Hell Yes, I Bitcoin

Foxx

Foxx
Message added by Foxx,

this is a big deal.

After 5 years, Paypal becomes the first company to ever receive a BitLicense from NYS.

The new service makes PayPal one of the largest U.S. companies to provide consumers access to cryptocurrencies, which could help bitcoin and rival cryptocurrencies gain wider adoption as viable payment methods.

The San Jose, California-based company hopes the service will encourage global use of virtual coins and prepare its network for new digital currencies that central banks and companies may develop, President and Chief Executive Dan Schulman said in an interview.

“We are working with central banks and thinking of all forms of digital currencies and how PayPal can play a role,” he said.

U.S. account holders will be able to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies in their PayPal wallets over the coming weeks, the company said. PayPal plans to expand the service to its peer-to-peer payment app Venmo and some other countries in the first half of 2021. ...

... PayPal has secured the first conditional cryptocurrency licence from the New York State Department of Financial Services. The company will initially allow purchases of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies called ethereum ETH=BTSP, bitcoin cash BCH=BTSP and litecoin LTC=BTSP, it said.

PayPal is teaming up with cryptocurrency firm Paxos Trust Company to offer the service.

it is planned that while you will be able to purchase select cryptos in just a few short weeks, you will not be able to spend them until early on in the new year.

and though this will more than likely change in the new year (it has to), for now it is not the best thing.

Ek20JBZU0AAOsl_?format=jpg&name=900x900

onboarding just got that much easier for 346 million people around the world.

• Cheers 1

Geez it was like at 5k when covid hit. It’s now over 13k. I knew i shouldn’t have listened to my dad..i coulda been a thousandaire or something 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

“Buy Bitcoin” say the folks who stand to benefit from me buying Bitcoin. 

I own some. But it’s not an investment vehicle any more than forex trading is, IMO.  

• 4 weeks later...

BTC's previous ATH was smashed to pieces today. we currently are sitting at, $21,340. the heights of this rise, you are going to see, you are not going to believe it possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Bitcoin!

Historic prices on Jan 3rd

2009 - $0

2010 - $0.05

2011 - $0.29

2012 - $5

2013 - $13

2014 - $797

2015 - $302

2016 - $429

2017 - $1,021

2018 - $14,944

2019 - $3,827

2020 - $7,238

2021 - $34,200

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

^ I guess I missed the buying opportunity!   Crazy the change in the past few days.

not for nothing KD, but I see no reason why the 4 year cycle that BTC has had since being born will not continue. this means that January '22 would complete this current cycle.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, Foxx said:

not for nothing KD, but I see no reason why the 4 year cycle that BTC has had since being born will not continue. this means that January '22 would complete this current cycle.

ro everyone here, and he will get pissed i say this..  @Foxx was early in this thing. We were discussing BTC ATOP in late 17, early18. He called this back then...knows more than anyone I know about this stuff.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:08 AM, plenzmd1 said:

ro everyone here, and he will get pissed i say this..  @Foxx was early in this thing. We were discussing BTC ATOP in late 17, early18. He called this back then...knows more than anyone I know about this stuff.

No doubt about that!  

On 1/7/2021 at 8:08 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Thank you for the kind words Plenz.

Back when I started that thread ATOP, I think the price per BTC was right around 1K. Back before that, on the BBmB, when I started the thread there, they were $600 per. In '16 maybe? Don't know that I am all that smart though. If I was, I might not have given away the hundreds of them that I did back in '12 when I bought 'em for $5 a piece.

Today, we broke the $40k mark. It is simply astounding to me that before this next wave started back just before the presidential election we were hovering just under $15K.

Please don't anyone consider my musings financial advice, I'm really just some stupid keyboard jockey. After all, I was pretty sure my analysis said that we needed to revisit three figures before this next bubble could begin. Which we never really came close to doing though. That being said, again not financial advice, please do your own homework and analysis, as I posted above, I really see no reason why the 4 year cycle that has been in place since BTC's inception will not hold. And that this current bubble/run will last into 2022.

The heights this run is going to reach are going to be unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, Foxx said:

the price of BTC is soaring today as news of Paypal's new service makes headlines around the globe. this is more of the long awaited news regarding institutional money flowing into the crypto sphere.

I wish I had listened to you way back when.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I wish I had listened to you way back when.

It is not too late, my friend. You don't have to buy a whole BTC just ladder in by buying some Satoshi.  Additionally, there are alts out there, just make sure and do your due diligence.

Just remember, unless you control the keys to the wallet where they will ultimately reside, they are held in custodial hands.

21 hours ago, devnull said:

The funny thing about this is that it was created with BTC's source code and originally was a joke made to mock crypto speculators.

At one point back in 2017, I had mined over 120K of these.

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

The funny thing about this is that it was created with BTC's source code and originally was a joke made to mock crypto speculators.

At one point back in 2017, I had mined over 120K of these.

Please explain "mining".