Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England: Week 16 Game Week Thread

Ann

1 hour ago, Ann said:

This could get ugly quickly, especially during the playoffs. I am sure a lot of people will keep close watch on who the randoms are (Beasley isn't one of them - as an un-vaccinated player he will be tested all the time), and if one team/player is singled out...

or if they randomly increase the cycle count to generate more false postives

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

for me, it was the last meeting on mnf that was a tough game to lose but following the game in the early morning hours I lost a childhood friend who was at the game and passed away unexpectedly, that was even harder to take in. he was a die hard life long bills fan who left this earth too soon. I realized then how short life is and football, well, it's not all that important really.

Man, it is tough! You are so correct. This is just a game. Life is real. Sorry for the loss you feel. Thats tough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

This covid "random testing" program/algorithm is BS.  So we now have Cole Beasley, Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano, AJE, and Tyrel Dodson on the reserve/covid list.  That's a lot and it really impacts teams.  BTW, how is Dawkins still on the reserve/covid list?  He's been vaccinated and he's had covid so he should have natural immunity.

Of these, we know that Beasley will miss the game. It doesn't appear that Mongo will play either but because of new protocols, possibly could. As for the rest, depending upon their vaccination status and test results, they too may be able to play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Core Four said:

This covid "random testing" program/algorithm is BS.  So we now have Cole Beasley, Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano, AJE, and Tyrel Dodson on the reserve/covid list.  That's a lot and it really impacts teams.  BTW, how is Dawkins still on the reserve/covid list?  He's been vaccinated and he's had covid so he should have natural immunity.

any natural immunity was compromised by the jab

2 hours ago, Core Four said:

In a social media post, Beasley referenced a vaxxed teammate that is in the hospital right now with covid.. not sure if he’s talking about Dion or not. 

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

In a social media post, Beasley referenced a vaxxed teammate that is in the hospital right now with covid.. not sure if he’s talking about Dion or not. 

The comments (the Covid thread has more)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Foxx said:

I think a valid argument could be made that Kendrick is more valuable to that offense than Beasley is to ours. They don't have the receiving corps we do.

Diggs and Sanders will be on the COVID list by Sunday morning, though.  

And the Cheaters will just run the ball down the Bills' throats again anyway.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Diggs and Sanders will be on the COVID list by Sunday morning, though.  

And the Cheaters will just run the ball down the Bills' throats again anyway.

:wrong:

• Haha 2

Ah. The Boston "media." :vomit:  This is some hot take:

Bills’ Super Bowl window is closed

</snip>

Last season the Bills only lost four games, including the AFC Championship game to the Chiefs. Following an offseason of being hailed as the AFC favorites, the layup pick to win the AFC East, and an onslaught of Josh Allen MVP predictions, the Bills have already lost six games this season.

The Allen-McDermott Bills peaked last season. Allen was in the third year of his rookie deal and the uptick in his play was enough to offset the defense taking a relative step back from what it had been the previous two seasons.

</snip>

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

:wave:

Not sure if you mean me, but hello!

Welcome back.

So, do you think the Pats will have more "quintessentially Belicheckian" (quoting SI) failures against the Bills this week like they did against the Colts last week?

21 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

:wave:

Not sure if you mean me, but hello!

You’re the only person on the board that told me to go drink a 6 pack of Genessee Cream Ale, so who else would i be referring to? Btw - they dont sell it in Connecticut where I live.

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Welcome back.

So, do you think the Pats will have more "quintessentially Belicheckian" (quoting SI) failures against the Bills this week like they did against the Colts last week?

I was not a fan of some of the decisions made last week. I think the decision to kick the FG was the wrong one.  He explained his logic and I get it, but I disagree.  

You see, that is the Bellichick way. When opposing coaches don't screw up it makes it hard because one of his strategies is to sit low and wait for the other side line to blow up. Frank Reich is a smart cat. 

The team seems to grow more from defeat than they do winning.  Think there is much to learn from the Colts game.  Hopefully they do.

37 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You’re the only person on the board that told me to go drink a 6 pack of Genessee Cream Ale, so who else would i be referring to? Btw - they dont sell it in Connecticut where I live.

I dated a girl from NY in college.  I loved visiting her fam and the coinciding GCL that was available there but not in MA.