Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Panthers Week 15: The Aftermath

Ann

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm of the opinion that Josh has taken a small step backwards this year. A small one, but signs that he has reverted in some ways to his early years. Not sure I see any real progression this year. Of course there are quite a few factors beyond his control that aren't helping, namely the offensive line. 

The fact that so many balls sailed high today, especially early, made me wonder about the foot injury and if it was affecting his mechanics. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

His numbers are so close to last year, I would not call it a step back. What he has learned? That is an interesting question.

The personal numbers may be close but the team numbers definitely aren't. As I think we talked a bit in another thread, his highs are higher and his lows are lower this year (which very well could equate to the numbers being very similar). Situational football. Again, it isn't a big step just small items that are hard to quantify, in my opinion. 

Just now, Foxx said:

The personal numbers may be close but the team numbers definitely aren't. As I think we talked a bit in another thread, his highs are higher and his lows are lower this year (which very well could equate to the n umbers being very similar). Situational football. Again, it isn't a big step just small items that are hard to quantify, in my opinion. 

So, he’s responsible for the play of the offensive line? The running backs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

The fact that so many balls sailed high today, especially early, made me wonder about the foot injury and if it was affecting his mechanics. 

Could be. Could also be sugar high Josh that likes to strike early in games until he settles down.

Just now, Ann said:

So, he’s responsible for the play of the offensive line? The running backs?

Umm, no. I think I mentioned that out of the box in my opening remarks in this conversation.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I said the same to my husband (his foot injury was an issue).

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm of the opinion that Josh has taken a small step backwards this year. A small one, but signs that he has reverted in some ways to his early years. Not sure I see any real progression this year. Of course there are quite a few factors beyond his control that aren't helping, namely the offensive line. 

Yeah, a bit I think but only because i think his confidence has taken a hit. I know all the complaints of the offensive line, but it's not all on them either. When I still lived back in WNY years ago, I lived out towards Fredonia so got to got to quite a few practices back in the day. Everyone's favorite was when they would practice the 2 minute drill and Marv had a 2.5 second horn that would blow a play dead, a win for the defense. 

Josh, for whatever reason isn't make those reads as fast to get the ball out quickly and that isn't all because of pressure. I don't have all-22 anymore to see coaches film but hard to believe at least 1 of our receivers isn't getting free in 2.5 seconds and I know Josh is holding it longer than than way too often.

Just now, Foxx said:

Umm, no. I think I mentioned that out of the box in my opening remarks in this conversation.

First you said he regressed a little, then the team had issues - and it read to me that he was responsible. 

From his numbers, he really has not regressed, even with three horrible weather games and some terrible o-line play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Yeah, a bit I think but only because i think his confidence has taken a hit. I know all the complaints of the offensive line, but it's not all on them either. When I still lived back in WNY years ago, I lived out towards Fredonia so got to got to quite a few practices back in the day. Everyone's favorite was when they would practice the 2 minute drill and Marv had a 2.5 second horn that would blow a play dead, a win for the defense. 

Josh, for whatever reason isn't make those reads as fast to get the ball out quickly and that isn't all because of pressure. I don't have all-22 anymore to see coaches film but hard to believe at least 1 of our receivers isn't getting free in 2.5 seconds and I know Josh is holding it longer than than way too often.

I do think there are plays when our receivers are not getting open. Just as there are plays when they are getting open but Josh doesn't see them for a myriad of reasons. Be it pressure or Josh just not seeing things because he has a predetermined receiver in mind, it is happening no doubt

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

First you said he regressed a little, then the team had issues - and it read to me that he was responsible. 

From his numbers, he really has not regressed, even with three horrible weather games and some terrible o-line play.

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

He regressed a small step but some factors of that regression are not his fault.

55 minutes ago, Ann said:

I remember that Twitter post comparing Josh's numbers from last year vs this year, and they were almost identical.  As simplistic as it sounds, the Oline regression is the difference.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Core Four said:

I remember that Twitter post comparing Josh's numbers from last year vs this year, and they were almost identical.  As simplistic as it sounds, the Oline regression is the difference.

Josh's numbers were slightly worse, by a fraction of a percent.

So he's regressed.

• Haha 1

DaBillsFanSince1973

These teams would be on the outside looking in if the season ended today.

going from a possible team to represent the afc in the superbowl at the beginning of the season to outside looking in by week 15.

dropped to # 8

here I thought it was a good thing they won while pats, titans and ravens all lost.

that's what happens when you're 5-5 in the conference.

winning in foxboro to keep hopes alive, not this season, not with this bills team.

team has been such a disappointment this season, to say the least.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

These teams would be on the outside looking in if the season ended today.

going from a possible team to represent the afc in the superbowl at the beginning of the season to outside looking in by week 15.

dropped to # 8

here I thought it was a good thing they won while pats, titans and ravens all lost.

that's what happens when you're 5-5 in the conference.

winning in foxboro to keep hopes alive, not this season, not with this bills team.

team has been such a disappointment this season, to say the least.

They’re back to #7 with Baltimore losing.

DaBillsFanSince1973
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

They’re back to #7 with Baltimore losing.

thing is. they are backing in. I've never been a fan of backing in to the playoffs, never.

they should be at 1, 2 or 3 seed and then there wouldn't be this jumping from 7 to 8 and back to 7 again.

losing 5 conference games has come back to haunt them. lose on the 26th, stick a fork in them.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thing is. they are backing in. I've never been a fan of backing in to the playoffs, never.

they should be at 1, 2 or 3 seed and then there wouldn't be this jumping from 7 to 8 and back to 7 again.

losing 5 conference games has come back to haunt them. lose on the 26th, stick a fork in them.

Do not disagree. If they had won even  two of those five one-score losses, we would all feel differently.