Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Leslie Frazier Connected to Bears HC Job(?)

Foxx

Frazier - Keep him or Let Him Go?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Let Leslie Frazier Go If He Gets a Job Offer from the Chicago Bears?

• Yes- Good Riddance
    • No - He is under Appreciated
    • It's Time to Move On
    • We Will Regret Losing Him
    • Undecided
    • It's All Tyler Bass and his Stupid Eye Black's Fault

9 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

The latter was not true of Bill Belichick in his most recent game against the Bills. If I could use just two words to describe his offensive approach those two words would be “pass happy.” 

I take it you're being facetious here because all Belichick did was run a variation of the same running play the entire game.

6 hours ago, Core Four said:

I take it you're being facetious here because all Belichick did was run a variation of the same running play the entire game.

The Patriots attempted one pass through the first three quarters. That was enough to lull almost everyone into thinking they were going for a balanced offense. A nice, even mix between run and pass. But then in the 4th quarter he called 2 pass plays. That was when his true colors were revealed. Pass happy.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

The Patriots attempted one pass through the first three quarters. That was enough to lull almost everyone into thinking they were going for a balanced offense. A nice, even mix between run and pass. But then in the 4th quarter he called 2 pass plays. That was when his true colors were revealed. Pass happy.

Frazier and McD kept both safeties and CBs on the field.  I'm sure they were expecting the pass.  I doubt it entered their mind that maybe they should pull a CB and put in another Dlinemen.  

According to ESPN, Jax isn't bailing on Urban Meyer. One less place for Frazier and Daboll

Urban Meyer still in Jacksonville Jaguars' plans despite building tension, sources say

As tension builds amid the frustration of a 2-10 season, Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan plans to stay the course with coach Urban Meyer, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

</snip>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

According to ESPN, Jax isn't bailing on Urban Meyer. One less place for Frazier and Daboll

Urban Meyer still in Jacksonville Jaguars' plans despite building tension, sources say

As tension builds amid the frustration of a 2-10 season, Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan plans to stay the course with coach Urban Meyer, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

</snip>

So no wrath by Khan?

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

I want to see the stats on how often a coach is fired after someone says "We have full confidence in him..."

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I want to see the stats on how often a coach is fired after someone says "We have full confidence in him..."

That does seem to be the kiss of death more often than not.

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Core Four said:

Hopefully we fire Daboll and promote Dorsey to OC.

We liked Daboll last year.  We're a fickle bunch.

Really, no matter how good an OC you really are, it's hard to look like a good OC when your OL couldn't block traffic.  But that's Daboll's responsibility too.  

Frazier, though...I wouldn't miss him.  I've never much liked his defensive schemes.  Is there a Wade Phillips clone we can get as DC instead?  

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

We liked Daboll last year.  We're a fickle bunch.

Really, no matter how good an OC you really are, it's hard to look like a good OC when your OL couldn't block traffic.  But that's Daboll's responsibility too.  

Frazier, though...I wouldn't miss him.  I've never much liked his defensive schemes.  Is there a Wade Phillips clone we can get as DC instead?  

Fans are fickle, but Josh masked Daboll's short comings last year.  Teams figured out our offensive scheme and how to frustrate Josh.  Daboll struggles to adjust; can't run the ball and not much in the way of short, quick passes.  I'd be surprised if Daboll is back next year.

Something seemed to change with the Oline between last year and this.  They weren't the best Oline, but they weren't the worst...it was sufficient.  Williams and the revolving door at LG fell off big time, seems like covid affected Dawkins pretty badly, though he has been better the past few weeks.  Morse isn't strong enough to consistently take on bigger, physical DTs and can't pick up the slack of bad guard play.  Fortunately, Ford was moved to bench with Spencer Brown developing enough to start.

I would be glad if Frazier goes.  He is extremely stagnant as a DC, no adjustments, no variation in his plan with regard to the opponent.  We go down 24-3 before half and Frazier would maintain course unless forced to do so by McD.  McD needs to continue to supervise him and his game plans, although McD jumped in a little late.  I hope there is someone else available, but I also don't trust McD to hire that person.  Either way, I think Frazier is back next year, and I'm not happy about that.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I would be glad if Frazier goes.  He is extremely stagnant as a DC, no adjustments, no variation in his plan with regard to the opponent.  We go down 24-3 before half and Frazier would maintain course unless forced to do so by McD.  McD needs to continue to supervise him and his game plans, although McD jumped in a little late.  I hope there is someone else available, but I also don't trust McD to hire that person.  Either way, I think Frazier is back next year, and I'm not happy about that.

While I read that Marvin Lewis is happy to be the special advisor to the HC down in Arizona St., I might be inclined to see just how happy he was.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Foxx said:

While I read that Marvin Lewis is happy to be the special advisor to the HC down in Arizona St., I might be inclined to see just how happy he was.

That's a good thought.  Marvin Lewis may be a case where he is a better DC than HC.  He was the DC of the 2000 Ravens and they ran a 4-3 defense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koko said:

After the crap he pulled with Indy?

That as well as the shitty job he did in Denver.  Has any former Patriot coordinator been successful as a HC of another team?  Charlie Weiss, no.  Josh McDaniels, no.  Matt Patricia, no.  The book is still being written on Brian Flores in Miami, who might end up being ok; it seems like Flores and the GM Chris Greer are not on the same page.

• Like 1