Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Tampa: Week 14 Game Week Thread

Ann

CarpetCrawler
17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My favorite part of that article is reading that the Jets revived Aaron Maybin's career.  

He should have been a DNR

• Haha 2

Why sit Moss and Basham?  If you're sitting those guys and don't have confidence in them, you have drafting issues.  They drafted Basham in rd 2 this year and Moss rd 3 in 2020.  Those guys should be playing, neither have shown they're that bad.  If anyone should be a scratch, it is Addison who is probably gone after this year.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Why sit Moss and Basham?  If you're sitting those guys and don't have confidence in them, you have drafting issues.  They drafted Basham in rd 2 this year and Moss rd 3 in 2020.  Those guys should be playing, neither have shown they're that bad.  If anyone should be a scratch, it is Addison who is probably gone after this year.

Moss, they only go with 2 RBs usually, so it's either him, Breida, or Singletary.  Either of the other two, your logic likewise applies: if you don't have confidence in your 2019 2nd round pick or 2021 FA pickup, why did you get them?

Basham...the DL depth being what it is, you have to bench someone.  I don't think it's "lack of confidence" so much as this coaching staff trying to micro-optimize the lineup every game by tailoring the game-day DL actives to what they think is optimal for expected game situations.  So they choose...Obada, maybe, over Basham this week, because they expect to have to put pressure on Brady.

Or some such logic.  I'd put a large sum of money on them trying some sort of weekly "optimization" nonsense, though.  Which I hate - don't try to tailor your roster every week to create favorable matchups, just put your best players out there, and try to scheme favorable matchups.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Moss, they only go with 2 RBs usually, so it's either him, Breida, or Singletary.  Either of the other two, your logic likewise applies: if you don't have confidence in your 2019 2nd round pick or 2021 FA pickup, why did you get them?

This makes sense.  It's looking more like they did not need to draft Moss.

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Basham...the DL depth being what it is, you have to bench someone.  I don't think it's "lack of confidence" so much as this coaching staff trying to micro-optimize the lineup every game by tailoring the game-day DL actives to what they think is optimal for expected game situations.  So they choose...Obada, maybe, over Basham this week, because they expect to have to put pressure on Brady.

Their DL strategy is just dumb, and wasteful.  McD and Frazier have done a horrible job with it.  Obada and Basham have played in 6 and 5 games respectively, and have similar stats, 1.5 sacks and 0 FF.  In 12 games played, Addison has 4 sacks and 1 FF.  I really don't see the attraction to Addison other than he's "their guy" and an ex-Panther, though probably won't be on the team next year.  I don't see Addison as offering any advantage over Basham, who is the future at Edge.  The way to put pressure on Brady is up the middle and being aggressive with rushing four.  Frazier doesn't subscribe to that pass rush technique, though.

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Or some such logic.  I'd put a large sum of money on them trying some sort of weekly "optimization" nonsense, though.  Which I hate - don't try to tailor your roster every week to create favorable matchups, just put your best players out there, and try to scheme favorable matchups.

Well said.  Agree, this is why their rotation scheme is counter productive.

So can we call this a season, they should probably throw these last 5 games to get a better draft pick. The only thing that can be good coming out of this season is that they replace the entire coaching staff. They are terrible.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

So they choose...Obada, maybe, over Basham this week, because they expect to have him juked out by to put pressure on Brady.

Couldn't resist, truth hurts sometimes.
edit:
If you were watching Jeff Healy at that time it was eerily similar.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha 1