Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What will be the new name for the Washington Redskins?

mead107

Tell me you didn't think something through without telling me you didn't think something through.

I don't think "Comm Rags" is going to stand the test of time.

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

As I pointed out before the announcement, "commander" is an official rank in the Cobra organization. As in, Cobra Commander.

So . . . what do we do with the fact that Washington's football team now has the same designation as the leader of Cobra? I see only one possible conclusion: the White House has been taken over by Cobra. Or if not by Cobra itself then certainly by someone else at least as evil.

Crap Throwing Clavin

Locals have already started calling them the "Commies."  :classic_laugh:

It's no surprise to me, but the Washington Commies has the worst marketing research on the planet.  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Be glad I deleted the diatribe on how most Navy combatants are powered by gas turbines fueled by F-76 distillate, which despite being called "marine diesel," isn't really marine diesel.

Wow GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• 1 month later...
Alaska Darin
On 2/3/2022 at 11:35 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Tell me you didn't think something through without telling me you didn't think something through.

I don't think "Comm Rags" is going to stand the test of time.

Thing sticks to everything but at least it can stand on its own.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Congress: "We're investigation financial impropriety now."

Redskins: "We're not guilty of any impropriety."

Everyone else: "It would be nice if anybody reported anything beyond the words "financial impropriety," ya think?"

Seriously...I've never seen any story with such a complete dearth of reporting as this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Everyone else: "It would be nice if anybody reported anything beyond the words "financial impropriety," ya think?"

Seriously...I've never seen any story with such a complete dearth of reporting as this one.

If this does not stick, what do they fire at next?

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

golly gee

they stumbled on the double secret 2 sets of books 

one using GAAP for financial reporting

and a 2nd double secret set of books for reporting the salary cap info to the NFL office

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/31/report-congressional-committee-explores-whether-the-washington-commanders-used-two-sets-of-books/

• Cheers 1

Arm of Harm
On 3/31/2022 at 4:08 PM, Foxx said:

Asking Congress to investigate reports of financial impropriety is like asking Jeffrey Dahmer to investigate reports of cannibalism. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ann said:

sounds serious

also sounds ludicrous that the league can't multiple 40% by total ticket revenue and confirm the right amount was deposited

sounds like the Commies would need someone in the league office to assist in this fraud.

Edited by Spartacus

54 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm sure this will only endear Snyder to the other owners even more.

I'm glad the House Oversight committee has nothing more important to do.  But it is kind of satisfying seeing Danny-boy squirm.

19 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I'm glad the House Oversight committee has nothing more important to do.  But it is kind of satisfying seeing Danny-boy squirm.

I'm guessing his days are actually numbered at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

That could be right.  I guess the closest thing to having seen ownership being taken away was what happened in Carolina a few years back, where Snyder could similarly be forced to sell.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I think you're right.  The old guard in the NFL has never liked DS and the constant turmoil and bad press around that franchise has likely killed any reticence they had left.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think you're right.  The old guard in the NFL has never liked DS and the constant turmoil and bad press around that franchise has likely killed any reticence they had left.

I, for one, will be sorry to see him leave.  His thoroughly incompetent ownership of the franchise has been a reliable constant for more than 20 years, and I'd hate to see that change, and the team potentially improve to "not ridiculous."

Plus, and not out of any sort of liking for Snyder, I'd hate to see him - or anyone - ousted as a team owner at the behest of a Congressional investigation that shouldn't be happening.  I'd honestly rather see Congress lose this one than Snyder.

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I, for one, will be sorry to see him leave.  His thoroughly incompetent ownership of the franchise has been a reliable constant for more than 20 years, and I'd hate to see that change, and the team potentially improve to "not ridiculous."

Plus, and not out of any sort of liking for Snyder, I'd hate to see him - or anyone - ousted as a team owner at the behest of a Congressional investigation that shouldn't be happening.  I'd honestly rather see Congress lose this one than Snyder.

I don't disagree with anything here.  I just don't think the old money in the NFL is going to let yet him survive yet another scandal.