Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Tampa: Week 14 Game Week Thread

Ann

21 hours ago, Core Four said:

Right now, we're better with him than without.  The 1TDT position needs to be upgraded and Star released.

Well, he’s out this week. Which should bode well vs Fournette. 

20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Well, he’s out this week. Which should bode well vs Fournette. 

Yeah, not good.  McD and Frazier have shown to be clueless on how to stop Brady.  Couple that with a physical runner in Fournette and the Bills get stomped this game.

38 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Yeah, not good.  McD and Frazier have shown to be clueless on how to stop Brady.  Couple that with a physical runner in Fournette and the Bills get stomped this game.

I'm not sure how much McD participates in the game planning on O and D or real time adjustments during the game. Myself personally, both sides of the ball need his help IMO. One of my biggest concerns is both Allen and Daboll are calling plays. Josh Allen needs to stay more on script and McD needs to help write the script IMO. One of Allens biggest parts of his game he needs to correct is negative plays/ sacks when Buffalo is in scoring position IMO. Bills have a very good FG kicker that can win close football games.

I'm not expecting the Bills to get stomped. The Buffalo Bills will approach this game like its the Superbowl IMO. 

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I'm not sure how much McD participates in the game planning on O and D or real time adjustments during the game. Myself personally, both sides of the ball need his help IMO. One of my biggest concerns is both Allen and Daboll are calling plays. Josh Allen needs to stay more on script and McD needs to help write the script IMO. One of Allens biggest parts of his game he needs to correct is negative plays/ sacks when Buffalo is in scoring position IMO. Bills have a very good FG kicker that can win close football games.

I'm not expecting the Bills to get stomped. The Buffalo Bills will approach this game like its the Superbowl IMO. 

I think McD does participate in O and D game planning sessions.  He would be derelict, i.e. Rex Ryan, not to.  I believe he does provide some input, but the plans are architected by the coordinators.

I do not think Allen calls the plays; audible, yes, but he doesn't call the plays....I believe that is Daboll.  This year Allen has no time to progress through his reads, he is usually running for his life.  I don't think it is fair to say that Allen should stay on script; I'm sure he's trying to.  To your other point, yes, Allen needs to learn to look for check-downs or throw the ball away if nothing is there.

You're more optimistic than me regarding the Tampa game.  I don't see how the Bills win this.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Core Four said:

Certainly has me feeling pessimistically optimistic about my 45-3 prediction.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Certainly has me feeling pessimistically optimistic about my 45-3 prediction.

You're a beacon of hope compared to me. 77-0 Bucs

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Star is out again?   Ugh....please tell me they can get rid of him this offseason.

They can, but would only be saving a $4.2M difference between his 2022 cap hit of $9.35M and his dead cap of $5.1M.  Star will probably be here next year, but not the year after.  In 2023, Star has an almost $9M cap hit and $0 dead cap.  The salary cut and covid exemption extended him another year.  I believe he is largely just skating by and collecting a check.

Star is a bad signing done when they desperately needed someone at 1TDT, though we're still in that same position.  To make things worse, he was overpaid when acquired in 2018, which I believe as a FA was projected at $4M AAV.  Check this out: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/star-lotulelei-12294/cash-earnings/

Taken as a whole, Bean's FA acquisitions leave a lot to be desired and Star is just one example of that.  His pro personnel and contracts depts are not very good.

14 minutes ago, Core Four said:

They can, but would only be saving a $4.2M difference between his 2022 cap hit of $9.35M and his dead cap of $5.1M.  Star will probably be here next year, but not the year after.  In 2023, Star has an almost $9M cap hit and $0 dead cap.  The salary cut and covid exemption extended him another year.  I believe he is largely just skating by and collecting a check.

Star is a bad signing done when they desperately needed someone at 1TDT, though we're still in that same position.  To make things worse, he was overpaid when acquired in 2018, which I believe as a FA was projected at $4M AAV.  Check this out: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/star-lotulelei-12294/cash-earnings/

Taken as a whole, Bean's FA acquisitions leave a lot to be desired and Star is just one example of that.  His pro personnel and contracts depts are not very good.

This fact hit me very hard watching NE's DL dominate the Bills thanks primarily to the two FAs they signed last offseason.