Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Tampa: Week 14 Game Week Thread

Ann

7 minutes ago, LB3 said:

@Ann is out here trying to move everyone's attention away from last night.

That is exactly what I said to my husband about the Bills PR staff! 

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino

This weekend is set up to be the perfect palate cleanser. Smashing Brady's face and hanging an L on the defending Champs is the kind of tonic this team, and fan base, needs right now. The pre-game ball washing will be unbearable. Especially coming on the backs of last week, but if the end result is a dub, then all will be forgotten. 

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This weekend is set up to be the perfect palate cleanser. Smashing Brady's face and hanging an L on the defending Champs is the kind of tonic this team, and fan base, needs right now. The pre-game ball washing will be unbearable. Especially coming on the backs of last week, but if the end result is a dub, then all will be forgotten. 

Are you new?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Too late.  The Bills gave up and shit the bed last night....there is no coming back from that pathetic performance last night.  I thought Jacksonville was the lowlight of the year.  Nope...it was McD and company saying "no mas" to Bill B and company.  You couldn't stop a shit NE running game...good luck with a QB with a decent running game and a world class play action game...plus, you know, Tom Brady.  &#%$ McD...either man the &#%$ up or go to the NFC West. 

53 minutes ago, Krichek said:

Too late.  The Bills gave up and shit the bed last night....there is no coming back from that pathetic performance last night.  I thought Jacksonville was the lowlight of the year.  Nope...it was McD and company saying "no mas" to Bill B and company.  You couldn't stop a shit NE running game...good luck with a QB with a decent running game and a world class play action game...plus, you know, Tom Brady.  &#%$ McD...either man the &#%$ up or go to the NFC West. 

Come on tell us how you really feel.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Come on tell us how you really feel.

Dude....40 years. I was there for Joe Ferguson as a kid...Kelly, Reid, Thomas, Bruce Smith, Kelso, Conlan, etc.  I remember going from Athens PA to Buffalo in my jersey in 1979...loved Buffalo, hated, absolutely hated, Pissburgh and Philadelphia in 1979 (earliest memory).  I just can't take it any more.  I hope and love and pray that Buffalo does better, then they play games like against Jacksonville a few weeks ago, and NE...&#%$ing hated NE, last night.  No excuses....they sucked ass last night.  Flat, uninspired, give us our paycheck and let us leave, coach uninspired.  &#%$ them. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Krichek said:

Dude....40 years. I was there for Joe Ferguson as a kid...Kelly, Reid, Thomas, Bruce Smith, Kelso, Conlan, etc.  I remember going from Athens PA to Buffalo in my jersey in 1979...loved Buffalo, hated, absolutely hated, Pissburgh and Philadelphia in 1979 (earliest memory).  I just can't take it any more.  I hope and love and pray that Buffalo does better, then they play games like against Jacksonville a few weeks ago, and NE...&#%$ing hated NE, last night.  No excuses....they sucked ass last night.  Flat, uninspired, give us our paycheck and let us leave, coach uninspired.  &#%$ them. 

I've been around just as long and I now have hope. I didn't have hope for 17 years (more like 20). Maybe it was unrealistic expectations this year - we will know at the end of the season. But at the moment? I think the future is bright.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

I've been around just as long and I now have hope. I didn't have hope for 17 years (more like 20). Maybe it was unrealistic expectations this year - we will know at the end of the season. But at the moment? I think the future is bright.

How is it unrealistic expectations when they reached the AFC championship game last year????  I was ok with last year, they exceeded expectations.  This year, the expectation was that the Bills would move ahead.  Instead, they have demonstrably REGRESSED.  That is either coaching, or front office miscues.  Either way, the Buffalo BIlls are a profound disappointment this year.  Ms. Ann, this is NO personal attack on you.  After last year's conference championship, it was either move up to the Super Bowl or backslide to normalcy. The Bills and McD chose normalcy.  Fact.  Lifelong Bills fan here, I'm just heartbroken over the lack of heart in the Bills today.  I just want my "mid-market" (if that) team to finally exorcise some demons. 

1 hour ago, Krichek said:

I wouldn't go that far, they are pretty good at running the ball, probably due to the fact that they have a really good OLine.

I believe McD and Beane built this team to play KC; pass and stop the pass.  You need to be able to do that, but you also have to run and stop the run, which was overlooked to their detriment as shown by Pitt, Tenn, Indy, Jax, and now NE.  McD harps about being physical, but the results show otherwise.  There seems to be a disconnect between McD and his staff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krichek said:

How is it unrealistic expectations when they reached the AFC championship game last year????  I was ok with last year, they exceeded expectations.  This year, the expectation was that the Bills would move ahead.  Instead, they have demonstrably REGRESSED.  That is either coaching, or front office miscues.  Either way, the Buffalo BIlls are a profound disappointment this year.  Ms. Ann, this is NO personal attack on you.  After last year's conference championship, it was either move up to the Super Bowl or backslide to normalcy. The Bills and McD chose normalcy.  Fact.  Lifelong Bills fan here, I'm just heartbroken over the lack of heart in the Bills today.  I just want my "mid-market" (if that) team to finally exorcise some demons. 

Oh, I am not saying I am not disappointed or that I don't think they should have done better. I am simply saying that the future is bright even after how disappointing the year has been to-date.

Is it the o-line? The play calling? The personnel? Was last year an overachievement that set up unrealistic expectations from the year? Are the Bills underachieving this year? Did they simply read their own press and the other teams caught up to them? It is just bad breaks, or are there really not that good?

More questions than answers at this point, but it reminds me of 1989 more than anything.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Krichek said:

I am crushed after last night, crushed. I come from the same days as you. As faint as the memories are,  I remember watching the Electric Company pave the way for the Juice. 

I remember losing 20 straight to the Dolphins. I also remember when we broke that streak and those goal post came down. I remember that we owned them through the '80's and '90's when it counted. 

I know I can not choose my fandom. Many times I will watch a game curious to find out who I am rooting for because I consciously do not know. What I do know though is that I will forever be a Bills Fan because that is who I am. I suspect you might be too.

Go Bills!

:whitebillsflag:

This TB game is not really that important based on where the Bills sit right now.  Psychologically maybe, but statistically it’s a meh.  

The path to the division is only marginally helped by a win or harmed by a loss.  WC status would be helped by a win for sure but I don’t think even 10-7 gets us bounced.

Personally I think it’s a terrible matchup at a terrible time.  27’s absence here is killer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This TB game is not really that important based on where the Bills sit right now.  Psychologically maybe, but statistically it’s a meh.  

The path to the division is only marginally helped by a win or harmed by a loss.  WC status would be helped by a win for sure but I don’t think even 10-7 gets us bounced.

Personally I think it’s a terrible matchup at a terrible time.  27’s absence here is killer.

I think this week gives the Bills offense the ability to stretch things out. TBs secondary isn’t good. I think it is going to be a high scoring game. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

More questions than answers at this point, but it reminds me of 1989 more than anything.

Very good comparison, especially coming on the heels of a surprisingly good '88 season.  Fittingly that they lost a close mistake-riddled game to the Pats in a late November bad-weather game.

Again, reverse any one of the Bills' players errors on Monday and it's likely a different outcome.

To me, the biggest difference is that Allen is not making the same right decisions he did last year to drive comebacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Very good comparison, especially coming on the heels of a surprisingly good '88 season.  Fittingly that they lost a close mistake-riddled game to the Pats in a late November bad-weather game.

Again, reverse any one of the Bills' players errors on Monday and it's likely a different outcome.

To me, the biggest difference is that Allen is not making the same right decisions he did last year to drive comebacks.

This is true. I think it probably has to do with his trust in the OL.

• Like 2