Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official 'Other Games' Thread - Week - 17

Foxx

21 minutes ago, devnull said:

ESPN announcer on Wyatt Teller...Stolen from the Buffalo Bills

He's about the only one worth anything on the Browns Oline.  

2 hours ago, devnull said:

ESPN announcer on Wyatt Teller...Stolen from the Buffalo Bills

Except we got Diggs with that trade and didn’t get Antonio Brown. So, bad on Bills… sure. 

Weird game last night.

I get the idea of hoisting up Ben for the final lap, but where do you go from here if you're Pittsburgh? I think everyone knows neither Haskins nor Rudolph is starter material, and the team has been just good enough to end up with a bunch of mid-round draft picks. They will pick about #15 in 2022, and don't have a 4th or 5th pick. Hell, I'm not even sure if there are any good QBs coming out next year.

On the other hand, at least you don't have to deal with a QB who, by game's end was averaging something like 2.8 yards per throw.

On the other side of the ball, I get that the Brown's Oline is beat up, but what I saw was really bad decisions and throws by Mayfield, really bad play calling by the OC and really, really bad game planning by Stefanski. How do you not plan to run one of the best backs in the league down the throat of one of the worst run Ds in the league?

I guess they have to wait to see if shoulder surgery for Mayfield will change things.

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Weird game last night.

I get the idea of hoisting up Ben for the final lap, but where do you go from here if you're Pittsburgh? I think everyone knows neither Haskins nor Rudolph is starter material, and the team has been just good enough to end up with a bunch of mid-round draft picks. They will pick about #15 in 2022, and don't have a 4th or 5th pick. Hell, I'm not even sure if there are any good QBs coming out next year.

On the other hand, at least you don't have to deal with a QB who, by game's end was averaging something like 2.8 yards per throw.

On the other side of the ball, I get that the Brown's Oline is beat up, but what I saw was really bad decisions and throws by Mayfield, really bad play calling by the OC and really, really bad game planning by Stefanski. How do you not plan to run one of the best backs in the league down the throat of one of the worst run Ds in the league?

I guess they have to wait to see if shoulder surgery for Mayfield will change things.

Pittsburgh doesn't have any one on their current roster to take over for Ben.  One theory is Jimmy G coming over to Pittsburgh from SF.  Another is Russel Wilson, though I think he ends up in NO.  FA is probably their best bet as I recently heard that this is not a good year for QBs in the draft.

Pittsburgh didn't have too much of a problem stopping Chubb...12 for 58.  The Browns on the other hand got crushed by Harris...28 for 188.

IMO, Baker isn't as bad as he appeared last night, he's been pummeled all year long.  I think Cleveland can get better next season.  Pittsburgh on the other hand, I can see them being worse next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Pittsburgh doesn't have any one on their current roster to take over for Ben.  One theory is Jimmy G coming over to Pittsburgh from SF.  Another is Russel Wilson, though I think he ends up in NO.  FA is probably their best bet as I recently heard that this is not a good year for QBs in the draft.

Tomlin has said hinted that he does not want to start over with a rookie QB.  Jimmy G, Wilson, and Rodgers have been rumored to the Steelers.   

Another rumor I have heard from Steeler fans is that Tomlin may try a reclamation project like what Sean Payton did to Jameis Winston.  Maybe try to resurrect someone like Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, or... Mitchell Trubisky

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, devnull said:

Tomlin has said hinted that he does not want to start over with a rookie QB.  Jimmy G, Wilson, and Rodgers have been rumored to the Steelers.   

Another rumor I have heard from Steeler fans is that Tomlin may try a reclamation project like what Sean Payton did to Jameis Winston.  Maybe try to resurrect someone like Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, or... Mitchell Trubisky

Those names mentioned all make sense.  Either way, I do think the next Steeler QB won't be a rookie.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
53 minutes ago, devnull said:

During Rodgers segment, he commented that he had a copy of Atlas Shrugged on his bookshelf

The woke mob are aghast

I am so cancelled if people ever find out I have a copy of Mein Kampf on my bookshelf.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I am so cancelled if people ever find out I have a copy of Mein Kampf on my bookshelf.

I imagine an egghead like you probably has an autographed copy.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I imagine an egghead like you probably has an autographed copy.

No, it's recent reprint.  I own it because I study the historical period, of course.

I actually have pretty strict rules about owning Nazi historical items: I have to be able to trace it back to the source, and be able to tell the story of where and who it comes from, and why/how it was used or awarded.  With the passing of the WWII generation, a lot of that stuff shows up in antique shops in central VA (as GIs collected it as war trophies and returned to the states with it).  But as war booty, any traceability to its origin is usually lost, and without that traceability it's no better than replicas to me...which owning such is just weird to me.  

On 1/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, devnull said:

During Rodgers segment, he commented that he had a copy of Atlas Shrugged on his bookshelf

The woke mob are aghast

I loved that.  I don't think anyone gives fewer &#%$s than Aaron Rodgers at this point.

• Like 1