Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hell Yes, I Bitcoin

Foxx
Foxx
Message added by Foxx,

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

After a bitcoin crackdown, China now calls it an ‘investment alternative’ in a significant shift in tone

BOAO, China — China’s central bank is now calling bitcoin an “investment alternative” — marking a significant shift in Beijing’s tone after a crackdown on cryptocurrency issuance and trading nearly four years ago.

Industry insiders called the comments “progressive” and are watching closely for any regulatory changes made by the People’s Bank of China (PBOC).

“We regard Bitcoin and stablecoin as crypto assets ... These are investment alternatives,” Li Bo, deputy governor of the PBOC, said on Sunday during a panel hosted by CNBC at the Boao Forum for Asia.

“They are not currency per se. And so the main role we see for crypto assets going forward, the main role is investment alternative.”

Bitcoin was up around 2% at 12:25 p.m. Beijing time at over $57,134.04, according to Coindesk data.

China was once one of the world’s largest buyers of bitcoin. ...

Someone got paid off...

BTC on sale? 

Poor SOBs who bought MSTR strictly because they had BTC in their treasury....man, some people gunna get wiped out by these swings i fear.

MSTR was and always will be a BI company...and should be valued based on that business. 

• 2 weeks later...

ETH is on fire. It hit $4,300 today. At that point Ethereum’s market cap was 46% of Bitcoin’s. It’s catching up.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pilsner said:

ETH is on fire. It hit $4,300 today. At that point Ethereum’s market cap was 46% of Bitcoin’s. It’s catching up.

Not advice in anyway but my opinion is that once the transformation to PoS is complete for ETH, $4K is going to be a distant memory.

• Cheers 1

There is talk about a potential flippening. I wonder if in the next 5 years Ethereum could pass Bitcoin’s market cap and stay there. 

I will attempt to attach a link. Hopefully it works. 

I know this is a Bitcoin thread and I like Bitcoin but there are so many things happening in the cryptospace. Hopefully I’m not hijacking the thread lol.

Shiba. It didn’t catch my attention until I found out Vitalik Buterin has a huge bag of it.  $8 billion worth. It’s dirt cheap like Dogecoin was but it’s market cap is high. $10 billion I think. 

I’m a bit hesitant to buy any at this point but intrigued. 

image.jpeg.3cd42dbecd9b96c7e756f2d701e7f6f0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pilsner said:

I know this is a Bitcoin thread and I like Bitcoin but there are so many things happening in the cryptospace. Hopefully I’m not hijacking the thread lol.

Shiba. It didn’t catch my attention until I found out Vitalik Buterin has a huge bag of it.  $8 billion worth. It’s dirt cheap like Dogecoin was but it’s market cap is high. $10 billion I think. 

I’m a bit hesitant to buy any at this point but intrigued. 

image.jpeg.3cd42dbecd9b96c7e756f2d701e7f6f0.jpeg

Unless you plan to keep it on the exchange where you bought it, (even then, when you sell) it might be cost prohibitive to move. Look into costs to move it, you might be surprised.

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Unless you plan to keep it on the exchange where you bought it, (even then, when you sell) it might be cost prohibitive to move. Look into costs to move it, you might be surprised.

I’m cringing at the thought of what those fees could be. Yikes.

Cuban rightfully pushing back on Musk.

Mark Cuban counters Elon Musk, says Mavs will continue to accept Bitcoin

... “We know that replacing gold as a store of value will help the environment,” Cuban opined, adding: “Shrinking big bank and coin usage will benefit society and the environment.” ...

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1392611938983632896

Not to mention that most of the energy consumed to mine BTC is renewable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

Buy on the dip or don't catch a falling knife?

I getting so many questions on that too. For some unknown reason people think I know something bout this stuff and can predict the future. If I could do that , I would OWN the Bills, not pay to go to see them!  

but I buying a smidge today. 

As I remarked earlier up thread, $64K is a major resistance. We hit it and have been in a backwardization process ever since. 

I expect we will run up to it again at least one more time, and possibly twice more before we smash that ceiling to pieces. It will happen this year, imo. 

Just the ramblings of a keyboard jockey here, not to be taken seriously. Make sure and do your own research before making any investment of any type.

• Cheers 1