Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Debt Ceiling

Foxx

I have issues with the painted narrative. It is not just the Democrats that are doing this.

An CNBC article:

Democrats will move to raise the debt ceiling hours before deadline

Congressional Democrats will move to raise the debt ceiling Tuesday, one day before the Dec. 15 deadline that Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen warned could mark the start of the first-ever U.S. default.

The effort began in the Senate, which voted 50-49 along party lines Tuesday afternoon to advance the bill to increase the debt limit. The chamber will vote to pass the debt-limit plan at 4 p.m. ET., said Sen. Dick Durbin, an Illinois Democrat and the party’s whip.

The bill would then go to the House, where the narrow Democratic majority is expected to approve it and send it to President Joe Biden’s desk late Tuesday or early Wednesday. He is set to sign it just hours before the Treasury Department forecasts it would exhaust its tools to pay the government’s bills. ...

yes, that's right, 2.5 Trillion...

1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

I am calling my creditors and demanding that they raise my credit limits so that I do not default on my current debt

One reply was "Im getting a new credit card so I can pay my current credit card bill end of quote.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Fansince88 said:

One reply was "Im getting a new credit card so I can pay my current credit card bill end of quote.

That's actually how I paid for grad school.  Paid tuition by juggling credit card debt.

And worked two jobs to pay it off.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That's actually how I paid for grad school.  Paid tuition by juggling credit card debt.

And worked two jobs to pay it off.  

25 years ago I was doing that and got to a point that I came to my senses and said "YOU IDIOT" Sidebar, way before you and I met on here, and was in debt that I could not continue with. I was driving home from work one day and turned on the radio and was listening to a financial guy on AM. About 3 to 4 days of this I decided what Dave Ramsey was saying makes sense. Im not a credit prude in any sense of the work but have limited ourselves to owing 1 card and out debit card. I use it when we are working on large home products and pay it off immediately and trips. Also pay cash for everything. It has changed our lives and saved our marriage. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2