Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Tampa Week 14: The Aftermath

Ann

30 minutes ago, Ann said:

His 5th year option was picked up last May.

That was dumb.  Whaley was criticized for his handling of the cap, but Beane agreeing to pay Edmunds $12M next year and absorb that cap hit is beyond stupid.  This is really bad.  Maybe they can trade Edmunds prior to 6/1, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Wow, just wow.

I think this game made me cross the line where I just have to stop caring about the NFL.  It’s just not worth it when officials have such a negative impact on the game.

It’s not like these guys have an opposing group of officials paid to make them miss calls or make bad calls. Every mistake is an unforced mistake. It’s like a player just fumbling in the open field. I don’t understand how they can continue to phuck up game after game after game. No matter the crew, there’s egregious mistakes that are extremely impactful on the game. Today was just the last straw. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dubs said:

I think this game made me cross the line where I just have to stop caring about the NFL.  It’s just not worth it when officials have such a negative impact on the game.

It’s not like these guys have an opposing group of officials paid to make them miss calls or make bad calls. Every mistake is an unforced mistake. It’s like a player just fumbling in the open field. I don’t understand how they can continue to phuck up game after game after game. No matter the crew, there’s egregious mistakes that are extremely impactful on the game. Today was just the last straw. 

…and no transparency. No accountability. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dubs said:

The NFL needs to hire full time, professional refs.  Hold them accountable for game changing, crap calls.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Core Four said:

The NFL needs to hire full time, professional refs.  Hold them accountable for game changing, crap calls.

The only problem is that removes their excuse for not having any real accountability. And, for those with conspiracy inclinations, it removes any plausible deniability from the NFL’s standpoint. If the NFL really cared about fixing the officiating, they would have no issue paying full time officials. But, they don’t. Which begs the question: why?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Core Four said:

It’s like everything else. Unless enough people say &#%$ You nothing will change. 

The NFL will be perfectly happy to put pressure on taxpayers to fund their stadiums, but can’t be bothered to actually improve the one area that desperately needs it and actually impacts game outcomes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Core Four said:

As they say in the software world, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

The NFL is perfectly happy screwing the Bills for the benefit of Brady's team, or NE, Pittsburgh, etc.  They have no intention of changing anything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The only problem is that removes their excuse for not having any real accountability. And, for those with conspiracy inclinations, it removes any plausible deniability from the NFL’s standpoint. If the NFL really cared about fixing the officiating, they would have no issue paying full time officials. But, they don’t. Which begs the question: why?

That is "the" question.  A multi billion dollar sport should have dedicated refs.  I doubt the NFL picks winners and losers.  Sure, some teams and players get the benefit of the doubt (Brady and NE for 20 years) if they're the "face" of the NFL, but I don't think the NFL colludes with Vegas or something like that.  Though some of the calls the past few seasons have been really bad.

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

As they say in the software world, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

The NFL is perfectly happy screwing the Bills for the benefit of Brady's team, or NE, Pittsburgh, etc.  They have no intention of changing anything.

As an owner of a team who is not the "face" of the NFL, I would be pissed.  Unless the owners truly don't care about winning, and care more about ROI.  If that's the case, the NFL is going down the toilet as fast as a courtesy flush.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

i haven’t really seen a lot of Juju, and my knowledge of him is mostly around his dumb antics. I do think that Gabe has WR1 potential in him though.. but maybe that’s cuz I’m a fellow UCFer and biased..?

JuJu, Gabe Davis, and Bob Woods (another good comp) are all WR2.  They play vital supporting roles, but are not a WR1 such as Cooper Cupp or Stefon Diggs.