Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official ‘Other Games’ Thread - Week - 15

Foxx

MozJPEG USATSI_17207404.jpg

© Robert Scheer/IndyStar / USA TODAY NETWORK

With the bye weeks out of the way, we are down to the last quarter of the season. The tight AFC playoff races have a good chance of getting tighter with seven intraconference games this week. Six of which will have a direct bearing upon the playoff seedings. The other intraconference game between the Texans and Jaguars at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville could very well be for seeding within the top three slots of the coming NFL Draft in April.

Week 15 kicks off tonight with an AFCW matchup featuring the Chiefs at SoFi Stadium, taking on the Chargers for this week's intraconference schedule. At 9-4, the Chiefs sit atop the West, one game ahead of the Chargers. Due to their win over the Chiefs in week three, the Chargers can take over first place in the division with a win and give themselves a sweep of Chiefs in the process. It should be a good game, featuring two of the game's top quarterbacks in Mahomes and Herbert.

To satiate fans' hunger everywhere, the NFL has given us a Saturday slate of games in week 15. The Raiders find themselves in Cleveland taking on the Browns. And the nightcap sees the AFCE leading, current number one seed in AFC, *Patriots venture into Lucas Field to play on the surging Colts

The Raiders find themselves last in their division and five spots out of a conference playoff spot. They are in a bit of a free-fall, having won once in their last six games. Their lone win in those games came in Dallas on Thanksgiving day. If the Browns win and the Ravens lose, they would be in first place in the AFCN. Cleveland would really like to win this game considering their remaining schedule (@Packers, @Steelers, Bengals).

New England is on a tear since their loss to the Cowboys in week 6. They are 7-0 and have outscored opponents, 225 to 63. They are the top seed in the AFC and enjoy a two-game lead over the Bills for the AFCE division lead. For the Colts, while they face an uphill climb for the top spot in the AFCS, two games behind Tennessee, they are rounding into top form as their passing game is beginning to complement their running game. Bills Fans are hoping the Colts can bring the *Patriots back to Earth as they need NE to lose a game if they have any hopes of catching them for the AFCE crown.

The Jets travel to Miami to play on the Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium. For the eleventh straight year, New York has been eliminated from post-season play and currently has the fourth selection in that coming NFL Draft. They are left with evaluating their current talent to see where improvements can be made to the roster. Since losing to the Bills in week 8, Miami, coming off its bye, has been playing well the last month and a half. Winners of five games in a row, the Dolphins need to continue those winning ways if they have any hopes of climbing the AFC seedings ladder. They currently sit in the thirteenth position.

AFCN leader Tennessee ventures into Three Rivers to take on the Steelers. Thanks to their tie with the previously winless Lions, Pittsburgh finds themselves a game and a half back and in last place in the AFCN. While still not a very good team, in my opinion, the Steelers have been playing some decent ball since that game. They have an almost impossible path to the playoffs with their current position and have a difficult remaining schedule. Tennessee is two games up in their division and won both games against their closest rival, the Colts. They have a couple of upcoming games they could lose, and their last game is against the Texans, who beat them in their own house the week before Thanksgiving. They would do well to take this game.

The Broncos get the Bengals at their house, Empower Field. The two teams currently sit just outside playoff positions at tenth and ninth, respectively. While the Bengals have a decent shot at their division, if one of these two teams is to make the playoffs, the winner of this game could go a long way towards determining which team that will be.

In addition to the above intraconference games, the Packers travel to Baltimore to play on the Ravens for one of this week's two interconference games. The Ravens, leading their division, face a must-win game if they are to be among the top seven playoff spots. Currently fourth in seedings, if they lose this game, there is a scenario where they could fall out of the top seven. Couple this with their remaining games, and it would not be inconceivable to see them drop right out of the playoff picture altogether.

The week's other interconference game sees the Bills welcome Carolina into Highmark Stadium for the first of their final three home games this season. While technically still alive in the NFC playoff hunt, Carolina finds themselves with no hope of a division crown and the twelfth seed currently. Due to their conference record, their quest for that playoff position is challenging at best. There is a glimmer of hope, though. While not cleared for contact yet, they have designated Sam Darnold to return from IR this week. For the Bills, they have to right their ship, and they have to right it now. There is no more wiggle room. Their lackluster play since beating, which was not a very good team at the time, the Chiefs in Kansas City in week 5 have jeopardized their playoff aspirations. They have been 3-5 since that game, and while they have not been playing at their best during that eight-game stretch, it could realistically be argued that four plays were the difference between winning and losing four of those five losses. The Bills also face a unique situation where they could fall out of a playoff position even if they win this weekend.

Visitor Home Info Location
 Chiefs  Chargers Thu, 12/16, 8:20 p.m. ET, FOX/NFL Network SoFi Stadium
 Raiders  Browns Sat, 12/18, 4:30 p.m. ET, NFL Network FirstEnergy Stadium
 Patriots  Colts Sat, 12/18, 8:15 p.m. ET, NFL Network Lucas Oil Stadium
 Jets  Dolphins 1 p.m. ET, CBS Hard Rock Stadium
 Panthers  Bills 1 p.m. ET, FOX Highmark Stadium
 Washington  Eagles 1 p.m. ET, FOX Lincoln Financial Field
 Cardinals  Lions 1 p.m. ET, FOX Ford Field
 Cowboys  Giants 1 p.m. ET, FOX MetLife Stadium
 Titans  Steelers 1 p.m. ET, CBS Heinz Field
 Texans  Jaguars 1 p.m. ET, CBS TIAA Bank Field
 Bengals  Broncos 4:05 p.m. ET, CBS Empower Field
 Falcons  49ers 4:05 p.m. ET, CBS Levi's Stadium
 Packers  Ravens 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX M&T Bank Stadium
 Seahawks  Rams 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX SoFi Stadium
 Saints  Buccaneers 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC Raymond James Stadium
 Vikings  Bears Mon, 12/20, 8:15 p.m. ET, ESPN Soldier Field

Rooting interests this week include:

Chiefs/Chargers - an argument to be made for each but at this point, Chiefs

Raiders

Colts

Jets

Steelers/Titans - an argument to be made for each but at this point, Steelers

Broncos

Packers

Go Bills!!

:whitebillsflag:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Hope the Chargers TE is ok.  That didn't look at all good from the moment his head hit the turf.  :classic_mellow:

Not good at all. Seeing his arms spasming as they wheeled him off looks like a serious neurological injury.

• Like 2

Joe Buck is an absolute moron.

”We would never speculate about an injury..but, seeing his arms and hands shaking like that is unnerving..i will say that it is quite cold in the LA area tonight. Hopefully, it has more to do with that…”

The absolute dumbest thing I’ve heard on TV in a long time, and there is some dumb stuff being said on TV nowadays. Congrats, Joe.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

16 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Joe Buck is an absolute moron.

”We would never speculate about an injury..but, seeing his arms and hands shaking like that is unnerving..i will say that it is quite cold in the LA area tonight. Hopefully, it has more to do with that…”

The absolute dumbest thing I’ve heard on TV in a long time, and there is some dumb stuff being said on TV nowadays. Congrats, Joe.

• Like 2

I hope Parham is ok.

Buck is an idiot.

Joey Bosa should just embrace reality and change the first letter of his last name to N.  That thing needs its own zip code.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I hope Parham is ok.

Buck is an idiot.

Joey Bosa should just embrace reality and change the first letter of his last name to N.  That thing needs its own zip code.

Once again I'll only be asking Santa for one thing:   A Bosa for Buffalo.

• FANtastic 1

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Closest thing we had in recent times was Mario Williams.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ann said:

Me too

Some of it is certainly player limitations, Bosa is better than our DEs.  Part of it is also scheme, I don't think McD and Frazier place a lot of value on sacks, where other teams do.

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

-9 points and counting for Mr. Analytics

Update: -12

But he looks like a real macho man so good for him.

Edited by 4merper4mer

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Update: -12

But he looks like a real macho man so good for him.

…and me.  Fantasy playoffs start this week and the guy I’m playing has Hopkins.

p.s.  this game is crazy!

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

You ask for Bosa and I’ll ask for Kelce.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

San Diego is never winning with that coach.  Neither is LA.

He is prone to gamble for the TD when he doesn't have to rather than take the easy FG

2 minutes ago, Core Four said:

He is prone to gamble for the TD when he doesn't have to rather than take the easy FG

He is also prone to inexplicably crappy defense.

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

He wants to be the new doug pederson, it seems.. trying too hard to show everyone that he is the smartest in the room. Ends up looking like a fool.