Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Plans for Christmas?

mead107

Bah humbug!

Just kidding. Missed a family celebration this past Saturday due catching the wife's illness last week. Will more than likely just have a quiet one like we usually do here for the actual day.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

The usual.  Stay home, play with the cats, work.

Most of the family still won't talk to me over their mistaken belief that I'm a Trump supporter.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The usual.  Stay home, play with the cats, work.

Most of the family still won't talk to me over their mistaken belief that I'm a Trump supporter.

Why would anyone hold that for or against anyone anyway? I know a family that voted for Biden. Just because they were all dead when they did it I dont hold it against them. How dumb!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Before last year when half of the family got Covid including us we would all gather at Mom and Dad's and enjoy a Fish and pasta dinner like every italian does. There would be my parents, their 5 sons, their 17 grand children and 17 great grand children along with a few friends. With Dads passing mom just isnt feeling it. We 5 sons are discussing showing up with pies and goodies anyway. We shall see.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Christmas Eve is the big one in our family. We will have a bunch over for for dinner. It is our last time hosting as we plan on relocating this year.

• Like 2

As usual will miss my sibs and family on the east coast, but wife and kids will bring the spirit and energy.  My older aunt/uncle will be with us, he'll bring a nice Bordeaux to go with the filet.

Day after XMAS we'll head to Tahoe where there is now tons of new snow.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/22/2021 at 5:09 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Working... Overnights.  Thursday thru Monday morning. Probably why I am up know... Getting my internal clock ready. 

The water never stops! Kudos on pulling the midnight oil.

• FANtastic 1

Tense standoff among close relatives.  Already told the wife we are only staying 2-2 1/2 hours.  The peacemakers and general smooth blankets that make get together's go well are no longer with us unfortunately.  

ExiledInIllinois
11 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

The water never stops! Kudos on pulling the midnight oil.

The water stops... But the shipping doesn't.   Lotta petrol-chem & road salt this time of year...  Hope we don't need the road salt as much this year!

• Like 1