Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Falcons Week 17: The Aftermath

Ann

Still not convinced that the Bills run game (backs) can be as good as it was today going forward.  Certainly a good step in the right direction though.  

Edited by Ninety-4

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I haven’t read anything you inbreed savages have written about the game.

This was my favorite game of the year, and it’s really not close.

Josh had a half-bad day.

These are the games, when you turn the ball over 4 times, and you’re playing a team with everything to lose, that define you.

How good is a team that overcomes *four* turnovers, to win by two scores?!?!

The Bills won this game by two scores.

The Bills clinched a birth in the second season.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Nanker said:

The Jests will not just show up and play dead. They want to knock The Bills out. That game will be their SuperBowl. 

If they lose to the Jets, I may slit my wrists.

• Angry 1

20 minutes ago, Ann said:

Bills offensive and defensive snap counts vs. Falcons:
-Gabe Davis led all WRs (Diggs missed a few plays with injury)
-Beasley 37/McKenzie 24
-DT: Phillips doubles-up Lotulelei

offense.png.40b7873e48da9b0c29f74a81fb5142d2.png

defense.png.d807016209478e9dc5ba647bfb126cce.png

Thanks for posting these snap counts, Ann.  They are really helpful in showing which players the staff prefers in the game and provide insight into what type of schemes they are using.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But that hat, shirt, and jacket combo...he's making Cam Newton look good, sartorially. 

He appears to be homeless........😀

18 hours ago, Nanker said:

No. He’s ripping rags off of Solzinetzein’s (sp) Gulag Archipelago inmates. 

This is the most literate thing I've ever heard on a Bills forum..........remember, the beer was cold!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I haven’t read anything you inbreed savages have written about the game.

This was my favorite game of the year, and it’s really not close.

Josh had a half-bad day.

These are the games, when you turn the ball over 4 times, and you’re playing a team with everything to lose, that define you.

How good is a team that overcomes *four* turnovers, to win by two scores?!?!

The Bills won this game by two scores.

The Bills clinched a birth in the second season.

Watching the whole team say its our turn to carry the load. Allens damn sure done his fair share. (Pardon my french) The Bills RB's to say this is our time to shove the rock up the dirty birds ass. So they can all fly back home to mommy, with their collective tail feathers between their legs.

It was awesome!!!

Standing One Buffalo Strong :1215180717_standingbuffalo75px:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On Sirius XM NFL The Blitz this morning. Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon had an NFL official on to discuss things, and Murray started explaining how it was ridiculous that Poyer was not flagged for going at Ryan near the end zone because Ryan was giving himself up.

It was nice to hear the official tell Bruce he was wrong because when a quarterback goes down head first, that is not considered giving himself up, so the non-call was the right call. 

I would add that last week in the Pats* game, the double whammy of NOT hitting Hughes with roughing the passer because he was trying to hold Jones up, followed immediately by the Pats* taunting penalty, was the oddest sequence of officiating I have seen in years.

Until yesterday. To quickly go from "ATLANTA TOUCHDOWN!" to 3rd and goal from the 16, was not the kind of call I'm used to seeing the Bills get. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

On Sirius XM NFL The Blitz this morning. Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon had an NFL official on to discuss things, and Murray started explaining how it was ridiculous that Poyer was not flagged for going at Ryan near the end zone because Ryan was giving himself up.

It was nice to hear the official tell Bruce he was wrong because when a quarterback goes down head first, that is not considered giving himself up, so the non-call was the right call. 

I would add that last week in the Pats* game, the double whammy of NOT hitting Hughes with roughing the passer because he was trying to hold Jones up, followed immediately by the Pats* taunting penalty, was the oddest sequence of officiating I have seen in years.

Until yesterday. To quickly go from "ATLANTA TOUCHDOWN!" to 3rd and goal from the 16, was not the kind of call I'm used to seeing the Bills get. Ever.

can you elaborate? Cuz i thought the qb diving head first gets the same protections as giving himself up, and the ball is spotted where he started the dive. I guess i’m wrong? Why was the ball spotted short on Ryan’s dive when his knee hit the ground but he was not “down by contact”?

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

can you elaborate? Cuz i thought the qb diving head first gets the same protections as giving himself up, and the ball is spotted where he started the dive. I guess i’m wrong? Why was the ball spotted short on Ryan’s dive when his knee hit the ground but he was not “down by contact”?

I would love to elaborate, but I'm just the translator. You do make a good point about his knee being down as the reason it was not a touchdown. It's possible what he was saying was that giving himself up by going head first doesn't protect his head from penalties like sliding feet first does. 

But I drinks a bit, so I may have misinterpreted.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I would love to elaborate, but I'm just the translator. You do make a good point about his knee being down as the reason it was not a touchdown. It's possible what he was saying was that giving himself up by going head first doesn't protect his head from penalties like sliding feet first does. 

But I drinks a bit, so I may have misinterpreted.

I recall that rule historically being that a QB that went down head-first was fair game...except in as much as you couldn't hit him low, high, spear him, scream profanity at him, tickle him on a Tuesday when the moon was waning gibbous, or breathe on him if he had a five-letter name beginning with "Brad" and ending in "q" or "y."  

But I thought they'd changed that rule, so that if he gave himself up in any manner, he could no longer be hit, tickled, or exhaled on.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2