Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hell Yes, I Bitcoin

Foxx
Foxx
Message added by Foxx,

When does that hard resistance $64K get obliterated?

My guess? November.

Now that Taproot (think Smart Contracts) is virtually all but certain (94% of miners signaled approval during this most recent Difficulty (90% is required)), this development maybe what catapults it to the stratosphere.

It is certainly quite possible though that the news and price rise precedes the event.

But what do I know, just a dumb keyboard jockey here and this should not be taken as investment advice. Do you're own due diligence before making any investment decisions.

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

As I remarked earlier up thread, $64K is a major resistance. We hit it and have been in a backwardization process ever since. 

I expect we will run up to it again at least one more time, and possibly twice more before we smash that ceiling to pieces. It will happen this year, imo. 

Just the ramblings of a keyboard jockey here, not to be taken seriously. Make sure and do your own research before making any investment of any type.

What were your predictions in February of 2017?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Someone or some entity purchased $750m BitCoin yesterday.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Retail Traders Catalyzed Latest Bitcoin ‘Panic Sale:’ Chainalysis

Institutional investors didn’t sell much of their crypto holdings on

“Black Wednesday”—but retail traders did, according to a new report. ...

This is one of the reasons retail investors will never compete with institutional. Institutional doesn’t panic sell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news that US recovered the ransom payment for the Colonial hack

"The Justice Department has recovered the majority of a multimillion-dollar ransom payment to hackers after a cyberattack that caused the operator of the nation’s largest fuel pipeline to halt its operations last month, officials said Monday.

The operation to recover the cryptocurrency from the Russia-based hacker group is the first undertaken by a specialized ransomware task force created by the Biden administration Justice Department, and reflects what U.S. officials say is an increasingly aggressive approach to deal with a ransomware threat that in the last month has targeted critical industries around the world.

“By going after an entire ecosystem that fuels ransomware and digital currency, we will continue to use all of our tools and all of our resources to increase the costs and the consequences of ransomware attacks and other cyber-enabled attacks,” Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco said Monday at a news conference announcing the operation."

Bad news is that crypto doesn't appear to be out of reach of sophisticated governments.  Bitcoin down 3% and will probably continue dropping for a while.

Yeah, knowing what I know about the blockchain, color me skeptical that this actually happened.

Blockchain is immutable. The only way to recover these funds is to have gained the private key to said wallet. The encryption key to any wallet on the BTC blockchain is almost impossible to hack, outside of a quantum hack/attack. I guess there is a chance that they fell prey to a phish/key logger attack though.

As for The BTC drop, it is a coordinated effort to get Joe Six-Pack to part with his holdings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Yeah, knowing what I know about the blockchain, color me skeptical that this actually happened.

Blockchain is immutable. The only way to recover these funds is to have gained the private key to said wallet. The encryption key to any wallet on the BTC blockchain is almost impossible to hack, outside of a quantum hack/attack. I guess there is a chance that they fell prey to a phish/key logger attack though.

As for The BTC drop, it is a coordinated effort to get Joe Six-Pack to part with his holdings.

I'm guessing that US Intel had an assist in retrieving the crypto.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GG1 said:

If I get a chance later, I'll have a look and see if I can't find the wallet and look at transactions thereof.

10 hours ago, GG1 said:

If reports are to be believed, the FBI was in some way able to come into possession of the private key.

Predictably, BTC is trending downward. Hell, this news is causing me to contemplate ...

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If reports are to be believed, the FBI was in some way able to come into possession of the private key.

Predictably, BTC is trending downward. Hell, this news is causing me to contemplate ...

If you believe in the asset, you should apply the same dollar cost averaging strategy to the investments.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

If I get a chance later, I'll have a look and see if I can't find the wallet and look at transactions thereof.

Pretty sure this was the transaction. Don't have time right now to chase it's subsequent transactions but incase anyone wanted to...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, as always, I am crazy confused by BTC. 

saw yesterday China was cracking down on BTC mining, which in my old traditional way of thinking should have restricted supply and sent BTC higher. 

nope! 

dis see a guy on squawk say not replacing currency, replacing gold  no shit, that’s what I been saying for 6 months! Just call it crypto , drop the currency thing. I don’t think will ever be a currency. 

@Foxxany technicals I should be aware of here. Thinking of going long for a short term trade.  I know you cannot foresee the future and could be 100% wrong, but you have the clearest insight on this stuff , way more than I get off the internet’s or anyone else I know. 

@plenzmd1 

There is a school of thought out there that we have just completed the 5 waves of wave A. This would set up the possibility of seeing $20K in wave C. For that to happen though, wave B would have to see a rise to somewhere around $45 to $50K.

Remember, I believe that at some point we are going to see a scarcity of BTC. Whereby, it will be hard for you to obtain it. might this then all be by design??

As always, my commentary is not to be considered financial advice. These are just the musings of a mad keyboard jockey. Before one makes any decision to invest in any financial instrument, doing your own due diligence and research with regard is of paramount importance.

• Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

@plenzmd1 

There is a school of thought out there that we have just completed the 5 waves of wave A. This would set up the possibility of seeing $20K in wave C. For that to happen though, wave B would have to see a rise to somewhere around $45 to $50K.

Remember, I believe that at some point we are going to see a scarcity of BTC. Whereby, it will be hard for you to obtain it. might this then all be by design??

As always, my commentary is not to be considered financial advice. These are just the musings of a mad keyboard jockey. Before one makes any decision to invest in any financial instrument, doing your own due diligence and research with regard is of paramount importance.

Dogecoin.... to the toilet🚽

:crying3:

• Like 1