Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

USATSI_13097024.jpg

© JAMIE GERMANO - USA TODAY Sports

Time for the 2022 thread. I do not think there will be many openings this year, but ya never know!

Remember, there have been hiring/interview changes and interviews can start soon (last two weeks of the season).

USATSI_16832315.jpg

© Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

If Leslie Frazier gets a HC job the Bills get draft picks:

Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

According to the resolution, a team is eligible to receive draft pick compensation if the candidate in question has been "employed by the employer-club for a minimum of two years." There can be no break in employment between teams.

Current Head Coaching Vacancies

● Jacksonville Jaguars ✔️
● Las Vegas Raiders ✔️

● Denver Broncos ✔️
Minnesota Vikings

Chicago Bears ✔️
Miami Dolphins ✔️

New Orleans Saints ✔️

● New York Giants ✔️

Houston Texans ✔️

Possible Vacancies

● Chicago Bears  (I was surprised Nagy wasn't fired last year!) fired

Does Pete Carroll survive? Does Kevin Stefanski get another year?

What say you!?  Who do you think fires their current head coach? Does Daboll leave? Does Frazier leave? If so, where do they end up?

New York Giants plan to bring back Joe Judge...

The New York Giants are planning to bring back head coach Joe Judge and quarterback Daniel Jones for the 2022 season, league sources tell ESPN.

The Giants believe both Judge and Jones deserve the opportunity to demonstrate their talents next season, even though New York already has been eliminated from the playoffs and has clinched a fifth consecutive season with double-digit losses.

The Giants still are expected to have difficult conversations with multiple members of the organization in an attempt to diagnose all that has gone wrong in recent seasons, and Judge will be a key part of those conversations.

</snip>

Makes sense for the Giants to keep Judge.  To me that situation seems like a case of bad talent acquisition in general, and at QB they are stuck in the dreaded "not bad enough to dump because there is no better option available, but not good enough to ever get them over the hump".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Say goodbye to Mitch if that should happen. 

I think Mitch is a goner anyways. He just stopped to recharge his batteries and get rid of that stench. 

Just now, Foxx said:

I think Mitch is a goner anyways. He just stopped to recharge his batteries and get rid of that stench. 

Probably so. Probably so. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 12:26 PM, Foxx said:

On 12/26/2021 at 12:54 PM, Ann said:

They should hire him!

On 12/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, devnull said:

Jags are gonna hire Byron Leftwich

If they are going to hire Leftwich they don't need t interview Frazier to comply with the Rooney rule. I just don't see Leftwich ready yet. This youth movement for coaches is going to ruin too many up and coming I'm afraid. Leslie easily deserves another shot as a HC and just might be a good fit for the Jags. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Cinga said:

If they are going to hire Leftwich they don't need t interview Frazier to comply with the Rooney rule. I just don't see Leftwich ready yet. This youth movement for coaches is going to ruin too many up and coming I'm afraid. Leslie easily deserves another shot as a HC and just might be a good fit for the Jags. 

I thought the changed the Rooney rule recently so that teams had to interview two black candidates?

• Wow 1