Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Panthers Week 15: The Aftermath

Ann

Either the Bengals or the Broncos have to drop a game today. Both 7-6, so that’s nice! We just need to peak at the right time, and next week is HUGE! Get some revenge for a freaky game last time around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Either the Bengals or the Broncos have to drop a game today. Both 7-6, so that’s nice! We just need to peak at the right time, and next week is HUGE! Get some revenge for a freaky game last time around. 

Well, unless it is a tie, that will happen. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Agree.  Daboll is not an impressive OC for a number of reasons, use of Davis vs Sanders is just one of them.

Not sure what has happened with Daboll, but I suspect the death of his grandparents has something to do with that. I know personally how losing someone I'm very close to can affect you. And for him, he lost 2 right after each other.

But I think a part of it is on Josh. We've had some tough losses this year and at least a couple rest on his shoulders so I think that has shaken his confidence a bit. Hopefully this game gives him some of that back with next week looming so large.

Just now, Cinga said:

Not sure what has happened with Daboll, but I suspect the death of his grandparents has something to do with that. I know personally how losing someone I'm very close to can affect you. And for him, he lost 2 right after each other.

But I think a part of it is on Josh. We've had some tough losses this year and at least a couple rest on his shoulders so I think that has shaken his confidence a bit. Hopefully this game gives him some of that back with next week looming so large.

Losing family could explain some of it, which is tough if you're close to them.

I think Josh doesn't trust the Oline, which has greatly regressed, so I can't pin too much of this on Josh.  He is the offense this year given he has minimal help while holding the ball in the back field.  Daboll's offensive design hasn't helped either, for the first half of the season, he seemed to give up on running the ball yet still looks to throw intermediate to long. 

Daboll doesn't adjust to the cover 2 shell preventing the longer passes by not putting more short, quick passes in his plan.  I think McD told him to knock it off with the gimmick plays and start to the run the ball.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
42 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

#FreeGabe

I don’t think he’s free, but he’s probably inexpensive.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I don’t think he’s free, but he’s probably inexpensive.

Well, get him before inflation jacks the price up any further

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Huntley has played surprisingly well in the few opportunities, but against Green Bay I would expect even Lamar to have troubles. Could still be a good game though

I'm starting to think Huntley might be a better passer than Lamar. I know it's a small sample size, but he seems to move the offense more consistently, and without the benefit of opposing defenses selling out to stop the run.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I'm starting to think Huntley might be a better passer than Lamar. I know it's a small sample size, but he seems to move the offense more consistently, and without the benefit of opposing defenses selling out to stop the run.

You might be right, but in both cases unfortunately they have Roman of the read option offense as OC so we may never know. I think both QBs have the ability to make all the NFL throws, but Bills fans know Roman tends to play half the field on passing downs limiting the number of reads his QBs make. If he would instead teach them to read the field, go through their progressions, they could be amazing pocket QBs I think.

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

You might be right, but in both cases unfortunately they have Roman of the read option offense as OC so we may never know. I think both QBs have the ability to make all the NFL throws, but Bills fans know Roman tends to play half the field on passing downs limiting the number of reads his QBs make. If he would instead teach them to read the field, go through their progressions, they could be amazing pocket QBs I think.

I doubt Lamar has the ability to be that kind of passer. I  can't say for sure, but I imagine once age and injury sap some of his athletic ability he'll flounder in mediocrity until he hangs it up.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I doubt Lamar has the ability to be that kind of passer. I  can't say for sure, but I imagine once age and injury sap some of his athletic ability he'll flounder in mediocrity until he hangs it up.

That would not shock me. Then he can have houses around the world or live on his private island somewhere. I don’t begrudge them the money at all, it’s just interesting to see how the league, the passing emphasis and the salary cap have all evolved together. Is his mother still his agent?  

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

I'm of the opinion that Josh has taken a small step backwards this year. A small one, but signs that he has reverted in some ways to his early years. Not sure I see any real progression this year. Of course there are quite a few factors beyond his control that aren't helping, namely the offensive line. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Robs House said:

Huntley takes better care of the ball and doesn't make the dumb throwing lane decisions that Lamar makes.  Neither Lamar or Huntley will ever be a multi read QB, though.

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm of the opinion that Josh has taken a small step backwards this year. A small one, but signs that he has reverted in some ways to his early years. Not sure I see any real progression this year. Of course there are quite a few factors beyond his control that aren't helping, namely the offensive line. 

His numbers are so close to last year, I would not call it a step back. What he has learned? That is an interesting question.

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Losing family could explain some of it, which is tough if you're close to them.

I think Josh doesn't trust the Oline, which has greatly regressed, so I can't pin too much of this on Josh.  He is the offense this year given he has minimal help while holding the ball in the back field.  Daboll's offensive design hasn't helped either, for the first half of the season, he seemed to give up on running the ball yet still looks to throw intermediate to long. 

Daboll doesn't adjust to the cover 2 shell preventing the longer passes by not putting more short, quick passes in his plan.  I think McD told him to knock it off with the gimmick plays and start to the run the ball.

With very good reason! 

As one high school brainiac would say in geometry class “therefore, it is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer….” 

• Haha 1