enough to figure out what to do to win the game. Wind or not; we could have won by playing to our strengths.

 

Pats fan this morning as soon as he arrived at work “What the &#%$ happened? You guys should have clobbered us. You got out coached.”

 

Yeah we did.

 

 


I don’t believe you. There’s no such thing as a Pats fan. Just opportunists who act like fans when it’s convenient. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Dubs said:


I don’t believe you. There’s no such thing as a Pats fan. Just opportunists who act like fans when it’s convenient. 

Well; to be fair, he is from Boston originally and is 60 or so years old. Patriots history buff. He’s not a Red Sox fan though. He’s a Reds fan. Never asked him about that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously, a dome would have helped both offenses. But, which offense would it have helped more?

 

Suppose the weather is so bad neither team attempts any passes at all. That’s going to give an advantage to whichever team is better at running the ball, which in this case is the Patriots. 
 

Now imagine that both teams become so pass happy that neither of them runs the ball. If for some inexplicable reason such a situation arose it would benefit whichever offense is better at passing. In 2021 Mac Jones has the highest percent of catchable passes, making him one of the game’s best short passing QBs. On the other hand Allen is one of the game’s best intermediate to deep passing QBs, and he has athleticism Jones lacks. If you’re going deep you want to give the WRs more time to get open, which means you need better pass protection than what the Bills’ OL can provide. Give the Bills an above-average OL, and I’d say they’d have a better passing game than the Patriots for sure! With the OL the Bills actually have . . . it’s not clear to me which team’s passing game is better.

 

However I will say this. The WRs and Knox had a lot of drops. Put a dome up and now there’s no wind. You’re dealing with a dry football instead of a wet, frozen football. It’s likely a lot of those drops become catches, and that changes the complexion of the entire game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines