Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hell Yes, I Bitcoin

Foxx
Foxx
Message added by Foxx,

On 11/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, devnull said:

Thoughts on CRO?

CRO runs on it's own blockchain. Has it's own mobile payments app. I don't know how widely accepted their payment platform. I suspect not very but what they do offer is the ability to buy gift cards that can then be used to purchase items. I think they have a 20% rebate for the purchase of those gift cards but I believe you need to participate in the staking aspect to reap that rebate.

It is also a passive investment vehicle. Whereby you can earn rewards by staking. I believe the minimum to stake would be 10,000 CRO ( I could be mistaken about that though), which is then unable to be utilized while in the staking protocol. 

There is some big money behind this venture, as the Staples center is now the Crypto.com Arena.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

CRO runs on it's own blockchain. Has it's own mobile payments app. I don't know how widely accepted their payment platform. I suspect not very but what they do offer is the ability to buy gift cards that can then be used to purchase items. I think they have a 20% rebate for the purchase of those gift cards but I believe you need to participate in the staking aspect to reap that rebate.

It is also a passive investment vehicle. Whereby you can earn rewards by staking. I believe the minimum to stake would be 10,000 CRO ( I could be mistaken about that though), which is then unable to be utilized while in the staking protocol. 

There is some big money behind this venture, as the Staples center is now the Crypto.com Arena.

I like it. Just bought $25 worth for my holding wallet. 

• Like 1

i am going to begin accepting crypto for my business. 

Suggestions? I think Bitcoin and ether are no brainers. I’m concerned about alt coins though — but I think if I take a billion doge for a transaction it’s not that risky if I convert to buy or ether, right? 

53 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

i am going to begin accepting crypto for my business. 

Suggestions? I think Bitcoin and ether are no brainers. I’m concerned about alt coins though — but I think if I take a billion doge for a transaction it’s not that risky if I convert to buy or ether, right? 

Anytime one accepts a speculative vehicle, there is an inherent risk involved. For this reason, many companies who accept crypto, partner with a payment processor who turns it into fiat for them so as to lesson the involved risk. You could always do this yourself, you just have to be proficient enough to understand protocols for the transfer of said crypto, and have a secure wallet to store them in (again, and I can't stress this enough, if you don't have the keys to the wallet, the contents are not really yours). There are processing (miner) fees on both sides of any transaction (receipt and sale thereof) but they should be well below what credit card companies and/or payment processors charge you. Lots of factors involved with those processing fees that will ultimately determine what the costs associated with them will be but they can be mitigated depending upon what practices and tolerances one might have.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Anytime one accepts a speculative vehicle, there is an inherent risk involved. For this reason, many companies who accept crypto, partner with a payment processor who turns it into fiat for them so as to lesson the involved risk. You could always do this yourself, you just have to be proficient enough to understand protocols for the transfer of said crypto, and have a secure wallet to store them in (again, and I can't stress this enough, if you don't have the keys to the wallet, the contents are not really yours). There are processing (miner) fees on both sides of any transaction (receipt and sale thereof) but they should be well below what credit card companies and/or payment processors charge you. Lots of factors involved with those processing fees that will ultimately determine what the costs associated with them will be but they can be mitigated depending upon what practices and tolerances one might have.

Wanna know why I am the way I am -- an extremist? I was poor. No risk-it, no biscuit. 

When I say I have no fear to put all my chips in, I ain't lying. Backbreaking work will never lead to extreme wealth. So how did others get there? A lot are old money, and if you trace the history of their money what you find is there was an ancestor of the old money people who wasn't rich...and that ancestor risked it for a biscuit. Cross the Rubicon, but be ready to pay the piper if ya fail. 

As an expert at being poor....it doesn't scare me. 

I’m betting that less than 5% of my 2022 customers will opt to pay in crypto. I will not turn my Bitcoin into Biden Bucks. I bet Bitcoin will go up. All Bitcoin transactions will be for holding. If I give a man 15% off for Bitcoin on a $10000 purchase, I’m holding that. And in 2025/2030, I’m gettin my gamble pays off. 

The_Duderino’s manifesto,

Friends, others whom despise me… I plead that if you are not yet into crypto you look into for these reasons:

1. There’s tangible value in these products

2. I’m betting on people over the Biden buck

3. I believe it’s the future of handling ones money

4. I believe that the amount of people who use crypto will skyrocket in the coming years and that will make those jumping in now wealthy

5. This is the last call for the new money getaways. As crypto gains steam, it’s epic gains will wain as it becomes mainstream. 
6. Civil disobedience. FUCH the government. They can lock your bank account but they CANNOT take your crypto. 

Edited by The_Dude

1 hour ago, devnull said:

A friend of mine talked me into Shiba a couple weeks ago.

Next time I see him, he owes me lunch....for a month:facepalm:

Bruh, no! 

I think Doge is funny. But a coin has to have utility before I buy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ay caramba. 

Since December the downturn has been harsh. None more so than today though, as all major coins are down double digit percent. 

20 hours ago, Foxx said:

Ay caramba. 

Since December the downturn has been harsh. None more so than today though, as all major coins are down double digit percent. 

It's been a painful start to the year across the board.   Starting to wonder when a housing correction is coming (as the wife talks about upgrading!).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It's been a painful start to the year across the board.   Starting to wonder when a housing correction is coming (as the wife talks about upgrading!).

The major coins are all down double digits today as well. I'm not sure what is happening. Attempts to shake out the weak hands(?).

There has to be a housing correction soon. Of course, who the hell really knows.