Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

56 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Yeah, losing the coordinator for the #1 offense in the league is great

Yup, it sure would be! FWIW, they aren't #1

Billsandhorns
3 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Yup, it sure would be! FWIW, they aren't #1

I stand corrected Top 5 in the league, where were they prior to 2018 and him being hired as OC? 

2 hours ago, Ann said:

The NY Post blames Gettleman. The NY Post is not wrong, and the Bills Fans everywhere thank him.

nypost.jpg.ef7a3ad37e413a009a0d360952161030.jpg

Hindsight is 2020

Taken into perspective , the 2018 Giants were not in the QB market as Eli Manning had not yet dropped off the cliff

And for a Bills analogy: in 2017 the Bills had the opportunity to draft Patrick Mahomes but chose to trade down.  After trading down the Bills could have selected TJ Watt but opted for Tredavious White

41 minutes ago, devnull said:

Hindsight is 2020

Taken into perspective , the 2018 Giants were not in the QB market as Eli Manning had not yet dropped off the cliff

And for a Bills analogy: in 2017 the Bills had the opportunity to draft Patrick Mahomes but chose to trade down.  After trading down the Bills could have selected TJ Watt but opted for Tredavious White

In 2018 there was an expectation that the Giants would draft an heir to Eli, which they did in Kyle Lauletta in the 4th round.  Lauletta was waived in 2019.  The Giants could have drafted anyone except Mayfield, who the Browns selected first overall.  It really was a head scratching decision to pick a QB in 2018 in the 4th round with Allen, Jackson, Darnold, and Rosen all there with the 2nd overall pick, but instead took a RB.

Fortunately Gettleman wasn't the best at drafting and I'm happy with the way things turned out that draft, we got the right guy for our franchise QB.

I may get bashed for this, but I'm rather have TJ Watt over Tre White.  Both are very good players, but I think TJ Watt is better at his position.  The way things worked out for the Bills between the 2017 and 2018 drafts ended up being very fortunate.

2 minutes ago, Core Four said:

In 2018 there was an expectation that the Giants would draft an heir to Eli, which they did in Kyle Lauletta in the 4th round.  Lauletta was waived in 2019.  The Giants could have drafted anyone except Mayfield, who the Browns selected first overall.  It really was a head scratching decision to pick a QB in 2018 in the 4th round with Allen, Jackson, Darnold, and Rosen all there with the 2nd overall pick, but instead took a RB.

Okay, I'll bite.

Let's say that the Giants go QB in 2018.  Again, Hindsight says Allen.  But in context Big Blue isn't going to take a raw JuCo transfer from Wyoming over a polished pro ready grom USC.

does Darnold play out any better with Jersey A as he did with Jersey B?

8 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I may get bashed for this, but I'm rather have TJ Watt over Tre White.  Both are very good players, but I think TJ Watt is better at his position.  The way things worked out for the Bills between the 2017 and 2018 drafts ended up being very fortunate.

I'm with you on this.  Nothing against Tre White.  He is an elite CB and I'm glad his is with the Bills. 

But TJ Watt is a game changer

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, devnull said:

Let's say that the Giants go QB in 2018.  Again, Hindsight says Allen.  But in context Big Blue isn't going to take a raw JuCo transfer from Wyoming over a polished pro ready grom USC.

No one knows how the Giants graded Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, etc.  Mayfield may have been their top graded QB, and once he was off the board they could have figured there was a big drop-off where they would rather have the top graded RB.  Maybe a far fetched example by me but it's not worse than taking a RB with the 2nd overall pick when they needed to plan for Eli's replacement - in a very good QB draft, none the less.  Bottom line is Gettleman f'd up and they know it in NY.

Would Darnold be better with NYG than NYJ?  Impossible to say, but remember, Adam Gase 'developed' Darnold which was probably very detrimental to his development as a pro QB.  At the very least, Darnold probably would not have been worse at NYG; at least he would have sat behind Eli for a year or two which he probably needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Fortunately Gettleman wasn't the best at drafting and I'm happy with the way things turned out that draft, we got the right guy for our franchise QB.

TJ Watt is a self aggrandizing douche.  Don’t underestimate the tone Tre helped set in the Bills locker room.  He wasn’t the only one but he was and is an important part.  On the field he is great.  Off the field he is clearly loved by his teammates.  That is not meaningless.  Watt may be hungry but humble is not a word he understands.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, devnull said:

Okay, I'll bite.

I'm with you on this.  Nothing against Tre White.  He is an elite CB and I'm glad his is with the Bills. 

But TJ Watt is a game changer

100% on both of these.  Giants never would have taken Allen.

And yeah, I love Tre too, but TJ Watt is one of the best players in the league.