Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England: Week 16 Game Week Thread

Ann

DaBillsFanSince1973

the game is real important as far as the implications involved. lose, look to next season, seriously. those in favor of waiting on other teams to lose or win and backing in to the playoffs, you may still have hope.

win, you'll then need to beat the jets week 17 to take the division and also have a more solid position in the playoff bracket.

for me, it was the last meeting on mnf that was a tough game to lose but following the game in the early morning hours I lost a childhood friend who was at the game and passed away unexpectedly, that was even harder to take in. he was a die hard life long bills fan who left this earth too soon. I realized then how short life is and football, well, it's not all that important really.

maybe they can find a way to win but I am not all that enthusiastic about this bills team when it comes to playing a contender and like it or not, the pats this season have proven to be a contender while the bills just have not been able to find a way to beat the contenders.

aside from the win against the chiefs early in the season where at the time one may of thought they may now be able to keep up with the big dogs unfortunately they have failed since to beat a contender.

meanwhile, kc is the number one seed and the bills, well, their hanging on, barely, to the 7th seed.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

for me, it was the last meeting on mnf that was a tough game to lose but following the game in the early morning hours I lost a childhood friend who was at the game and passed away unexpectedly, that was even harder to take in. he was a die hard life long bills fan who left this earth too soon. I realized then how short life is and football, well, it's not all that important really.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

DaBillsFanSince1973
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

thanks man. seems too many are leaving too soon from my generation of friends. I'm 60 and just waiting for my turn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thanks man. seems too many are leaving too soon from my generation of friends. I'm 60 and just waiting for my turn.

I know the feeling my friend. Just lost another uncle this morning a little after 5 AM.  While I won't put all the blame on Covid because he had a bad heart. Their whole immediate family in Buffalo has it so it was a contributing factor. The last time we talked a couple weeks ago he said he hopes we can win one before he goes (Superbowl). Sigh...

We get enough Bills fans in heaven somethings got to give right?  

Edited by Figster
  • Sad 3

DaBillsFanSince1973
51 minutes ago, Figster said:

I know the feeling my friend. Just lost another uncle this morning a little after 5 AM.  While I won't put all the blame on Covid because he had a bad heart. Their whole immediate family in Buffalo has it so it was a contributing factor. The last time we talked a couple weeks ago he said he hopes we can win one before he goes (Superbowl). Sigh...

We get enough Bills fans in heaven somethings got to give right?  

sorry for your loss, man

https://www.outkick.com/chiefs-covid-delay-steelers-postpone/

So it’s a full-blown COVID outbreak in Kansas City. Even with updated COVID protocols that allow players to return after one negative test, the Chiefs will likely be without several key players for this Sunday’s game against the Steelers, a game with significant playoff implications. Moreover, Chiefs-Steelers will air nationally at 4:25 ET on CBS in a standalone window for most of the country.

Next, the league should quickly postpone Chiefs-Steelers and play the game on Tuesday, December 28.

In the meantime — as we knock on wood that no other team gets hit hard this week — the NFL can move Bills-Patriots, with the AFC East on the line, to the 4:25 ET national window. CBS will carry both Bills-Patriots and Chiefs-Steelers this week, making the switch an easy adjustment.

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Posted this in the covid thread too.

Why do I suspect they're going to "randomly test" the Bills every goddamn day this week.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Why do I suspect they're going to "randomly test" the Bills every goddamn day this week.  

This could get ugly quickly, especially during the playoffs. I am sure a lot of people will keep close watch on who the randoms are (Beasley isn't one of them - as an un-vaccinated player he will be tested all the time), and if one team/player is singled out...

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Ann said:

This could get ugly quickly, especially during the playoffs. I am sure a lot of people will keep close watch on who the randoms are (Beasley isn't one of them - as an un-vaccinated player he will be tested all the time), and if one team/player is singled out...

They're not "random," though.  It's "strategic, targeted testing" based on some algorithm (which I read about earlier today,  but am not finding now) that considers factors such as the team and staff COVID status and vaccination rates to determine who should be tested.

So I'm guessing we'll see Diggs, Davis, Knox, Singletary, etc., selected for "strategic, targeted testing" Saturday night or Sunday morning at the latest.  Because this, far more so than officiating, is an excellent way to manipulate the game.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Wow 1

This covid "random testing" program/algorithm is BS.  So we now have Cole Beasley, Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano, AJE, and Tyrel Dodson on the reserve/covid list.  That's a lot and it really impacts teams.  BTW, how is Dawkins still on the reserve/covid list?  He's been vaccinated and he's had covid so he should have natural immunity.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Core Four said:

This covid "random testing" program/algorithm is BS.  So we now have Cole Beasley, Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano, AJE, and Tyrel Dodson on the reserve/covid list.  That's a lot and it really impacts teams.  BTW, how is Dawkins still on the reserve/covid list?  He's been vaccinated and he's had covid so he should have natural immunity.

Feliciano posted this on twitter today. Sounds like he was/is sick.

fel.jpg.405279cb7c2dba54cdf9053ff9a61904.jpg

• Cheers 2