Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What will be the new name for the Washington Redskins?

mead107

37 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Same here. I get a quiet kick out of referring to them as the WTFs.

Which is probably why they want to change their name.  Gotta wonder how Washington Football Team (WFT) made it thru all the corporate and marketing types in the franchise and the NFL without somebody figuring out the WFT would eventually be called the WTF

• Cheers 1

If Dan Snyder had his way they would be the Redskins.  I think a vocal minority and corporation sponsors Nike and FedEx were the driving force behind the name change.  I wonder if Snyder is buying time to go back to the name Redskins.  The earliest he may be able to do this is in 2027 when Washington moves into a new stadium.

• Cheers 1

Beer__League__Hockey

Washington Wokesters.  We may not get TDs, first downs, or sacks - but all us white people feel better about ourselves now.  This is where you clap.

• Applause 1

CarpetCrawler

How about the Foreskins because their owner is a dick for changing the name in the first place. 

They'd still be the 'Skins.

• Like 3

Maybe they'll appease the people of DC and name them the Washington Latinx.

Of course, this will not appease the people for whom the phrase was created...the same people who effin' hate that name, but DC will embrace it, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Maybe they'll appease the people of DC and name them the Washington Latinx.

Of course, this will not appease the people for whom the phrase was created...the same people who effin' hate that name, but DC will embrace it, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

I hope they choose a name that's completely clean.  Y'know, like "Spic."

image.png.7b382caa56c23dac548e203d37d2bf9b.png

Because I'm not the least bit niggardly about offending illiterate morons with homonyms.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

How about the “Washington Insurrection”?

They could wear little black ‘1/6’ decals on their helmets and have a moment of silence before each game to commemorate the day Democracy was destroyed.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

I'm going to take a guess... the Redhawks.

That's my guess too.  It just took two years for legal to negotiate a pay out with the trademark squatter

• Like 1