Cat : Pepper

Dog : Misty (German Sheppard)

Cat Pepper

Dog : Zac (was my sister's)

Cat : Merlin

Cat : Butterball

Cat : Sugar

Cat : Joseph

Cat : Momma (she was a drop off that had kittens less than 3 days after showing up)

Other cats that were more my sister's or wife's.   I miss them all.

• Cheers 1

Childhood pets:
Barry (dog)
Scooter (cat, more my sister's even though it was a family pet)

Adult pets:
Boscoe (best dog that ever lived!)
Max (dog that acted like a cat)
Frankie (dog)

I want another dog, but hubby wants to travel (ha!) so that may wait a few more years)

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Childhood pets:
Barry (dog)
Scooter (cat, more my sister's even though it was a family pet)

Adult pets:
Boscoe (best dog that ever lived!)
Max (dog that acted like a cat)
Frankie (dog)

I want another dog, but hubby wants to travel (ha!) so that may wait a few more years)

I swear my Jackson is part cat. Along with other assorted cat items, he does the rubbing up against your leg thing.

Crap Throwing Clavin

Sherman: dog, as a teenager.  Named after the general.

Katia and Leila: first two cats, about 19 years ago, both put down in the past few years.  Named after Lydia (Lilya) Litvak and Yekaterina Budanova.  (And yes, I know "Leila" is not "Lilya."  But "Lilya" was too awkward, so we Anglicized it.)

Tania.  Third cat, still with us at 18 years old (but has cancer, and not much time left).  Named after Tania Chernova.

Langley.  Adopted about six months after we put Katia down.  Named after Samuel Langley.

Reggie.  Most recent adoption, a year ago.  The adorable idiot I've mentioned before, thinks he's a dog (actually plays fetch).  Named after Reginald Mitchell.

We also had a stray for about six months, ten years ago.  Taylor.  He was a stray that spent a lot of time in our yard, and ended up living in our crawlspace for a while (causing not insubstantial damage.)  We could never get near him, until DC got hit by back-to-back blizzards in 2010.  I opened the door, and he was waiting in about three feet of snow.  Just kind-of said "&#%$ this outside shit" walked in, curled up on the couch, and took a four hour nap.  For about six months after that, he was an indoor cat, but needed occasional trips outside (he'd get frustrated and start pissing on the door if he didn't go out once in a while.)  Later that year, he was outside and the neighbor's dumbass dog chased him away - we never saw him again.  

He's the only one with out a military or aviation name - named him because his gold eyes stood out against his jet black coat, so he was "bright eyes," i.e. "Taylor," Heston's character from Planet of the Apes.

Yes, my wife hates how I name animals.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

I didn’t have any pets as a kid.  These are all since I’ve been married.

Tigger (the dumbest cat who ever lived)

Elvira (Black cat. Evil, incarnate.  Lived to 18.)

^^^those two lived together.  Both are deceased. 

Mocha (dog/boxer we took over from a prior owner).  She bit my kid, no real damage.  Mrs. snafu sent her away. I liked her. I used to hook her up to  a sled in the back yard and she would pull the kids around. Mocha knew enough to stay away from Elvira.

Now we have:

Audrey — cat

Gracie—cat

Clara—dog

All three are sweet. The cats treat the poor dog like crap. The only times Clara barks is five quick ones when someone’s at the door.  Her nickname is “doorbell”.

Time to go walk the dog.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The B-wife and I have had three dogs.

First -- Brownie

2nd --  Petey

Current -  Buddy.

With nine kids when I was little, we didn't really have (or need) pets.

We briefly had a cat (Ashes) that we got rid of after it had 4 kittens.

We named them Mickey, Stanley, Amos, and Otis *

*Those of you who were boys in the 60's will get that

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Bashful used to love to chase cars. One day he got hit and we had to take him to the vet. Vet amputated one of his front legs. 

You never would of known he had three legs when he was chasing them cars, he ran just as fast if not faster. He loved it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Cat Tiger 22years   
Cat  grayze      
Cat. Miss kitty all white 

dog bear 

current cat KG she was dropped off at the girls school (residential) my wife worked at.  Dumpster diver.  Girls at the school caught her and took her inside.  

She has 0 interest in going outside.  

Edited by mead107
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 7:56 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Sherman: dog, as a teenager.  Named after the general.

Katia and Leila: first two cats, about 19 years ago, both put down in the past few years.  Named after Lydia (Lilya) Litvak and Yekaterina Budanova.  (And yes, I know "Leila" is not "Lilya."  But "Lilya" was too awkward, so we Anglicized it.)

Tania.  Third cat, still with us at 18 years old (but has cancer, and not much time left).  Named after Tania Chernova.

Langley.  Adopted about six months after we put Katia down.  Named after Samuel Langley.

Reggie.  Most recent adoption, a year ago.  The adorable idiot I've mentioned before, thinks he's a dog (actually plays fetch).  Named after Reginald Mitchell.

Yes, my wife hates how I name animals.  

CTM reading to his dogs.

2b7e656b562981b705575ec8493172abea9caeb0

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
On 12/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Leila, Tania, and Katia.  Don't have pictures of Langley or Reggie on this computer.

Leila.jpg

tania.jpg

katia2.jpg

The white cat, above, is being put down within the hour.  Wife's constant companion for 18 years.  

And to top it off, while we're on the phone arranging for the vet to come out, we get another call.  Family friend with cancer, on the way to his first radiation treatment, has a heart attack in the car (his wife was driving).

Today sucks, just a little bit.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The white cat, above, is being put down within the hour.  Wife's constant companion for 18 years.  

And to top it off, while we're on the phone arranging for the vet to come out, we get another call.  Family friend with cancer, on the way to his first radiation treatment, has a heart attack in the car (his wife was driving).

Today sucks, just a little bit.

I am so sorry, @Crap Throwing Monkey :hug:

• 3 months later...

My Jackson caught a full snout of skunk spray this morning. He sneezed for quite awhile and did his cat thing for about an hour before he calmed down.

He better be okay...

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2