Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Are the Bills what their record says they are?

Arm of Harm

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Agree.  The fact that McD had to step in indicates that the defensive plan was flawed from minute 1.  Not a good reflection on Leslie Frazier as a DC.  As an aside, he's expected to get HC interest?!

Did I miss a report that McD stepped in at halftime?

Wouldn't surprise me...but I just haven't seen it mentioned outside of this discussion here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Wouldn't surprise me...but I just haven't seen it mentioned outside of this discussion here.

No one report that to the best of my knowledge.  McD was spending some time with Frazier on the sidelines.

On 12/14/2021 at 2:57 AM, KD in CA said:

If you're 0-5 in one score games, that's not luck, that's a character flaw.  

Exactly. They are NOT the red-zone team they were previously. If they could score in the red-zone, the Titans and Bucs and *Pats games would be W's. 

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I am not sure how Chunks can sit in the box upstairs and be unable to find a way to utilize the offense to it's full potential. If I could write a fortune to put in one of his cookies; it would read: "Take your shit and go. Leave the rolls". 

If this happens, at least it's a 10 minute drive back to W-S.

43 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

While you were watching Roadhouse the broadcast showed McDermott and Frazier huddled up on the sideline later on in the second quarter.  Nantz & Romo were commenting on it.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, snafu said:

While you were watching Roadhouse the broadcast showed McDermott and Frazier huddled up on the sideline later on in the second quarter.  Nantz & Romo were commenting on it.

Thanks,

And I'm not apologizing for not knowing that, because I'm certain my watching Road House contributed to the comeback.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Thanks,

And I'm not apologizing for not knowing that, because I'm certain my watching Road House contributed to the comeback.

Good.  Make that your new Sunday routine.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, snafu said:

Good.  Make that your new Sunday routine.

Despite featuring both Jeff Healey and Sam Elliot, I can't watch Road House that often.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Despite featuring both Jeff Healey and Sam Elliot, I can't watch Road House that often.

Try Happy Feet!

5 hours ago, Core Four said:

Agree.  The fact that McD had to step in indicates that the defensive plan was flawed from minute 1.  Not a good reflection on Leslie Frazier as a DC.  As an aside, he's expected to get HC interest?!

Do we know he stepped in or are we assuming he stepped in?

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Thanks,

My curse is I have never shut a game off. That said, I didn't notice either. Because I didn't change the channel the dogs ran from the room and never returned.

6 hours ago, snafu said:

Not the way I see your chart.  Look at "D-run: losses"  vs. "D-run: wins".  Three of those losses (Tenn, NE, TB) contained three huge runs which were the differences in each game.  It isn't shoulda, woulda, coulda.  The run defense isn't horrid without those three runs.

I thought to bring the chart over to this thread seeing as we might be seeing this thread through the end of the season and I didn't want it to get lost in the other one.

I added the averages of the respective totals for wins and losses to kind of help get a better idea of what the numbers are saying.

Roughly, in wins, on offense, we average 22.5 more yards on the ground and 45 more yards through the air. Roughly, in losses, on defense, we average a whopping 83 yards more (more than twice as much as we allow in wins), and 28.4 yards less through the air. Overall roughly, in wins, we average 67.5 yards more on offense and allow 59.5 yards less on defense.

It is a bit of a misnomer that we are actually allowing less yardage through the air in losses than we are in wins but that is a direct result of the lopsided run yardage we allow in those losses. 

Team O-Run O-Pass D-run D-Pass O-Total D-Total
Pittsburgh 117 254 75 177 371 252
Miami 143 171 71 145 314 246
Washington 122 359 78 212 481 290
Houston 199 251 48 61 450 109
Kansas City 121 315 120 272 436 392
Tennessee 82 335 146 216 417 362
Miami 102 249 68 194 351 262
Jacksonville 72 229 79 139 301 218
NYJ 139 350 70 296 489 366
Indianapolis 91 220 264 106 311 370
New Orleans 113 248 44 146 361 190
New England 99 131 222 19 230 241
Tampa Bay 173 293 137 351 466 488
Carolina - - - - - -
New England - - - - - -
Atlanta - - - - - -
NYJ - - - - - -
Team O-Run O-Pass D-run D-Pass O-Total D-Total
Total: 1532 3483 1419 2483 5015 3782
Total Avg: 117.85 267.92 109.15 191 385.77 290.92
Wins: 898 2021 496 1375 2919 1851
Wins Avg: 128.29 288.71 70.86 196.43 417 262.43
Losses: 634 1462 923 1008 2096 1931
Losses Avg: 105.67 243.67 153.83 168 349.33 321.83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Do we know he stepped in or are we assuming he stepped in?

We don't know for sure as it hasn't been reported anywhere, that I have seen.  Maybe someone else saw an article.  As far as I can tell, it is a strong hunch as McD was spending some time with Frazier on the sidelines seen in some of CBS's broadcast, which corresponded to an improved pass rush and man coverage toward half time as well as the second half.  I would also assume McD had some words with Daboll, who is up in the box.  The defensive plan, as well as the offensive plan, were very flawed when you're down 24-3 as halftime was approaching.  Something had to be adjusted, and it looks like changes were made.

5 minutes ago, Core Four said:

We don't know for sure as it hasn't been reported anywhere, that I have seen.  Maybe someone else saw an article.  As far as I can tell, it is a strong hunch as McD was spending some time with Frazier on the sidelines seen in some of CBS's broadcast, which corresponded to an improved pass rush and man coverage toward half time as well as the second half.  I would also assume McD had some words with Daboll, who is up in the box.  The defensive plan, as well as the offensive plan, were very flawed when you're down 24-3 as halftime was approaching.  Something had to be adjusted, and it looks like changes were made.

My lip reading is non existent. That said, after the failed the fake punt the video went to McD and I'm pretty sure the word going to fire you came out of his mouth....

15 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

My lip reading is non existent. That said, after the failed the fake punt the video went to McD and I'm pretty sure the word going to fire you came out of his mouth....

If that is true, it would have been directed at his SpT coordinator, who came from Carolina.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Core Four said:

If that is true, it would have been directed at his SpT coordinator, who came from Carolina.

I dont know who he was talking to. Just reporting the facts of what I think I may have possibly seen while incorrectly although I have no talent in such an ability

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Joe said:

Yes. You are what your record says you are. Football is entirely about results.

No it's not.  It's all about DVOA.  [/FootballOutsiders]

• Haha 1