Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New York Jets: Week 18 Game Week Thread

Ann

13 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Not to be taken lightly, they almost beat Brady last week.

I'm sure the Jets would like nothing better then to end the season upsetting Buffalo,

I know I'll be upset If that happens ...

• Like 3

RochesterRob
9 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm sure the Jets would like nothing better then to end the season upsetting Buffalo,

Anything can happen but I feel from Terry Pegula on down that a good effort will be made by the Bills.  Contrast that with Ralph Wilson who enjoyed winning but only so far plus Marv Levy who as I learn more did not have the intensity that McDermott has.  It just feels different now than say decades ago.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Remember when we ended their glorious season with Fitz knocking them out of the playoffs the last week back in 2016?

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, Figster said:

I know my blowhard Jester brother-in-law would love nothing better. He thinks it's the Jets God given right to beat the Bills twice a year.  His silence these past couple of years has been heavenly.  

One more game, please........

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

jets.jpg.ac1743ca2f42c931d36d25415990bd7d.jpg

Pretty often I'll hear a "former Bill" mentioned by name and say "oh yeah, that guy..."

This is the first time in a while I've seen a "former Bill" mentioned and said "Who the &#%$ is that?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Pretty often I'll hear a "former Bill" mentioned by name and say "oh yeah, that guy..."

This is the first time in a while I've seen a "former Bill" mentioned and said "Who the &#%$ is that?"

Right, not sure who Connor McDermott is.  Did Sean cut his brother?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Right, not sure who Connor McDermott is.  Did Sean cut his brother?

I believe it was his adopted son. Couldn't clap and had to go.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd like to point out that it's impossible for the Bills to get a first round bye, no matter what happens in week 18. What's on the line in this game is the title of AFC East Champions, as well as homefield advantage for at least one playoff game. The Bills are typically much better at passing than at running, and conditions at Highmark Stadium aren't always conducive to passing this time of year. So, it's not clear how much of an advantage homefield advantage would actually be. With that in mind, McDermott has the following three options:

1) Rest the older players and starters. Play younger players and backups. Giving many of our guys some rest/recovery would help them be fresh for the upcoming playoff game. It would also give younger guys valuable experience.

2) Rest the older players and starters, while playing younger players and backups. Except, no offensive linemen or RBs should be rested. The OL/RBs have taken a significant step up in recent weeks, so maybe keep them out on the field to build on what they've been accomplishing lately. Above all, do not bench Bates.

3) Treat this like a normal game.

With the AFC East championship on the line, it's almost certain McDermott chooses option 3. If I were in his place, I'd give serious thought to option 2. We'll see how all this plays out. Go Bills!

47 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I'd like to point out that it's impossible for the Bills to get a first round bye, no matter what happens in week 18. What's on the line in this game is the title of AFC East Champions, as well as homefield advantage for at least one playoff game. The Bills are typically much better at passing than at running, and conditions at Highmark Stadium aren't always conducive to passing this time of year. So, it's not clear how much of an advantage homefield advantage would actually be. With that in mind, McDermott has the following three options:

1) Rest the older players and starters. Play younger players and backups. Giving many of our guys some rest/recovery would help them be fresh for the upcoming playoff game. It would also give younger guys valuable experience.

2) Rest the older players and starters, while playing younger players and backups. Except, no offensive linemen or RBs should be rested. The OL/RBs have taken a significant step up in recent weeks, so maybe keep them out on the field to build on what they've been accomplishing lately. Above all, do not bench Bates.

3) Treat this like a normal game.

With the AFC East championship on the line, it's almost certain McDermott chooses option 3. If I were in his place, I'd give serious thought to option 2. We'll see how all this plays out. Go Bills!

3. Dont mess with the normal for the sake of safety. If you jump out to a lead rest them more. We need to keep rolling

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

3. Dont mess with the normal for the sake of safety. If you jump out to a lead rest them more. We need to keep rolling

I agree with keeping the starters playing but for different reasons:

1.  A division title does have meaning

2. Cincy, NE, and KC don’t offer any guarantees wrt the weather and those are the alternative sites if we somehow decide to tank week 18

3. We’ve had exactly zero home playoff games at full capacity in over 20 years and we’re supposed to just give that up?  Great way to salute your fan base.

4. Seed 4 could end up hosting games later in the playoffs and there are also chances….albeit small ones to move up to 2 or 3.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2