Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hell Yes, I Bitcoin

Foxx
Foxx
Message added by Foxx,

On 7/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, plenzmd1 said:

wish i was a technical guy...seems like a strong base in BTC being formed around $30K

Hmm, smart guy whoever posted this

• Like 1

https://thehill.com/opinion/cybersecurity/564696-bye-bye-bitcoin-time-to-ban-crypto-currencies?amp

…I read that. I kinda agree. Tell me why I’m wrong because I probably am. I am an uneducated moron pertaining to finance. 

I like the idea of crypto though I don’t trust it’s “value.” But I believe we’ll see more attacks like this on crypto because governments don’t like to share their ability to…mint…so attack pieces like this are to be expected. 

For folks in the know, what’s your take? 

Edited by The_Dude

16 hours ago, The_Dude said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/cybersecurity/564696-bye-bye-bitcoin-time-to-ban-crypto-currencies?amp

…I read that. I kinda agree. Tell me why I’m wrong because I probably am. I am an uneducated moron pertaining to finance. 

I like the idea of crypto though I don’t trust it’s “value.” But I believe we’ll see more attacks like this on crypto because governments don’t like to share their ability to…mint…so attack pieces like this are to be expected. 

For folks in the know, what’s your take? 

At this point, any crypto is a speculative asset/investment vehicle. It is designed to be so much more but, everything in it's time.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

At this point, any crypto is a speculative asset/investment vehicle. It is designed to be so much more but, everything in it's time.

Right…as a financial dummy, it scares me. It scares me to not have any as much as it scares me to buy….because what am I buying? Stocks scare me…I’m a real estate believer. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow will see the long anticipated introduction of the London Hard Fork for Ethereum.

At some point between 13:00 UTC and 17:00 UTC (9am and 1pm EDT), ETH will move from a PoW to PoS algorithm. The effects of this hard fork are expected to be numerous outside of of the change in ETH's algo structure.

ETH with it's smart contracts is/was a brilliant concept and design. So popular in fact that a number of platforms were built on top of it. Of which, DeFi, (decentralized finance) and NFT's, have become so successful, that it has strained the network and caused transaction times to take, in some instances, a very long time. Due to the amount of transactions and the limited number of those validating them (miners), transactions fees, otherwise known as 'Gas',  have skyrocketed. Thus causing congestion on the network as miners seek out the higher paying transactions and leave the smaller ones to lulls.

There are other protocols being implemented with the hard fork. Amongst which is a burning of proceeds of validated blocks which would in turn change the supply from, inflationary to deflationary.

Due to the protocols being implemented, there are a number of forecasters who see a price explosion for ETH in the days ahead. Predictions range from $5K to $10K by the end of the year, depending on whom you listen to. Short term, there are a good number of contracts that expire Sept 24th that are supporting a $3200 to $5000 price point. But, as with any speculative financial instrument, who really knows.

The above is informational only. Not to be considered financial advice in any way. Before making any investment, talk to your financial advisor and do your own due diligence.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of a warning here.

Always pay attention to what you are doing when performing a transaction, of any sorts. Always.

Bitfinex just spent $23.7 million in fees to make a single Ethereum transaction

... A wallet belonging to crypto exchange Bitfinex just paid $23.7 million in transaction fees to send $100,000 of tether (USDT) in what was a bit of a slip up. ...

Should anyone here have any crypto instruments upon that platform, it might be wise to remove them for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

…I became a man today. I was like ‘bro, you’re pushin’ 40 and you ain’t got no investments.’ So today, I bought me some. Got me some Solana coin and some stocks. Here’s to hoping I picked right based on my 15 minutes of research. 

• FANtastic 1

I mean I got the fever — and I need more Bitcoin. 

ive been listening to crypto podcasts like crazy the past 72 hours. 

&#%$ the dollar. &#%$ it. 

I’ll be offering all my customers 10% off for Bitcoin, and as far as other coins — we can talk.