Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Leslie Frazier Connected to Bears HC Job(?)

Foxx

Frazier - Keep him or Let Him Go?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Let Leslie Frazier Go If He Gets a Job Offer from the Chicago Bears?

• Yes- Good Riddance
    • No - He is under Appreciated
    • It's Time to Move On
    • We Will Regret Losing Him
    • Undecided
    • It's All Tyler Bass and his Stupid Eye Black's Fault

I know Frazier is not the most popular guy around here these days.  

NFL rumors: Buffalo Bills’ Leslie Frazier has ‘fair bit of smoke’ connecting him to potential HC job

... According to Dan Graziano of ESPN.com, there is a “fair bit of smoke” with Frazier going to the Chicago Bears if the team parts ways with Matt Nagy.

Per Graziano:

The first job everyone mentions when you ask about potential openings is Chicago, where it seems as if coach Matt Nagy would need a miracle to save his job. He has gone 32-28 in four seasons but is 0-2 in the playoffs and 4-8 this season. Eyes are on the general manager’s office there. Ryan Pace’s status is a mystery. He could get a chance to hire a second coach and oversee the team’s building around quarterback Justin Fields, but if ownership were to have a coach in mind who wanted a different GM, the Bears could move on from both.

And speaking of that job, there’s a fair bit of smoke connecting Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier to Chicago. The question then would be who he would bring as offensive coordinator to oversee the development of Fields. Current Bills quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey could be a candidate, though he is also a candidate to get the Bills’ offensive coordinator job if the current holder of that job, Brian Daboll, gets a head-coaching job elsewhere. Daboll remains high on the list of candidates expected to get interviews this time around, as he was last year.

As Graziano mentioned, losing Frazier could also mean losing Ken Dorsey as well. Dorsey, Buffalo’s passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach, has played a role in the development of Josh Allen and could work with Justin Fields--a promising young QB--in Chicago. Although it was not mentioned by Graziano, Frazier could also take a few defensive coaches with him if he were to land the job in Chicago. ...

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and please let him take Daboll as his assistant HC and OC. Wow what a Christmas present that would be, probably not until after the season though.

• Like 1

I saw that they moved on to "Daboll! Daboll!" to Frazier... I think he's under appreciated, but it is time to move on.

Blowing up the staff makes me worry because continuity is so important and personnel is in place (the last thing this team needs is what happened when rex was hired). I also don't know how deep McDermott's connections are, although in light of the talent on this team, I would assume they can get top-tier assistants. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I hope the Frazier to Chicago speculation/rumor ends up being true.  It would cause Frazier to leave which is good, the bad part is McD will choose someone as equally milquetoast as Frazier as the next DC. 

I really wouldn't mind if McDermott started having more of a hand in the defenses prep and gameday calls as I think he is an outstanding defensive coordinator, way better than Fraizer, should Fraizer leave. His Carolina defenses were stout, they were good.

Just now, Big Gun said:

I really wouldn't mind if McDermott started having more of a hand in the defenses prep and gameday calls as I think he is an outstanding defensive coordinator, way better than Fraizer, should Fraizer leave. His Carolina defenses were stout, they were good.

I agree with this, but it won't happen.  McD, in the past year or two, mentioned that he doesn't want to be a HC and DC, or call the defense.  He wants to focus on being a HC, which he still has more work to do.  Frazier is an underwhelming DC who is connected to McD from their Philly days under Andy Reid.  So Frazier is "McDermott's guy."  I don't see him going anywhere other than a HC job, which I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to hire Frazier if they take just a few minutes to examine his body of work.

41 minutes ago, Ann said:

Blowing up the staff makes me worry because continuity is so important and personnel is in place (the last thing this team needs is what happened when rex was hired). I also don't know how deep McDermott's connections are, although in light of the talent on this team, I would assume they can get top-tier assistants. 

Continuity is good, but not continuity for its own sake.  You need to continue with the right person.  Maybe in McD's eyes, Frazier is that person, which makes me and other Bills fans bang their collective head against the wall.

I think you're right, there are other top-notch coordinators and assistants that would come here.  The problem is McD evaluating and selecting those coaches, which he hasn't done a great job of.

Crap Throwing Clavin
55 minutes ago, Core Four said:

which I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to hire Frazier if they take just a few minutes to examine his body of work.

Counterpoint: the Bears.

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, Core Four said:

Continuity is good, but not continuity for its own sake.  You need to continue with the right person.  Maybe in McD's eyes, Frazier is that person, which makes me and other Bills fans bang their collective head against the wall.

I think you're right, there are other top-notch coordinators and assistants that would come here.  The problem is McD evaluating and selecting those coaches, which he hasn't done a great job of.

I believe if we pay attention to the Pats over the last 20 years they adjusted every year. Changing yearly slightly is good

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I believe if we pay attention to the Pats over the last 20 years they adjusted every year. Changing yearly slightly is good

Great point.  I hate BB as much as every other Bills fan, but I have to admire his flexibility and not being married to any one scheme.  The guy is like an amoeba, able to change shape based on the environment or opponent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Great point.  I hate BB as much as every other Bills fan, but I have to admire his flexibility and not being married to any one scheme.  The guy is like an amoeba, able to change shape based on the environment or opponent.

Not being married to any one scheme? The man only called two freaking plays against us all game!

:handbags:

:chuckle:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Not being married to any one scheme? The man only called two freaking plays against us all game!

Year after year. Not quarter to quarter.

20 hours ago, Foxx said:

Proof that Belichick is not married to the concept of mixing things up just for the sake of mixing things up. 

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

What a tire fire. and to think... we lost to that &#%$.

Well, he was smart enough to beat Daboll's offensive scheme, and knew to run the ball while on offense.  McD should still be embarrassed at that loss.

6 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Well, he was smart enough to beat Daboll's offensive scheme, and knew to run the ball while on offense.

The latter was not true of Bill Belichick in his most recent game against the Bills. If I could use just two words to describe his offensive approach those two words would be “pass happy.”