Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

53 minutes ago, Ann said:

In other news, Tom Brady has been awarded a 3rd round comp pick for hiring a minority head coach.

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Not exactly, but close. Tom and Byron staged a mutiny early in Brady’s first season, and changed the offense against Arians’ stated wishes.

Embarrassed to admit I completely got Bowles and Leftwich confused. I remember you (and/or someone else) talking about the Tom/Byron mutiny a while ago, and for some reason I replaced Leftwich with Bowles. No, not that reason, says the Italian.

Now I'm a bit disappointed because I know Leftwich is on a trajectory to get a HC position, and it would have been great for him to get that job in TB instead of Bowles. I watched enough of Bowles on the sideline to lack much confidence in him at the top spot.

This is probably where someone tells me that Bowles stats aren't as bad as they seem, and yes, it was the Jets, but the Leftwich hiring would have been a good look for everyone in a league that needs a good look.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is probably where someone tells me that Bowles stats aren't as bad as they seem, and yes, it was the Jets, but the Leftwich hiring would have been a good look for everyone in a league that needs a good look.

I went over to Jets Nation after this happened yesterday (the non-crazy Jets board) to get their opinions on Todd Bowles. They seemed divided on Bowles got a raw deal in Jersey versus Bowles is a bad coach. I hope it is the latter, and Brady doesn't make the playoffs! :cheer2: Maybe he'll retire for good then.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Ann said:

I went over to Jets Nation after this happened yesterday (the non-crazy Jets board) to get their opinions on Todd Bowles. They seemed divided on Bowles got a raw deal in Jersey versus Bowles is a bad coach. I hope it is the latter, and Brady doesn't make the playoffs! :cheer2: Maybe he'll retire for good then.

I still want Brady to make the playoffs.  I want him to make the Superbowl.

Then get his ass pummeled by the Bills on the way to a 47-3 Bills Superbowl victory.  I want his career to end with the Bills not knocking him out of the game, not knocking him out of the league, but knocking Brady's candy-ass off the &#%$ing continent in a championship game.

• Cheers 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Then get his ass pummeled by the Bills on the way to a 47-3 Bills Superbowl victory.  I want his career to end with the Bills not knocking him out of the game, not knocking him out of the league, but knocking Brady's candy-ass off the &#%$ing continent in a championship game.

We would need to change the way we play defense for this to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I strongly disagree.

I understand your sentiment perfectly, but

I think a more fitting (and embarrassing) way for the GOAT to go out would be to have a piss poor season and not even make the playoffs.

For God's sake 23rd season ? How much does his ego need to be fed ?

So as much as I would like Josh and the Bills to end his career I would prefer he fades out as a loser.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I hope he gets carted off and walks the rest of his life with a severe limp.  Yeah, I said it.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I strongly disagree.

I think a more fitting (and embarrassing) way for the GOAT to go out would be to have a piss poor season and not even make the playoffs.

So as much as I would like Josh and the Bills to end his career I would prefer he fades out as a loser.

I understand that.  

But I don't want him embarrassed.  I want his cheating ass punished, in a way that exorcises 20 years of demons.  We did that to Belichick in the playoffs last year.  Now it's Brady's turn.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I strongly disagree.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Im 100% entrenched in @Crap Throwing Monkeycorner on this one. 

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hope he gets carted off and walks the rest of his life with a severe limp.  Yeah, I said it.

Also acceptable if that pretty-boy face is permanently scarred.  

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Core Four said:

We would need to change the way we play defense for this to happen.

Alex, I'll take Cour Fore Comments You Knew Were Coming Long Before They Arrived for $200.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

On 3/31/2022 at 6:47 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I understand that.  

But I don't want him embarrassed.  I want his cheating ass punished, in a way that exorcises 20 years of demons.  We did that to Belichick in the playoffs last year.  Now it's Brady's turn.

would be a hoot for him to be knocked silly and his helmet goes flying right close to an NFL mike

and before cutting to commercial, the world hears all sorts of chatter on Tom's helmet mike, that was supposed to be shut off after 15 seconds 

then Hyde walks over, picks up the helmet, and says: "That was a a blitz, Tom"

• 6 months later...

the 2023 HC searching has started.

interesting that the short list below is made up of primarily defensive guys.

In a passing league where developing a QB is critical, when does it make sense to hire a defensive expert? 

Other than McD, what defensive HCs hired in the last 5 years have been successful?

of course, most of the HC hired from the other side of the ball have been offensive as well.

https://theathletic.com/3677153/2022/10/10/panthers-coach-candidates-demeco-ryans-dan-quinn/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

The Panthers are compiling a list of candidates to replace head coach Matt Rhule, who was fired Monday morning amid his third season on the job.

After speaking to several executives around the NFL, here’s a list of coaches who are generating the most buzz.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn

49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans

Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon

Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris

Sean Payton

Steelers senior defensive assistant and linebackers coach Brian Flores

Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

the 2023 HC searching has started.

interesting that the short list below is made up of primarily defensive guys.

In a passing league where developing a QB is critical, when does it make sense to hire a defensive expert? 

Other than McD, what defensive HCs hired in the last 5 years have been successful?

of course, most of the HC hired from the other side of the ball have been offensive as well.

https://theathletic.com/3677153/2022/10/10/panthers-coach-candidates-demeco-ryans-dan-quinn/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

The Panthers are compiling a list of candidates to replace head coach Matt Rhule, who was fired Monday morning amid his third season on the job.

After speaking to several executives around the NFL, here’s a list of coaches who are generating the most buzz.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn

49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans

Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon

Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris

Sean Payton

Steelers senior defensive assistant and linebackers coach Brian Flores

Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy

Make a 2023 thread, please!

• Like 1